Rear Bumper / Dual Exhaust
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 12th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #1
MM's Official Lucifer

'00 3.8L & '05 4.6L

goren813 is just really nicegoren813 is just really nicegoren813 is just really nicegoren813 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to goren813

Rear Bumper / Dual Exhaust

So you sixxer guys with dual exhausts... GT bumper? This is route I want to go, I personally despise the look of the dualies out of the sixxer rear bumper. Where did you pick up the GT rear from? I know there's gotta be people with them for cheap after replacing theirs with aftermarket. It can be any color really since I plan to have it painted. Where should I look?
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough00BlueMustang is a jewel in the rough

First you could start looking at scrap yards and just look around in ads in your local newspaper and if all else fails just buy a new one off the internet
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

2003 V6 Mustang
Too long@Too slow

white03v6 is just really nicewhite03v6 is just really nicewhite03v6 is just really nicewhite03v6 is just really nice

...or you can have cut-outs made on your v6 bumper
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:54 PM   #4
The George Forman of Keepers

JASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to JASonic

Goren...I looked at every yard in our area for one about a year ago. I was shocked that nobody had one. Let me know if you find one. Try Kagels in Riverview. They seem to have alot of Mustang parts and if you call them they are cool on the phone.
Old February 12th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #5
Safud: MM's Resident Hadji

00 v6 & 99 Cobra

Safi has much to be proud ofSafi has much to be proud ofSafi has much to be proud ofSafi has much to be proud ofSafi has much to be proud ofSafi has much to be proud ofSafi has much to be proud ofSafi has much to be proud ofSafi has much to be proud ofSafi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Safi Send a message via MSN to Safi Send a message via Yahoo to Safi

I have one, and it looks great!

Don't know where to find one though so im of no help

Originally Posted by asiansensation78 View Post
Yeah Safi beat me on OG status lol
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #6
Regular

2000 Mustang V6
need to run at track

SleeperStang88 is on a distinguished road

here is a website to buy em new and cheap if you want to look em up Ford Mustang Auto Parts and Trucks Hoods Manufacturer Expert: Hoods, Wings, Ground Effect Kits, Lights, Styling Bars and Much More
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #7
MM's Official Lucifer

'00 3.8L & '05 4.6L

goren813 is just really nicegoren813 is just really nicegoren813 is just really nicegoren813 is just really nice

Yeah JA I had no luck either. One place I have bought some stock replacement pieces is Prestige Mustang. They're located around Athens, GA and shipped me some stuff it was all good quality (off of wrecked Stangs). I left them an email about the bumper and am waiting to hear. Craigslist had nothing, and ebay had a couple that had damage. ...The search continues...

I was more hoping someone would chime in saying they had one for sale...
Old February 13th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #8
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

my_2000stang is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to my_2000stang

I would have to say you cut out the other side bumper exhaust hole, because the V6 dualies may not line up right with the GT bumper's exhaust cut-outs. I did mine myself, so this could be why mine do not line up so perfect.

4.6L Bad Ass V8
Old February 13th, 2009, 10:31 AM   #9
MM's Official Lucifer

'00 3.8L & '05 4.6L

I wanna puke when I see sixxers with shatty lookin self cuts on body pieces. No offense to anyone, just not for me. I've never seen or heard anyone having problems with it lining up with the GT bumper...
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:12 PM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

2003 V6 Mustang
Too long@Too slow

white03v6 is just really nicewhite03v6 is just really nicewhite03v6 is just really nicewhite03v6 is just really nice

Originally Posted by 6er_w/a_Vengance View Post
and it'll look like S&^%...i know this from seeing other people fail, even though they did it right
i said do it yourself, but i was trying to say that you could have a shop do it while they install the exhaust...ive seen that a couple times and it looks great. i have seen people mess up with they try to do it themselves though. but even still the shop can mess it up i guess...
Old February 13th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #11
The George Forman of Keepers

JASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to allJASonic is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to JASonic

If you got the GT bumper BEFORE the exhaust, it would be easy. I know my tips wouldnt line up right the way it is now.
Old February 14th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #12
Hardcore Enthusiast

2003 V6 Mustang
Too long@Too slow

Originally Posted by 6er_w/a_Vengance View Post
until i see pics im against cut-outs on anything under an '05...if you dont like tips under the bumper and can't find a GT bumper...just have them put dual turn-downs in the back instead of tips...u'll get a nice clean line and not tips to hang there
How to cut dual exhaust openings in a 1999-2004 Mustang V6 bumper

theres a pic for DIY, now that could have been done better, but it still looks 100X better than tips under a bumper without cut outs.
and +1 on the turn-donws, but like for people that want tips but cant afford/find a gt bumper...ive heard that a shop would charge $20 to do that and it will look so much better than tips under an uncut v6 bumper. this is all imo, and opinions/personal preferences vary from person to person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Rear Bumper / Dual Exhaust
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cutting the v6 mustang bumper for dual exhaust 1REASUN V6 Mustangs 16 July 21st, 2008 08:45 PM
Exhaust And Rear Bumper edujsalcedo V6 Mustangs 25 April 18th, 2008 01:07 PM
Dual exhaust bumper cutouts danzaman V6 Mustangs 13 August 16th, 2007 10:08 AM
v6 mustang rear bumper dual exhuast cut DSEZ V6 Mustangs 7 January 26th, 2007 01:14 AM
Rear Bumper Exhaust Lip cormikeday V6 Mustangs 6 September 5th, 2006 08:11 PM