Do not buy From Transmission Depot - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old April 11th, 2013, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Join the herd

Exclamation Do not buy From Transmission Depot

Do not buy From Transmission Depot
Link to the sight:Welcome to Transmission Depot - High quality transmissions and parts at affordable prices. 727 868-9462

Here is the Deal guys. I ordered a transmission from this place awhile back. about 2 weeks befor Feb 14 this year. They claimed that it would take two weeks max for the transmission to get to me. well two weeks after i ordered no transmission i called them and they told me it would be another week. Befor it will ship out not get me me befor it will ship. Finally after being given the brush off by them for a few weeks i called and said i wanted my money back. they quickly went to “your transmission is almost ready it need just one more part” so i told them it ships to day or i want my money back(bad idea on my part) they agreed and i found an email in my inbox saying it was on its way. the transmission get to my school in less then a week it was something like 3 days. once the transmission got to the school where i ordered it. it had to sit for a few weeks seeing it got there after i had autos class the day before and spring break was the next week. i came back two weeks later, to start working on my car and taking the old transmission out, this took about 3 weeks of hard frustrating labor. we went to go fill the torque converter on the new transmission to find that the company had sent us a broken one. i’m not one to normally overly mad fast but i haven’t felt to infuriated in years. they played me like a sucker, and now that i finally established contact with them they have quickly tried to make it sound as if i broke the transmission. we haven’t tryed to install the damn thing yet, and despite me telling this multiple times they still try to say it was me. i got ahold of dan there GM over there and he tried to screw me too. i told him i wanted a full refund and asked him how we go about this. he told me that i would need to fined a shipping company and pay out of my own money(that i have very little of) to ship it back to florida to them so they can inspect it then send me my money back. I got him to agree to cover the return shipping but i have a feeling he is going to try and gank me for $300+ on not refunding me for shipping. anyway if you read all this then now you know avoid transmission depot like the plague they are total scam artists. and expensive ones at that. they will take your money send you something broken then fight it with everything they have to keep your money. they will brush you off over the phones, make excuses as to why the manager isn’t there. over all they are vary unprofessional and DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old March 12th, 2014, 07:42 PM
Look Ma! My First Post!

my customer experience with transmission depot

this is my customer experience with transmission depot

3/9/2014 7:13:42 PM Hello,i purchased a stage 2 2004r from you all about 3yrs agao..it sat on the shipping crate covered in plastic untill i got it installed this week..trans seems to be working good so far though i havnt been able to road test the car yet other than move vehicle back and forth in drive way..my question is. would there bea way i can start the transmissions warrenty now since it just got installed since purchase??or do i have to buy another warrenty??the place i got my engine fromn also an ebay seller allowed me to start the warrenty now..so im hoping you folks would do same for me..so please let me know what we can work out..thanks!!

Staff
3/10/2014 9:02:32 AM Transmissions are a little different than motors. Sorry ~ No extensions ~ Should you have any issues, we have tech support available ~

Customer
3/10/2014 9:14:32 PM well..ok i guess it is what it is then..i did properly set tv cable as well as do pressure testing in all gears..i surly hope this transmission is what it was sold as..its never gonna see any thing over 300 hp..so the 600hp rating i should never have any ussues..ive read alot of customer nightmare story's dealing with you folks..unfortunatly after i purchased from you..well i appreciate you standing by your products..makes my stomach tight wondering if ive been ripped off for $1300..well i guess time will tell..if it continues to preform propperly after its first road tests and at least a year there after..you wont hear any thing else from me..but if this trans ends up costing me more money..well, im sure you can gather the rest..thanks
truly

Staff
3/11/2014 11:19:38 AM
#1 - We have maybe a handful of "unfavorable" reviews. We have been in business 20+yrs and ship over 100 transmissions worldwide, every single month. I believe there are 7 bad reviews on my company total. With 10,000+ transmissions out there, I think our success rate out-weights the negative.

