Dual Exhaust and Cost?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2011, 04:07 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

2004 Mustang V-Slow?

3areeb is on a distinguished road

Dual Exhaust and Cost?

Ive been looking for a good way to go with getting a Dual exhaust system for my v6. I really don't want it for performance but more for the sound. I want it to be loud but not so loud that Ill get charged for disturbing the peace when I drive home at night. Yea that was lame. but to the point. I want to get an exhaust system with flowmasters on them. I need to be able to pass emissions because I live in California and its a bitch to do anything to your car here. So does anyone know what I should use like X pipes straight pipes and ect. And what the price would be for each option. Sorry I suck when it comes to exhaust systems.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 14th, 2011, 04:39 AM   #2
I'm doing it wrong

89 5.0 fox

Rich J is just really niceRich J is just really niceRich J is just really niceRich J is just really niceRich J is just really nice

You know when you click on "V6 Mustangs"? See the thing called "Sticky:" right at the top before the member posted topics start? See one that says "Official exhaust thread with clips"?..... Go there.

Coming Soon: On3 Turbo and paint lol.
Old January 14th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #3

2004 Mustang V-Slow?

Originally Posted by demon_54 View Post
You know when you click on "V6 Mustangs"? See the thing called "Sticky:" right at the top before the member posted topics start? See one that says "Official exhaust thread with clips"?..... Go there.
Yea I have been there. Im asking what is the price range I am looking at if Im trying to get dual exhaust. But im not sure what to get.
Old January 14th, 2011, 06:22 AM   #4
Enthusiast

01 true blue GT
14.53@94

mk1993 will become famous soon enough

get divorced duals with flow 40's, many members, including myself, are running that and that keeps your cats so you will pass emissions. Price will vary from state to state and shop to shop, here in indiana it runs from $200-$600. Good luck

00' V6-basics, mostly visual, missed! SOLD
01' GT True blue, visuals,basic bolt onssadly sold
03' ford explorer xls-stock sold
2000 bmw 323i-lowered, sold
05 cobalt lt, 5sp sold
05 equinox ls current, stock daddy mobile
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Regular

2002 Mustang V6 Auto
15.2@90.79

sterlingboy is an unknown quantity at this point

get a true dual exhaust from american muscle and go magnaflow no questions asked!
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #6
1 Wheel Peel

2000 Mustang 393w
2001 Mustang GT Vert

GreenMustang00 is a jewel in the roughGreenMustang00 is a jewel in the roughGreenMustang00 is a jewel in the roughGreenMustang00 is a jewel in the rough

Magnaflow sounds like rice on our cars

You will get 100 different opinions on here so ill just say the most popular/ best sounding

Dual Flow 40s with custom H pipe
Dual Flow 40s divorced
Dual Flow 40s divorced dumped
Dual Flow 40s with custom H piped dumped
Dual Thrush with custom H pipe
Dual Thrush divorced
Dual Thrush divorced dumped
Dual Thrush with custom H piped dumped

You can also get longtube headers

Pacesetter $200
Mac $330

Now for what you wanted, price on exhaust.. It depends on your area so noone can give you an exact answer on this question.. You will have to call an exhaust shop. I would go with a private exhaust shop over Meineke or Pep Boys.. Also have them custom Fab the H pipe.

I paid 375 for my dual Flow 40s with a custom H pipe and stainless tips... You will save a good 70-80 bucks using thrush mufflers which will still give you a nice sound

1989 Notch 393w Drag Car
2000 Vert
2001 GT Vert
2002 Six Banger
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:20 PM   #7

2004 Mustang V-Slow?

Originally Posted by mustangkid1993 View Post
get divorced duals with flow 40's, many members, including myself, are running that and that keeps your cats so you will pass emissions. Price will vary from state to state and shop to shop, here in indiana it runs from $200-$600. Good luck
Originally Posted by GreenMustang00 View Post
Magnaflow sounds like rice on our cars

