muffler size??? inlet/outlet
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 13th, 2010, 02:25 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

00 Saleen s281
NA

dark_horse will become famous soon enough

muffler size??? inlet/outlet

ok so i was looking around on flowmastermufflers.com and i was looking at some for my stang, and i came across this

and the inlet and outlet are 2.0 inlet/outlet, i thought it was 2.5 inlet/outlet
well i already have a flowmaster muffler that 2.0 inlet/outlet, and its right im just going to put it on for know until i get thew money to go dual

so can someone point me in the wright direction if it is 2.0 or 2.5

thanks

Last edited by dark_horse; May 13th, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #2
Regular

236Mustang will become famous soon enough

dont waste ur money on those mufflers, i would get these.

Dynomax 17659 Thrush Welded Mufflers

they are cheaper and sound the same as flowmasters

but to answer ur question, 2.5"

1995 Turbo V6 Mustang (auto)
Check out my build <----
ET: 13.3@103mph (with a blown header gasket)
Built by Iron Horse Motorsports
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #3
Banned

6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
ok so i was looking around on flowmastermufflers.com and i was looking at some for my stang, and i came across this

and the inlet and outlet are 2.0 inlet/outlet, i thought it was 2.5 inlet/outlet
well i already have a flowmaster muffler that 2.0 inlet/outlet, and its right im just going to put it on for know until i get thew money to go dual

so can someone point me in the wright direction if it is 2.0 or 2.5

thanks
i like where you're going with the flowmasters, however i wouldn't use 2" tubing...i'd sell the one you have now and order two new ones with a 2.5" inlet and outlet...have a shop do the rest...

as for the thrushs he mentioned....i had those for 6 months...though they make a nice tone at idle...they are way to quite IMO
Old May 14th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #4
Banned

99 mustang

clidefr0g is loose again, somebody get the straightjacket

flow 40's imo, and the inlet should be 2.5 and o3" tip
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

00 Saleen s281
NA

dark_horse will become famous soon enough

anyways ive been looking for a sound clip and cant find anything with just a flowmaster muffler, not dual, just replaceing the factory with as flowmaster or with a cold air.

does any one have that setup?
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:56 PM   #6
Enthusiast

2000 Mustang

Baker02125 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Originally Posted by clidefr0g View Post
flow 40's imo, and the inlet should be 2.5 and o3" tip
I have longtube headers custom fabbed H pipe flow 40's all 2.5 inch piping with 3 inch tips. Sounds absolutely amazing, i dont think i could be happier with the tone unless i threw in cams
Old May 15th, 2010, 09:49 PM   #7
Banned

6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baker02125 View Post
I have longtube headers custom fabbed H pipe flow 40's all 2.5 inch piping with 3 inch tips. Sounds absolutely amazing, i dont think i could be happier with the tone unless i threw in cams
basically you'd get what my friend had...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: muffler size??? inlet/outlet
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inlet size on SVO M112 Eaton S/c jhills2 96 - 98 3 February 1st, 2010 01:17 AM
Biggest Muffler outlet diameter? catchtheroadrunner 2005 - 2010 28 February 25th, 2008 07:51 PM
which inlet outlet muffler xSxTxAxNxGx V6 Mustangs 2 October 30th, 2007 12:22 AM
Is The Inlet Size of T-Rex Fuel Pump -8an ? 92lx5oh 5.0 Mustangs 0 March 20th, 2007 04:03 PM
mufflers with inlet/outlet on same side danthelion 99 - 04 2 January 22nd, 2007 12:41 AM