How long till battery drain while lisitng to radio car off? Jump car battery dead
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:37 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Regular

StoneColdStang can only hope to improve

How long till battery drain while lisitng to radio car off? Jump car battery dead

So while working on my interior I was listening to my car radio (car off) and I had my iphone charging up plug in.

After about 1 - 1 1/2 hours my battery died.

Is this normal? How long does it usually takes for battery to die while listing to the radio with the car off?

Also whats crazy is I jump start it this morning and let my car run maybe for like 3-5 min or so. I turned it off and restarted the car and it started fine. Did this 2 times. Now 3 hours later I go back out to my car and it wont start (clicking) battery is dead again.

So did I need to let it run a little longer to fully charge the battery, maybe drive it around the block or so?

Also wouldnt the car not restart if the battery was charged after jumping it
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

'99 GT 35th Anniversary
14.0 @ 105.5

Silver35th has a spectacular aura aboutSilver35th has a spectacular aura aboutSilver35th has a spectacular aura about

Well, if you have the stock stereo I don't know how long it can run, but when aftermarket amplifiers are in the mix, the time goes down significantly. I can't run my stereo on accessory for more than 30 minutes or so or I have a dead battery.
35th Anniversary LE #1708 of 4628

SMR #2043
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:09 PM   #3
Regular

Originally Posted by baleger92 View Post
Well, if you have the stock stereo I don't know how long it can run, but when aftermarket amplifiers are in the mix, the time goes down significantly. I can't run my stereo on accessory for more than 30 minutes or so or I have a dead battery.
Do you have a stock stereo no amplifier??

Just checked. I have a duralast gold battery and it has a 8 year warranty. I know its about 7 years old so i will probably go and exchange it
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:12 PM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

'99 GT 35th Anniversary
14.0 @ 105.5

Silver35th has a spectacular aura aboutSilver35th has a spectacular aura aboutSilver35th has a spectacular aura about

I have a 50x4 watt RMS four channel and a 800 watt RMS mono for subs. A lot of power needed in my system. After a battery dies, either put it on trickle charge overnight or take it for a good spin around town to charge it back up.
35th Anniversary LE #1708 of 4628

SMR #2043
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:16 PM   #5
I love to skydive

2005 Mustang GT, 1967 GT

Durr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant futureDurr4456 has a brilliant future

Only thing aftermarket on my mustang is the headunit. I had it play for like 3 hours, uninterrupted, and it cranked right up. No problems
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Regular

1999 V6 Mustang

SALEEN961 will become famous soon enough

I drove my Mustang around for a day with the alternator unhooked and then a day later ran a compression test and even after all that cranking it still turned over nice and fast like it was fully charged, BTW I have a Diehard battery from Sears.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:57 PM   #7
Regular

Originally Posted by SALEEN961 View Post
I drove my Mustang around for a day with the alternator unhooked and then a day later ran a compression test and even after all that cranking it still turned over nice and fast like it was fully charged, BTW I have a Diehard battery from Sears.
Possible, because the car does not use the battery after it starts
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:03 PM   #8
Regular

1999 V6 Mustang

SALEEN961 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by StoneColdStang View Post
Possible, because the car does not use the battery after it starts
It does when the alternator isn't hooked up, something has to run the fuel pump and the rest of my electric goodies. I'm just saying that I was able to drive around for a few hours and crank my car 8 times without draining the battery even though I had no alternator. The voltage regulator went out on mine and I wasn't going to leave it hooked up so it could create voltage spikes and take out my ECU.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:40 PM   #9
iPoopke Regular

2004 Mustang

iPAPKE will become famous soon enoughiPAPKE will become famous soon enough

Probably need a new battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/v6-mustangs/243380-how-long-till-battery-drain-while-lisitng-radio-car-off-jump-car-battery-dead.html
Posted By For Type Date
AnswerParty | If i run the radio for 45 min with out the car turned on will it drain thw battery on a 2005 ford? This thread Refback December 2nd, 2013 01:43 PM

Threads Similar to: How long till battery drain while lisitng to radio car off? Jump car battery dead
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Key Off Battery Drain ajzride Classic Mustangs 14 October 17th, 2011 09:59 PM
Battery drain velasco98 5.0 Mustangs 13 January 28th, 2011 12:03 AM
Battery Drain sukibusa 99 - 04 6 August 24th, 2009 11:48 PM
Battery drain 93Notch Audio/Video 3 February 16th, 2007 01:16 AM
Battery Drain 5.0mustang9509 5.0 Mustangs 1 November 7th, 2006 07:15 PM