Schrader Valve 2000 V6
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 4th, 2009, 01:45 PM   #1

Mrs_Mustang is on a distinguished road

Schrader Valve 2000 V6

Is there a schrader valve on a V6 3.8L 2000 Ford Mustang? It should be attached to the fuel rail, but I don't see it anywhere. I've been having car problems and I need to determine whether the engine is getting fuel or not. I think I may have a bad fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter.

If you could provide a picture that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 4th, 2009, 02:25 PM   #2
MM's Database Error

2004 Mustang V6
322.8 rwhp

WLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud of

if you havent changed the fuel filter out, and i think you said it has 125k miles on it, then that needs to be done anyway. its not a difficult job and you can do it in an afternoon.

to really see if its clogged, you should be able to blow through it fairly easily. if you cant then it is clogged.

I'm trying to get rid of this stuff, feel free to make me an offer!:
SCT Mass Air Flow Sensor $200
Tial Wastegate Springs $40 (10psi and 3.6psi)
Old December 4th, 2009, 02:28 PM   #3

Are there any special tools or considerations to be had before I change it out?
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

stephen has a spectacular aura aboutstephen has a spectacular aura aboutstephen has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mrs_Mustang View Post
Is there a schrader valve on a V6 3.8L 2000 Ford Mustang? It should be attached to the fuel rail, but I don't see it anywhere. I've been having car problems and I need to determine whether the engine is getting fuel or not. I think I may have a bad fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter.

If you could provide a picture that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
It's on the fuel rail near the alternator. It should have a threaded plastic cap on it.

To change the fuel filter you need a line disconnect tool. It would also be a good idea to release fuel pressure at the schrader valve.
Old December 4th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #5
MM's Database Error

2004 Mustang V6
322.8 rwhp

WLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mrs_Mustang View Post
Are there any special tools or considerations to be had before I change it out?
as stephen said yes there is a fuel line tool, its a little plastic disconnect tool, you can buy them from any auto parts store, hell you might even be able to just rent em.
just get an new filter and then if you want to, get rid of of the pressure by using the shrader valve on the front driver side of the fuel line. if you cant find it, its not that serious. you will just have a little fuel come out when you take the filter out.

special word of advice, wear safety glasses. gas in your eye is not fun.

I'm trying to get rid of this stuff, feel free to make me an offer!:
SCT Mass Air Flow Sensor $200
Tial Wastegate Springs $40 (10psi and 3.6psi)
Old December 4th, 2009, 07:19 PM   #6

Thanks everyone for all your help, but I think the mustang is toast. I found the schrader valve and discovered that I had ample fuel going to the engine. So I tried to start it up one more time. I turned the key and it turned and labored for a about a second and then nothing. The engine doesn't even want to spin anymore. It's completely seized up. I'll never know what happened or what was wrong with it, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Thanks again you guys for helping me out. I really appreciate it.

RIP Green 2000 Mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Schrader Valve 2000 V6
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
schrader valve flattusmaximus78 V6 Mustangs 6 September 9th, 2008 09:57 PM
Schrader Valve 01dutchGT 99 - 04 14 January 13th, 2008 11:23 PM
Fuel Rail Schrader Valve thread MustangMatt96GT 99 - 04 5 January 5th, 2008 12:35 AM
Schrader valve... fuel rails? flattusmaximus78 General Tech 3 June 4th, 2007 05:06 PM
Schrader valve... fuel rails? flattusmaximus78 V6 Mustangs 2 June 3rd, 2007 09:42 AM