Yet Another Problem, (Wet Under Passenger Floor Mat) - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old January 5th, 2011, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
T2.
Regular
 
T2.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 78
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to T2.
Yet Another Problem, (Wet Under Passenger Floor Mat)

I've searched Countless threads, Different wording, ...You name it.. for this and still seem to find no solutions at all.


Basically on The passenger side UNDER the floor mat the ground is soaking wet, I hadn't noticed it till the other day while cleaning my car and noticed the ground was soaking wet.. because I normally don't look under the floor mats, Anyways There hasn't been much of any rain either..

If anyone knows a solution to this it'd be greatly appreciated.
T2. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old January 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Just Cheesin'
 
Mr. Red Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lawton, Oklahomo
Posts: 7,574
         
iTrader: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Red Pony Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Red Pony
Is it coolant? If so, you blew the heater core.


271rwhp N/A V6
R.I.P.


SC swap in the works. Slowly but surely.

The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.
Job security.
Mr. Red Pony is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old January 5th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Regular
 
adryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 260
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
The AC condensation tube that drips the water outside is screwed up...

2003 Mustang V6 Pony Edition | 1968 Mustang RS |1980 Datsun 280 ZX | 1977 Camaro with '85 Intercooler Engine | 1971 Cadillac 472 cu.in. (7.7L) Engine | 1973 Mustang 5.0 Ragtop
adryan is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old January 5th, 2011, 04:11 AM
V6 BIOTCH
 
mustangmike!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,945
     
iTrader: 2 reviews
what they said, its the AC/Heater
mustangmike! is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old January 5th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Moderator
 
03SonicBoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 10,109
                     
iTrader: 0 reviews
You need to determine if it's coolant or just water. It should be easy to determine, just smell it. If it's coolant, your heater core most likely needs to be replaced. If it's water, you most likely need to unclog your AC condensation tube.

03SonicBoom is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old January 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
T2.
Regular
 
T2.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 78
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to T2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Red Pony View Post
Is it coolant? If so, you blew the heater core.
I'm not sure what coolant would look like, Haha it's wet thats all I know..
Quote:
Originally Posted by adryan View Post
The AC condensation tube that drips the water outside is screwed up...
Is there anyway I can fix this myself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
You need to determine if it's coolant or just water. It should be easy to determine, just smell it. If it's coolant, your heater core most likely needs to be replaced. If it's water, you most likely need to unclog your AC condensation tube.

It doesn't smell like anything unusual I'm assuming it's water.. although my car's starting to smell a little musky (I'm guessing from this) is there any way I can Unclog this myself? and If so where is this tube Located?
T2. is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old January 6th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
rfcsoulja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,250
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
You need to determine if it's coolant or just water. It should be easy to determine, just smell it. If it's coolant, your heater core most likely needs to be replaced. If it's water, you most likely need to unclog your AC condensation tube.
This would be under the assumption that he actually has coolant in his system and not water (you'd be surprised at how many people came through the shop with pure water in their radiator instead of coolant). Coolant has a sweet smell to it op. And if your heater core is leaking, you may be running low on coolant (or water depending).
rfcsoulja is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old January 6th, 2011, 05:26 AM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida- in a van down by the beach
Posts: 708
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Op I have what appears to be the sa
Me problem. Peel your carpet back from the firewall and point a flashlight back there where the duct work mates to the firewall. When I did this I noticed a slight trickle of water running back onto the pass floorboard. The screw that pushes the ac duct against the firewall was stripped and would not tighten. Check that screw, don't over tighten. You are probAbly going to see that trickle of water.

MILITARY CREW
EX-US ARMY SSG
thoroughbred is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old January 6th, 2011, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
T2.
Regular
 
T2.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 78
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to T2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfcsoulja View Post
This would be under the assumption that he actually has coolant in his system and not water (you'd be surprised at how many people came through the shop with pure water in their radiator instead of coolant). Coolant has a sweet smell to it op. And if your heater core is leaking, you may be running low on coolant (or water depending).
Thanks, It has no unusual Smell.. I'm assuming it's water.. (Hoping it's not the core)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroughbred View Post
Op I have what appears to be the sa
Me problem. Peel your carpet back from the firewall and point a flashlight back there where the duct work mates to the firewall. When I did this I noticed a slight trickle of water running back onto the pass floorboard. The screw that pushes the ac duct against the firewall was stripped and would not tighten. Check that screw, don't over tighten. You are probAbly going to see that trickle of water.
Thanks for this I'm going to go do the following hopefully I have luck in finding a problem.
T2. is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old January 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
T2.
Regular
 
T2.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 78
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to T2.
under the Carpet from the Firewall,



Under the floor mat (how bad it is)

T2. is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old January 6th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida- in a van down by the beach
Posts: 708
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Yeah that weird foamy gasket. Mine is still drizzling from there. I'm really not sure how to fix it. My mechanic took a rod and checked in the drain Sid on the firewall but it's still coming in the car idk - but yeah we have the same thing, hopefully someone can offer a solution.

MILITARY CREW
EX-US ARMY SSG
thoroughbred is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old January 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
T2.
Regular
 
T2.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 78
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to T2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroughbred View Post
Yeah that weird foamy gasket. Mine is still drizzling from there. I'm really not sure how to fix it. My mechanic took a rod and checked in the drain Sid on the firewall but it's still coming in the car idk - but yeah we have the same thing, hopefully someone can offer a solution.
Hopefully.. I'm tired of this Puddle everyday in my car.. Lol
T2. is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old January 8th, 2011, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
T2.
Regular
 
T2.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 78
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to T2.
Any Ideas? anyone..?
T2. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/198507-yet-another-problem-wet-under-passenger-floor-mat.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread Yet Another Problem, (Wet Under Passenger Floor Mat) | Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback August 6th, 2012 01:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome