Type of coolant for a 99 mustang
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 27th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #1

Mces97@gmail.com is on a distinguished road

Type of coolant for a 99 mustang

Does anyone know the type of coolant to use to recharge the ac system for a 99 mustang. My friend brought some stuff from autozone that worked really good with his car and would like to buy something similar if I can. Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 27th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #2
I'm Learning Drugs ΔΧ

2000 3.8 Mustang

carney is a splendid one to beholdcarney is a splendid one to beholdcarney is a splendid one to beholdcarney is a splendid one to beholdcarney is a splendid one to beholdcarney is a splendid one to beholdcarney is a splendid one to beholdcarney is a splendid one to behold

You would be looking for freon. You can usually buy an AC recharge kit from the autostore anyways,
No, but mine has a giant rubber cock on it
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #3

oh the 99 mustangs still use freon, not r134a?
Old February 27th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #4
!FACEPLATED!

2002 Mustang GT
7.84 @ 86.01

F8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to F8L GT

you need r134.

MM Bracket Racing Crew Co-Founder

Old February 27th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #5

Thanks. I am not sure if I will buy the stuff from autozone now or wait till I get back from vacation. Of course I drive from nyc to orlando florida and my ac doesnt work. Of course I did not know since its winter and cold in ny. If I did put the r134 in, and use just like one can it won't damage the system if there is another problem, like a leak somewhere or a bad compressor? I think the compressor is fine because when I am parked and turn the ac on, I can feel the compressor come on.
Old February 27th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

cale2006 has a spectacular aura aboutcale2006 has a spectacular aura aboutcale2006 has a spectacular aura about

nope...if you got a leak it will just leak out and you will need to put more in, then you will know you have a leak.

win win situation

god I hate that word now "situation" stupid show

Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Why not? I think getting stroked and blown is the way to go. Those are my plans.
MM Military Crew
SSgt USAF

gamer tag carjax06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Type of coolant for a 99 mustang
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Type of oil and Oil Filter does my Mustang use? horizontalkev V6 Mustangs 29 November 14th, 2012 06:26 PM
mustang type R 91sleeper The Clubhouse 10 April 26th, 2010 04:10 PM
New type of mustang?! Dolbs4082 The Clubhouse 7 November 6th, 2009 11:31 AM