Yet Another Problem, (Wet Under Passenger Floor Mat)
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:49 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
T2.
Regular

2001 Cobra

T2. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to T2.

Yet Another Problem, (Wet Under Passenger Floor Mat)

I've searched Countless threads, Different wording, ...You name it.. for this and still seem to find no solutions at all.

Basically on The passenger side UNDER the floor mat the ground is soaking wet, I hadn't noticed it till the other day while cleaning my car and noticed the ground was soaking wet.. because I normally don't look under the floor mats, Anyways There hasn't been much of any rain either..

If anyone knows a solution to this it'd be greatly appreciated.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM   #2
Just Cheesin'

01 Built V6 (3.9)
13.88 @ 101.15 N/A

Mr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Red Pony Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Red Pony

Is it coolant? If so, you blew the heater core.

271rwhp N/A V6
R.I.P.

SC swap in the works. Slowly but surely.

The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.
Job security.
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #3
Regular

2003 Mustang V6 Pony Edit

adryan is on a distinguished road

The AC condensation tube that drips the water outside is screwed up...
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:11 AM   #4
V6 BIOTCH

Nawz for you to know ;)

mustangmike! is a jewel in the roughmustangmike! is a jewel in the roughmustangmike! is a jewel in the rough

what they said, its the AC/Heater
Old January 5th, 2011, 09:32 AM   #5

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

You need to determine if it's coolant or just water. It should be easy to determine, just smell it. If it's coolant, your heater core most likely needs to be replaced. If it's water, you most likely need to unclog your AC condensation tube.
Old January 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #6
T2.
Regular

2001 Cobra

Originally Posted by Mr. Red Pony View Post
Is it coolant? If so, you blew the heater core.
I'm not sure what coolant would look like, Haha it's wet thats all I know..
Originally Posted by adryan View Post
The AC condensation tube that drips the water outside is screwed up...
Is there anyway I can fix this myself?
Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
You need to determine if it's coolant or just water. It should be easy to determine, just smell it. If it's coolant, your heater core most likely needs to be replaced. If it's water, you most likely need to unclog your AC condensation tube.

It doesn't smell like anything unusual I'm assuming it's water.. although my car's starting to smell a little musky (I'm guessing from this) is there any way I can Unclog this myself? and If so where is this tube Located?
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

01 True Blue v6
to slow to matter

rfcsoulja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 03SonicBoom View Post
This would be under the assumption that he actually has coolant in his system and not water (you'd be surprised at how many people came through the shop with pure water in their radiator instead of coolant). Coolant has a sweet smell to it op. And if your heater core is leaking, you may be running low on coolant (or water depending).
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:26 AM   #8
Enthusiast

1998 mustang gt
?

thoroughbred is on a distinguished road

Op I have what appears to be the sa
Me problem. Peel your carpet back from the firewall and point a flashlight back there where the duct work mates to the firewall. When I did this I noticed a slight trickle of water running back onto the pass floorboard. The screw that pushes the ac duct against the firewall was stripped and would not tighten. Check that screw, don't over tighten. You are probAbly going to see that trickle of water.
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #9
T2.
Regular

2001 Cobra

Originally Posted by rfcsoulja View Post
This would be under the assumption that he actually has coolant in his system and not water (you'd be surprised at how many people came through the shop with pure water in their radiator instead of coolant). Coolant has a sweet smell to it op. And if your heater core is leaking, you may be running low on coolant (or water depending).
Thanks, It has no unusual Smell.. I'm assuming it's water.. (Hoping it's not the core)
Originally Posted by thoroughbred View Post
Op I have what appears to be the sa
Me problem. Peel your carpet back from the firewall and point a flashlight back there where the duct work mates to the firewall. When I did this I noticed a slight trickle of water running back onto the pass floorboard. The screw that pushes the ac duct against the firewall was stripped and would not tighten. Check that screw, don't over tighten. You are probAbly going to see that trickle of water.
Thanks for this I'm going to go do the following hopefully I have luck in finding a problem.
Old January 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM   #10
T2.
Regular

2001 Cobra

under the Carpet from the Firewall,

Under the floor mat (how bad it is)

Old January 6th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #11
Enthusiast

1998 mustang gt
?

thoroughbred is on a distinguished road

Yeah that weird foamy gasket. Mine is still drizzling from there. I'm really not sure how to fix it. My mechanic took a rod and checked in the drain Sid on the firewall but it's still coming in the car idk - but yeah we have the same thing, hopefully someone can offer a solution.
Old January 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #12
T2.
Regular

2001 Cobra

Originally Posted by thoroughbred View Post
Yeah that weird foamy gasket. Mine is still drizzling from there. I'm really not sure how to fix it. My mechanic took a rod and checked in the drain Sid on the firewall but it's still coming in the car idk - but yeah we have the same thing, hopefully someone can offer a solution.
Hopefully.. I'm tired of this Puddle everyday in my car.. Lol
Old January 8th, 2011, 02:17 AM   #13
T2.
Regular

2001 Cobra

Any Ideas? anyone..?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/198507-yet-another-problem-wet-under-passenger-floor-mat.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread Yet Another Problem, (Wet Under Passenger Floor Mat) | Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback August 6th, 2012 01:26 PM

Threads Similar to: Yet Another Problem, (Wet Under Passenger Floor Mat)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem w passenger window.. o2gtstang 99 - 04 6 June 18th, 2010 11:05 PM
Passenger window problem, help! XoXoXMiSSPRiSS V6 Mustangs 10 May 17th, 2010 11:39 PM
Passenger Window Problem mineralmustang05 2005 - 2010 10 July 8th, 2008 10:01 AM
Focus Leaking Water Into Passenger Floor OTreborO All Other Vehicles 4 November 9th, 2006 11:15 AM