Ford Ranger Rear End?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:08 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Atleast it looks nice

2001 V6
14.9@93

SlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of light

Ford Ranger Rear End?

So today one of my friends told me that some of the ford rangers have a rear end with 4.10s in them.

Is this true? Any idea if I took the rear end what the width is/ if it would work on my car? Could I just take the center diff out without using the whole rear end?

Turbo Build Thread
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 13th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Banned

2000 Golf VRSex

iammclovin804 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ford Ranger Rear Axles - The Ranger Station

It says they can be found with either a 7.5" or an 8.8" from 1990 on up. You'd have to look at the diff cover to know for sure.
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Banned

2000 Golf VRSex

iammclovin804 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ford Ranger Rear Axles - The Ranger Station

It says they can be found with either a 7.5" or an 8.8" from 1990 on up. You'd have to look at the diff cover to know for sure.
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #4
Atleast it looks nice

2001 V6
14.9@93

SlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of lightSlowSix is a glorious beacon of light

Hmm. Any one have any idea if it would fit on a stang? I read that the diff is offset to one side on the rangers?

Turbo Build Thread
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #5
!FACEPLATED!

2002 Mustang GT
7.84 @ 86.01

F8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to F8L GT

the only thing you could use is the differential its self depending on if its a matching size. (7.5 of 8.8) The actual housing will not for your car. Totally different than a car housing

MM Bracket Racing Crew Co-Founder

Old February 13th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #6
Atleast it looks nice

2001 V6
14.9@93

Damnit. I was hoping I could pull a 8.8 from a ranger for cheap.

I want an 8.8 but don't want to pay out the ass like everyone seems to want for them around here.

Turbo Build Thread
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:22 PM   #7
The Big Spoon

88 5.0 5 Speed Notch <><
never fast enough

jessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 01SilverSixer View Post
So today one of my friends told me that some of the ford rangers have a rear end with 4.10s in them.

Is this true? Any idea if I took the rear end what the width is/ if it would work on my car? Could I just take the center diff out without using the whole rear end?
to answer your question, yes, you can take the center section out and the pinion gear and install it in your rear if you already have an 8.8.

Some of the rears are 31 splined axle shafts so you may need to take the drivers rear shaft as well. (I am pretty sure that the passenger side is too long for a stang and you will have to look for another driver's side shaft.)

I am doing some research as well. I am getting a ranger rear complete with discs and installing what I can from it into my stang. (I am going to have to make up some brackets for the brakes cables at the very least)

Try googling 8.8 swap. There is a ton of info out there for swapping explorer / ranger rears into jeeps. You can most likely get all of your info there as far as ratio / codes / spline count. Make sure you get one with an LS marking on it (limited slip) otherwise it will be a waste.

Originally Posted by 302Army187 View Post
old 5.0's are like a box of chocolates.......... never know what your gonna get
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #8
Atleast it looks nice

2001 V6
14.9@93

Hm. Seems like it might be easier to just try to find a 8.8 out of a 99-04.

Turbo Build Thread
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #9
The Big Spoon

88 5.0 5 Speed Notch <><
never fast enough

jessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to alljessemachone is a name known to all

It would be but they are hard to find and when you do find one, they will be asking too a pretty penny for it.

Do you have an 8.8 already?

Originally Posted by 302Army187 View Post
old 5.0's are like a box of chocolates.......... never know what your gonna get
Old February 14th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #10
Atleast it looks nice

2001 V6
14.9@93

Originally Posted by jessemachone View Post
It would be but they are hard to find and when you do find one, they will be asking too a pretty penny for it.Do you have an 8.8 already?
Thats the problem.
And no, v6's have a 7.5

Turbo Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/204071-ford-ranger-rear-end.html
Posted By For Type Date
Ford Ranger Rear End - Carmagnify This thread Refback June 16th, 2012 12:32 PM

Threads Similar to: Ford Ranger Rear End?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4.6 swap to Ford ranger? 97S281 Modular Mustangs 5 December 9th, 2010 06:52 PM
Ford Ranger owners, i need you.... Contour'd The Clubhouse 25 December 29th, 2009 12:39 AM
1991 Ford Ranger 06GTMustang89 All Other Vehicles 0 June 11th, 2009 09:45 PM
Ford Ranger problem CobraR All Other Vehicles 5 January 28th, 2008 11:22 AM
Ford Ranger Averlus All Other Vehicles 2 December 28th, 2007 11:41 PM