#2 - Transmission valve bodies have assembly lube in them. When the transmission sits for a period of time, that lube can harden slightly. Causes valves to stick, which can cause transmission to slip, which will cause clutch failure.

Back in 2011 - Why did you not inform us this was a project vehicle? We deal with EVERY situation one can imagine. We DO extend our warranty for project vehicles.

HOWEVER, after 3 years, YOU did not find it necessary to reach out to us that there was a delay. Not only did your warranty expire, but you let another year go by and NOW you want an extension?

Now I have to respond to the statement: but if this Trans ends up costing me more money...well, im sure you can gather the rest.

No, I can not "gather the rest" – You have a running working transmission.
If you buy a TV from BestBuy, it must be returned within 60 days … Will they extend warranty because the living room was not finished? The answer is NO.

It is NOT that I/TransDepot is not standing behind our product, it is simply policy and procedure. We wish you happy motoring ~

If you should need any technical support, we have techs available Monday through Friday 8am-5pm

my response
ok..fully understand...i didnt expect vehicle to sit so long for completion but i ran out of money to finish it..so the past 3 yrs ive been saving everything i can to finish car ..very difficult w 3 kids to raise on single income..so ive finally saved enough to finish it and im just worried the trans may have issues i cant afford at all to fix..and didnt expect to have to fix a new tranny..so i just pray it doesnt give me any issues or ive got a $1300 paper weight..ya know what i mean??ill be forced to save for god knows how long just to get a used stock trans from craigslist that probly wont handle the new engine..hence why i bought new trans instead of having original rebuilt..so i dont mean to come off harsh..just worried..so in your experience..since this trans sat for a wile..is it doomed to fail??should i just remove it untill i can get it rebuilt again and just buy a junker trans till then??or should i use some additive to help reverse the downtime?
i do appreciate the communication ..just wish things were different..as i said..havnt road tested it yet..kinda scared too..lol..but it goes in all gears and the pressure is proper in all gears..that doesnt mean a whole lot if the clutches and bands are burning up..so any advice or esp assistance would be awesome..im a nice guy....i guess i just expected you all to help me out as the other companys i purchased from in the beginning of this project did..
2 company's evin sent me free parts to replace ones i ordered that didnt fit..and didnt ask me to return origonal ones..that says alot to me..and im also into alot of promotions and advertising..and believe me i spread the word and alot of it when a company does me right..but when im not treated as i would treat my customers..well..leaves a bad taste in my mouth..and the word goes out as it tastes to me..

theyre reply..
Sir,

If you need any technical support, feel free to contact us. My technicains are available Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.

And as far as "not treating you well" ..... You bought a transmission and installed it. It is running and functioning properly.
Not sure what more a company can do, than sell something that works.

Furthermore, you are entering into a very serious area called "SLANDER" when you state things like "im also into alot of promotions and advertising..and believe me i spread the word and alot of it when a company does me right..but when im not treated as i would treat my customers..well..leaves a bad taste in my mouth..and the word goes out as it tastes to me.."

We are being "threatened" with your mention of "putting the word out as it taste to you. "

Let me tell you what WE EXPECT. We expect that when customers have custom applications and or project vehicles, they inform us. We try very hard to maintain good customer relations. Even extending warrantys for projects. I am not sure why you would wait 3 years before reaching out to us, but we are not going to feel guilted or bullied into extending a warranty.

Again, should you have any issues, call us. Transmission is not covered under warranty, however, my tech support is FREE and parts (if needed) will be discounted. That is the best I can do.

I sincerely wish you the best ~ I have attached our installation instructions for the 2004R. Be sure the geometry is correct.