You will get 100 different opinions on here so ill just say the most popular/ best sounding

Dual Flow 40s with custom H pipe
Dual Flow 40s divorced
Dual Flow 40s divorced dumped
Dual Flow 40s with custom H piped dumped
Dual Thrush with custom H pipe
Dual Thrush divorced
Dual Thrush divorced dumped
Dual Thrush with custom H piped dumped

You can also get longtube headers

Pacesetter $200
Mac $330

Now for what you wanted, price on exhaust.. It depends on your area so noone can give you an exact answer on this question.. You will have to call an exhaust shop. I would go with a private exhaust shop over Meineke or Pep Boys.. Also have them custom Fab the H pipe.

I paid 375 for my dual Flow 40s with a custom H pipe and stainless tips... You will save a good 70-80 bucks using thrush mufflers which will still give you a nice sound
Thanks both of you very much. Im going to call and exhaust shop today to get a quote on the price. Hopefully Dual Exhaust soon!
Old January 14th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #8
Banned

6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute

good luck have fun...and don't let the exhaust shop rape you on price
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #9
Regular

2002 Mustang V6 Auto
15.2@90.79

sterlingboy is an unknown quantity at this point

magnaflow dosent sound like a ricer? flowmaster sounds like a rattle every time you rev it...i have headers with two custom H-pipes and magnaflow mufflers and everybody tells me my car sounds amazingly deep for a v6
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #10
MOAR BOOST

2001 V6
12.81@109

SlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to beholdSlowSix is a splendid one to behold

two custom h pipes? Thats impressive lol.

Turbo Build Thread
WTB - Corbeau Harness Bar
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #11
Enthusiast

The best 2003 Mustang
She's fast.

ONLYaUNCfan is loose again, somebody get the straightjacketONLYaUNCfan is loose again, somebody get the straightjacketONLYaUNCfan is loose again, somebody get the straightjacket

I'm saving up for divorced duals with flow 40s

And then headers. But all this comes after my alpine head unit and single din so I can listen to my own music.

And you should be looking at most shops charging around $75 an hour for installation(not including custom fabs), and it depends on the person and whether they like you or not on the total hours. Some guys like to take their time and get the most money out of you.
Old January 15th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #12
Hardcore Enthusiast

2000 mustang v6
14.6@99.68

6ixer is on a distinguished road

Hahaha TWO h pipes
Again

TWO h pipes tell us enstien how and why
Old January 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #13
Banned

6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sterlingboy View Post
magnaflow dosent sound like a ricer? flowmaster sounds like a rattle every time you rev it...i have headers with two custom H-pipes and magnaflow mufflers and everybody tells me my car sounds amazingly deep for a v6
i think your a little confused on how a duel exhaust works...but ill give you the benefit of the doubt...please explain your setup again
Old January 15th, 2011, 09:32 PM   #14
MM Fanatic

Better than ONLYaUNCfan's
2012@lightspeed

BlueScreaM has a spectacular aura aboutBlueScreaM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sterlingboy View Post
Magnaflows on a catless 97 Z28 sounded extremely quiet, why would a v6 with TWO CUSTOM H pipes sound any better?

In the end they suck....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/199771-dual-exhaust-cost.html
Posted By For Type Date
Cost For Dual Exhaust Answers and News This thread Refback July 28th, 2012 07:29 PM

Threads Similar to: Dual Exhaust and Cost?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exhaust cost and install Kadorja 2005 - 2010 20 February 4th, 2010 12:26 AM
Cost of True Dual Exhaust stinglikeastang V6 Mustangs 25 July 3rd, 2008 11:12 AM
Dual exhaust better then side exit exhaust? boblongtv V6 Mustangs 24 January 11th, 2008 08:56 AM
cost of exhaust installation est? Stang187 V6 Mustangs 14 July 31st, 2007 07:20 PM
tru dual exhaust - cost? MicronXD General Tech 1 July 30th, 2007 03:18 AM