code P0401
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:49 AM   #1

kells14u2 is on a distinguished road
Red face

code P0401

I have a 2001 mustang v6 tested and a code P0401 came up, but in the repair manual there is a OBD-1 TROUBLE CODES AND A OBD-2 trouble code page the code P0401 is listed under the OBD-2 is a 3.8L a V6? can the EGR solenoid cause this code also? I hope I'm making sense.
Was told that the EGR its self was fine. All info is appreciated.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #2
I'm, Ron Burgundy?

2006 Silverado 5.3

Gerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to allGerbig is a name known to all

I have the same code in my 07. My EGR is shot and I never replaced it. It's been about a year and it still runs . Everytime I remove the code it pops back up in 5 minutes
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Regular

2001 mustang v6

StubzStang is on a distinguished road

I just got over this code. It is definatly the egr system. 'Insuffecient egr flow' i belive.
You could clean your egr system or replace the parts.
I had to replace the valve and soleniod because I was due for smog and had no time. After that I cleared the code and it hasn't come back.
but if your emissions aren't strict (i live in cali) you can drive around with the light on.
Old January 26th, 2011, 04:52 PM   #4
I'm doing it wrong

89 5.0 fox

Rich J is just really niceRich J is just really niceRich J is just really niceRich J is just really niceRich J is just really nice

I had same code about 3-4 months ago. I replaced my DPFE sensor and the code never came back.

Coming Soon: On3 Turbo and paint lol.
Old January 27th, 2011, 09:17 AM   #5

kells14u2 is on a distinguished road
Red face

Thank You for your in put. I live in Oregon when I went to DEQ (emissions test) the result was OBD sensor status came up as Unready. they told me I had to run the car through a Drive Cycle. The service engine light was not on before. after DEQ is when it came on. My mech said the EGR was fine, how ever we are going to replace the exhaust gaskets also.
when driving a ticking sound can be heard only when the gas pedal is used. exhaust leak? The Car came from Cali also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: code P0401
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Fix Airbag Code and EGR Code ModMustang97GT 96 - 98 2 April 10th, 2011 10:17 PM
DTC Code P0401 StubzStang V6 Mustangs 1 September 11th, 2010 04:15 PM
SES light-code P1401 code-& DPFE sensor ?'s PacificMustang01 V6 Mustangs 6 May 18th, 2010 02:39 PM
Threw a P0401 00SoSlow V6 Mustangs 7 June 30th, 2006 12:10 AM