Happy Motoring ~

Transmission Depot
Asst Operations Manager

my response

ok...wow...slander..i wasnt threatening at all..and i dont have any thing for you to sue me for..besides a 30yr old car..lol..ok well i guess time will tell then..the trans was installed by an a.s.e master mechanic by the way...well thanks for such a great experience..if the trans fails then i guess its an expensive lesson learned..but i will do my absolute best to stop any one else from making the mistake i did..you wont receive any further communication from me..so please dont sue me..happy transmission building..

as you can plainly see they are very hateful towards customers regarding anything to do with the warrenty..you cant find hardly a single positive review for this company..just nightmare storys like mine...once trans was road tested..it felt WORSE than the tired old 200c that it replaced..so im now in process of getting car to local shop to have trans rebuilt again the right way.. so please avoid this company at all costs
post #3 of 5 Old March 13th, 2014, 05:56 AM
SPECIAL TEAM FORCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONEWOLFIGD View Post
this is my customer experience with transmission depot

3/9/2014 7:13:42 PM Hello,i purchased a stage 2 2004r from you all about 3yrs agao..it sat on the shipping crate covered in plastic untill i got it installed this week..trans seems to be working good so far though i havnt been able to road test the car yet other than move vehicle back and forth in drive way..my question is. would there bea way i can start the transmissions warrenty now since it just got installed since purchase??or do i have to buy another warrenty??the place i got my engine fromn also an ebay seller allowed me to start the warrenty now..so im hoping you folks would do same for me..so please let me know what we can work out..thanks!!

Staff
3/10/2014 9:02:32 AM Transmissions are a little different than motors. Sorry ~ No extensions ~ Should you have any issues, we have tech support available ~

Customer
3/10/2014 9:14:32 PM well..ok i guess it is what it is then..i did properly set tv cable as well as do pressure testing in all gears..i surly hope this transmission is what it was sold as..its never gonna see any thing over 300 hp..so the 600hp rating i should never have any ussues..ive read alot of customer nightmare story's dealing with you folks..unfortunatly after i purchased from you..well i appreciate you standing by your products..makes my stomach tight wondering if ive been ripped off for $1300..well i guess time will tell..if it continues to preform propperly after its first road tests and at least a year there after..you wont hear any thing else from me..but if this trans ends up costing me more money..well, im sure you can gather the rest..thanks
truly

Staff
3/11/2014 11:19:38 AM
#1 - We have maybe a handful of "unfavorable" reviews. We have been in business 20+yrs and ship over 100 transmissions worldwide, every single month. I believe there are 7 bad reviews on my company total. With 10,000+ transmissions out there, I think our success rate out-weights the negative.

#2 - Transmission valve bodies have assembly lube in them. When the transmission sits for a period of time, that lube can harden slightly. Causes valves to stick, which can cause transmission to slip, which will cause clutch failure.

Back in 2011 - Why did you not inform us this was a project vehicle? We deal with EVERY situation one can imagine. We DO extend our warranty for project vehicles.

HOWEVER, after 3 years, YOU did not find it necessary to reach out to us that there was a delay. Not only did your warranty expire, but you let another year go by and NOW you want an extension?

Now I have to respond to the statement: but if this Trans ends up costing me more money...well, im sure you can gather the rest.

No, I can not "gather the rest" – You have a running working transmission.
If you buy a TV from BestBuy, it must be returned within 60 days … Will they extend warranty because the living room was not finished? The answer is NO.

It is NOT that I/TransDepot is not standing behind our product, it is simply policy and procedure. We wish you happy motoring ~

If you should need any technical support, we have techs available Monday through Friday 8am-5pm

