Ignition Cylinder Stuck in Lock Position - 01 Mustang
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #1

BCohee is on a distinguished road

Ignition Cylinder Stuck in Lock Position - 01 Mustang

Hello everyone, my name is Bren,
I drive a 2001 Ford Mustang V6...I went to get in my car to go to work this morning and the car would not turn over. The ignition lock is engaged and will not disengage. The car is backed up onto a driveway with an incline of about 10%.
I've tried spraying WD40 into the ignition key hole itself, tried many times pushing, pulling, prodding the steering wheel while trying to unlock the ignition.
Messed with the gear shifter...I've done about every combination you can with the ignition, gear shifter brake and steering wheel with no success. Please help, I'm about to go through the process of ripping my steering column apart....who knows what problems wait for me there. Id rather not do that. Thank you in advance!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 24th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 impreza wrx
slow@slow

2000stallion has a spectacular aura about2000stallion has a spectacular aura about

Im dont know much about ignition, but:
Starter?
New ignition time maybe... Welcome by the way!

Want to supercharge YOUR V6?? Then click this
Old February 24th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #3
Just Cheesin'

01 Built V6 (3.9)
13.88 @ 101.15 N/A

Mr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really niceMr. Red Pony is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Red Pony Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Red Pony

Everyone always says starter..

There should be an unlock button inside the lower portion or the column itself.

What most likely happened though is you lock cylinder broke. I just remembered that the hole unlocking button that I remember is on my GFs G5.

Lock cylinder is bad.

271rwhp N/A V6
R.I.P.

SC swap in the works. Slowly but surely.

The Name is Danny. I'm a GM Technician.
Job security.
Old February 25th, 2011, 11:47 AM   #4

BCohee is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your responses, I do believe the lock cylinder is bad...I had to stay home from work today to work on this. I can follow the procedure in the book on how to remove and replace the lock cylinder...I'm about to start down this journey this morning. I'll post my results once I either get it running, or I get so frustrated because it won't work...probably the latter...be back soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Ignition Cylinder Stuck in Lock Position - 01 Mustang
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ignition cylinder help 02edge V6 Mustangs 2 February 13th, 2011 10:48 PM
Key stuck in ignition craigdavey V6 Mustangs 11 September 24th, 2010 10:08 AM
1998 ignition lock cylinder BBMUSTANG V6 Mustangs 0 July 25th, 2010 01:51 PM
help!! key stuck in ignition 1999.35mustang V6 Mustangs 21 October 23rd, 2008 11:29 AM
Ignition Key Lock cali 5.0 5.0 Mustangs 8 September 5th, 2006 01:31 PM