Building my own Turbo kit
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools
Old July 26th, 2009, 09:09 PM   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Regular

2002 Mustang GT Silver

mustangv600 is on a distinguished road

Building my own Turbo kit

Ok guys I have looked out there for a month or two now and seeing no other option I'm guessing since TMA doesnt make em anymore Im going to piece one together myself does anyone have a list of components I would need other than the fact of the turbo itself an intercooler and piping and also how do I know what turbo is good I've never really looked into the numbering things so can you guys help me out so I can buys the parts slowly and end up putting them in eventually what kind of piping should I use 2.25" or 2.5" I was thinking about pushing 7lbs of boost vause it being stock and all and buying the windstar intake. Do I really need the lower intake ported or can that wait until I eventually can buy forged internals I just really want to make my car more fun to drive until I get out of college then I can do some really fun stuff like forged internals and all that good stuff. The exhaust is done and CAI tuner I think next but would like to know what to invest next for this slowly movin turbo project The car is automatic btw with a 7.5 limited slip differential and 3.27 gears. If this goes well maybe Ill think about building kits as a side job maybe not sure yet I could always use the cash got some talented buddies who could help me pull this off

Last edited by mustangv600; July 26th, 2009 at 09:11 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #2
MM's Database Error

2004 Mustang V6
322.8 rwhp

WLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud of

what do you mean you already have the exhaust finished. you do realize that your exhaust setup is going to change since the headers are going to be going the other way right?
as far as piping mine is 3 inch. cai is going to be pointless if ur going turbo.
unless you really know how to weld and know whats involved in doing this then i would reconsider this idea

I'm trying to get rid of this stuff, feel free to make me an offer!:
SCT Mass Air Flow Sensor $200
Tial Wastegate Springs $40 (10psi and 3.6psi)
Old July 26th, 2009, 09:59 PM   #3
Regular

2002 Mustang GT Silver

Originally Posted by WLJohnson05 View Post
what do you mean you already have the exhaust finished. you do realize that your exhaust setup is going to change since the headers are going to be going the other way right?
as far as piping mine is 3 inch. cai is going to be pointless if ur going turbo.
unless you really know how to weld and know whats involved in doing this then i would reconsider this idea
There really is no other options as far as this goes I realize its all going to change but I'm going to piece it together one by one and eventually put everything in once I complete all that is needed I know someone who can help me with the piping/welding so what else is involved where do i get the turbo pieces ebay lol
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:13 PM   #4
MM's Database Error

2004 Mustang V6
322.8 rwhp

WLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mustangv600 View Post
There really is no other options as far as this goes I realize its all going to change but I'm going to piece it together one by one and eventually put everything in once I complete all that is needed I know someone who can help me with the piping/welding so what else is involved where do i get the turbo pieces ebay lol
no i wouldnt go an ebay route on this. you're going to have to go through the slow process of bending tacking and test fitting, then continue it through the whole process. but before all that you're going to need some turbo manifolds built for it. besides the piping, you're also gonna need the turbo, intercooler, oil feed and drain lines, and the fittings for them. something to tap the oil pan. bigger fuel injectors, maf, fuel pump, gaskets and clamps for the piping, the nuts and bolts for all that. the flanges for all the piping, exhaust fit to the downpipe...then a dyno tune. its a lot involved in piecing a kit together and a lot of time and money

Old July 26th, 2009, 10:17 PM   #5
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 gt

mustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to beholdmustanginky is a splendid one to behold

yeah it isn't gonna be a weekend project.

HARDCORE CREW

BRIGHT ATLANTIC BLUE CREW #1 MEMBER
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #6
Regular

95 gt

DejaBlue87 is on a distinguished road

ud b better off just buying a kit.. u can get one for a pretty decent price from B&G turbo.. just google them and shoot them an email..
Old July 27th, 2009, 03:14 AM   #7
Regular

2004 Mustang V6 Vert.
328/419 @ 4000 rpms

plove71387 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bluestang1724 View Post
ud b better off just buying a kit.. u can get one for a pretty decent price from B&G turbo.. just google them and shoot them an email..
There is no company that makes turbo kits for a V6 mustang any more really a few guys on V6Power.net and Main Page - 3.8Wiki make parts for a kit but not a full kit OR wait till a used tma kit comes up as they do every now and again.

B & G is a turbo company for a V8 mustang.
Old July 27th, 2009, 04:02 PM   #8
Regular

1996 ford mustang

theyanks904 is on a distinguished road

give tom a call at supersix last time i checked witch as like a month ago he had a turbo kit 4 our cars give him a call and see what he says ......... the hell with fabing one up
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #9
Regular

2004 Mustang V6 Vert.
328/419 @ 4000 rpms

plove71387 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by theyanks904 View Post
give tom a call at supersix last time i checked witch as like a month ago he had a turbo kit 4 our cars give him a call and see what he says ......... the hell with fabing one up
That sold a bit ago .. just keep alook around im sure you can find aused kit.
Old July 29th, 2009, 06:12 AM   #10
Regular

2002 Mustang GT Silver

Originally Posted by plove71387 View Post
There is no company that makes turbo kits for a V6 mustang any more really a few guys on V6Power.net and Main Page - 3.8Wiki make parts for a kit but not a full kit OR wait till a used tma kit comes up as they do every now and again.

B & G is a turbo company for a V8 mustang.
Well apparently I talked to them and they said they will custom make a turbo kit for me unfortunately I don't have enough money quite yet
Old July 31st, 2009, 03:22 PM   #11
MM's Database Error

2004 Mustang V6
322.8 rwhp

if you're still looking at a turbo kit, a twin has popped up here
3.8 Mustang Message Board - View Single Post - 99-04 Garrett Twin Turbo Kit For Sale

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/131601-building-my-own-turbo-kit.html
Posted By For Type Date
Used Turbo Kits for Mustang on Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News, Shopping and more... This thread Refback August 11th, 2009 01:00 AM
Untitled document This thread Pingback July 27th, 2009 07:27 AM

Threads Similar to: Building my own Turbo kit
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Building A Vortech Kit DiZzyBonne 99 - 04 3 September 18th, 2008 06:19 PM
i'm building an inexpensive supercharger kit.... SilverStang03 99 - 04 20 September 16th, 2008 03:55 PM
building a motor for my turbo,piston help? 95StangSVT General Tech 8 May 13th, 2008 09:38 PM
building twin turbo cobra motor from scratch/Need HELP. orangestang35th 99 - 04 1 July 24th, 2007 07:54 AM
Turbo HorsePower Twin Turbo kit dblindberg 2005 - 2010 34 June 17th, 2007 08:05 PM