my response
ok..fully understand...i didnt expect vehicle to sit so long for completion but i ran out of money to finish it..so the past 3 yrs ive been saving everything i can to finish car ..very difficult w 3 kids to raise on single income..so ive finally saved enough to finish it and im just worried the trans may have issues i cant afford at all to fix..and didnt expect to have to fix a new tranny..so i just pray it doesnt give me any issues or ive got a $1300 paper weight..ya know what i mean??ill be forced to save for god knows how long just to get a used stock trans from craigslist that probly wont handle the new engine..hence why i bought new trans instead of having original rebuilt..so i dont mean to come off harsh..just worried..so in your experience..since this trans sat for a wile..is it doomed to fail??should i just remove it untill i can get it rebuilt again and just buy a junker trans till then??or should i use some additive to help reverse the downtime?
i do appreciate the communication ..just wish things were different..as i said..havnt road tested it yet..kinda scared too..lol..but it goes in all gears and the pressure is proper in all gears..that doesnt mean a whole lot if the clutches and bands are burning up..so any advice or esp assistance would be awesome..im a nice guy....i guess i just expected you all to help me out as the other companys i purchased from in the beginning of this project did..
2 company's evin sent me free parts to replace ones i ordered that didnt fit..and didnt ask me to return origonal ones..that says alot to me..and im also into alot of promotions and advertising..and believe me i spread the word and alot of it when a company does me right..but when im not treated as i would treat my customers..well..leaves a bad taste in my mouth..and the word goes out as it tastes to me..

theyre reply..
Sir,

If you need any technical support, feel free to contact us. My technicains are available Monday through Friday 8am-5pm.

And as far as "not treating you well" ..... You bought a transmission and installed it. It is running and functioning properly.
Not sure what more a company can do, than sell something that works.

Furthermore, you are entering into a very serious area called "SLANDER" when you state things like "im also into alot of promotions and advertising..and believe me i spread the word and alot of it when a company does me right..but when im not treated as i would treat my customers..well..leaves a bad taste in my mouth..and the word goes out as it tastes to me.."

We are being "threatened" with your mention of "putting the word out as it taste to you. "

Let me tell you what WE EXPECT. We expect that when customers have custom applications and or project vehicles, they inform us. We try very hard to maintain good customer relations. Even extending warrantys for projects. I am not sure why you would wait 3 years before reaching out to us, but we are not going to feel guilted or bullied into extending a warranty.

Again, should you have any issues, call us. Transmission is not covered under warranty, however, my tech support is FREE and parts (if needed) will be discounted. That is the best I can do.

I sincerely wish you the best ~ I have attached our installation instructions for the 2004R. Be sure the geometry is correct.

Happy Motoring ~

Transmission Depot
Asst Operations Manager

my response

ok...wow...slander..i wasnt threatening at all..and i dont have any thing for you to sue me for..besides a 30yr old car..lol..ok well i guess time will tell then..the trans was installed by an a.s.e master mechanic by the way...well thanks for such a great experience..if the trans fails then i guess its an expensive lesson learned..but i will do my absolute best to stop any one else from making the mistake i did..you wont receive any further communication from me..so please dont sue me..happy transmission building..

as you can plainly see they are very hateful towards customers regarding anything to do with the warrenty..you cant find hardly a single positive review for this company..just nightmare storys like mine...once trans was road tested..it felt WORSE than the tired old 200c that it replaced..so im now in process of getting car to local shop to have trans rebuilt again the right way.. so please avoid this company at all costs
this post reminds me of when i was a little kid and me and my sister each put our hamsters in the same bath tub and they stood at opposite ends and took turns pulling shit pellets out of their butts and throwing them at each other

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

instagram
post #4 of 5 Old March 14th, 2014, 09:56 AM
SleeperStang

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
this post reminds me of when i was a little kid and me and my sister each put our hamsters in the same bath tub and they stood at opposite ends and took turns pulling shit pellets out of their butts and throwing them at each other

Laser Red Crew #6
276/296 on a pi swap and OPS1 cams

Mods in Garage
post #5 of 5 Old June 25th, 2014, 08:09 PM

Lonewolf how can you have that disposition? Transmission Depot handled your Q&A professionally. They did their job and you took too long to do the install. Had there been an issue during the warranty period then you would have something to gripe about. Instead you look like a clod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/reviews/299361-do-not-buy-transmission-depot.html
Posted By For Type Date
Untitled document This thread Refback March 20th, 2015 01:01 PM