reset the ecu - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old June 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

reset the ecu

so after reading from some other forums on how important it is to reset your ecu after i mod, i reset my ecu yesterday, (disconnected neg battery cable for 30mins) and wow...i turned my car on let it idle for 5mins then took her out and floored it doing 3 10-70mph pulls and a ton of 0-40's and 50-80 pulls so my ecu could recalibrate to my mods( dual exhaust and cai) im sure the cai doesn't do much but man im pretty sure my exhaust is alot more effective now in generating more hp. ive never felt such an increase, above about 4250rpms the car pulls SO hard now, i feel the biggest improvement in 2nd gear. my exhaust even sounds different now, its not as raspy and sound more smoothly loud, definitely something important to do that im sure many people have overlooked, just wanted to throw this out there

2004 Bolt on & Cammed 3.9L V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old June 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

yeah I heard about that for cais. But if you get new gears dont count on it resetting to the normal rotations . But thanks for brining this up Im sure a few people might learn something

-2001 Black Bullitt #895 - Coilovers, Tuned, TSW Mirabeau Wheels Daily, Staggered Hypercoated Saleen Track
-2002 Torch Red Mustang - Lowered, Intake, Exhaust, Sprayed, Gears
- Conqueror of the Nurburgring Norschliefe
post #3 of 5 Old June 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

yeah i know ill be getting gears the same time i get a tuner, just in the mean time before a tuner, resetting the ecu helps. my friend actually told me to disconnect my neg batt cable before i installed my cai and the told me to hook it back up after, i never knew what he was talking about so i never did it until now

2004 Bolt on & Cammed 3.9L V6
post #4 of 5 Old June 8th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

yeah Im not sure it did too much with the exhuast but it definatly helped with the intake . Goodluck on gears youll love a tlok almost as much as the gears themself

-2001 Black Bullitt #895 - Coilovers, Tuned, TSW Mirabeau Wheels Daily, Staggered Hypercoated Saleen Track
-2002 Torch Red Mustang - Lowered, Intake, Exhaust, Sprayed, Gears
- Conqueror of the Nurburgring Norschliefe
post #5 of 5 Old June 9th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Just Cheesin'

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Red Pony Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Red Pony
I think you might want to go easy for the first day THEN give it hell. Flooring it right after resetting it is going to get it use to being driven hard and it MIGHT cruise sloppy when it is used to being driven hard.

Though I did notice an improvement after resetting it after the WS swap.

271rwhp N/A V6
R.I.P.

SC swap in the works. Slowly but surely.

The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.
Job security.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page