reset the ecu
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:02 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Stang 1.0Gallon V6
14.43 @96

walt1120 is a jewel in the roughwalt1120 is a jewel in the roughwalt1120 is a jewel in the rough

reset the ecu

so after reading from some other forums on how important it is to reset your ecu after i mod, i reset my ecu yesterday, (disconnected neg battery cable for 30mins) and wow...i turned my car on let it idle for 5mins then took her out and floored it doing 3 10-70mph pulls and a ton of 0-40's and 50-80 pulls so my ecu could recalibrate to my mods( dual exhaust and cai) im sure the cai doesn't do much but man im pretty sure my exhaust is alot more effective now in generating more hp. ive never felt such an increase, above about 4250rpms the car pulls SO hard now, i feel the biggest improvement in 2nd gear. my exhaust even sounds different now, its not as raspy and sound more smoothly loud, definitely something important to do that im sure many people have overlooked, just wanted to throw this out there
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Nitrous Injected V6
12's?

Matt. is a jewel in the roughMatt. is a jewel in the roughMatt. is a jewel in the roughMatt. is a jewel in the rough

yeah I heard about that for cais. But if you get new gears dont count on it resetting to the normal rotations . But thanks for brining this up Im sure a few people might learn something

Project Red Magic
-Full Intake, Full Exhuast,Geared, Tune, Sprayed, Dropped-
-18 Inch Hypercoated Saleens wrapped in Nittos-
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Stang 1.0Gallon V6
14.43 @96

walt1120 is a jewel in the roughwalt1120 is a jewel in the roughwalt1120 is a jewel in the rough

yeah i know ill be getting gears the same time i get a tuner, just in the mean time before a tuner, resetting the ecu helps. my friend actually told me to disconnect my neg batt cable before i installed my cai and the told me to hook it back up after, i never knew what he was talking about so i never did it until now
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:26 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Nitrous Injected V6
12's?

Matt. is a jewel in the roughMatt. is a jewel in the roughMatt. is a jewel in the roughMatt. is a jewel in the rough

yeah Im not sure it did too much with the exhuast but it definatly helped with the intake . Goodluck on gears youll love a tlok almost as much as the gears themself

Project Red Magic
-Full Intake, Full Exhuast,Geared, Tune, Sprayed, Dropped-
-18 Inch Hypercoated Saleens wrapped in Nittos-
Old June 9th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #5
Just Cheesin'

01 Built V6 (3.9)
13.88 @ 101.15 N/A

Mr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Red Pony Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Red Pony

I think you might want to go easy for the first day THEN give it hell. Flooring it right after resetting it is going to get it use to being driven hard and it MIGHT cruise sloppy when it is used to being driven hard.

Though I did notice an improvement after resetting it after the WS swap.

271rwhp N/A V6
R.I.P.

SC swap in the works. Slowly but surely.

The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.
Job security.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: reset the ecu
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odometer reset? Infamous_GT 99 - 04 4 May 9th, 2010 04:02 PM
Stock radio reset?! 08fordgt 2005 - 2010 4 April 14th, 2010 06:37 PM
Idle reset question fateisajester 5.0 Mustangs 4 May 15th, 2009 12:49 PM
5.0 Base Idle Reset TurboLX 5.0 Mustangs 26 May 9th, 2009 11:02 AM
How Do I Reset My Ecu?!?! Youngstang57 2005 - 2010 3 December 8th, 2008 12:39 PM