T5 problem
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:13 PM   #1
Enthusiast

2001 Mustang Bullitt

ltwargssf is on a distinguished road

T5 problem

Im not sure if its a problem but Ive had my car for 2 years now. When Im going from a stop , sometimes it wont go into first , I have to release the clutch and when its half way it goes it every time. The thing is , it started doing it in 2nd now. Only from stop and when I release the clutch , about half way it goes in gear.

Is this major ? Ive been driving with that 1st gear problem for a long time but since it started doing it in 2nd , it got me worried. Someone told me I need to adjust my clutch or something .

Not too sure but I changed my clutch 1year ago and I cant remember if it was doing it before the new clutch , if that has to do with anything.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2013, 10:19 AM   #2
Regular

2002 Mustang 3.8L

The_Red_Stig is on a distinguished road

Our clutches on our cars are automatically adjusted very quickly and easily. Start with the car parked, in 1st gear, and the e-brake set. Turn the ignition to on but don't start the car. Lift up on the clutch pedal with your toe until it can't go any further. Now very slowly press the clutch pedal all the way to the floor until you hear a very faint clicking sound. Now your clutch is adjusted. I just do mine every few thousand miles or whenever I feel it needs it. My car also does the thing where I need to release the clutch half-way sometimes to get the car into reverse. It only happens in reverse though. I'm not worried about it, it could be clutch related or shifter related. I have 97K on my clutch so it could very well be that.
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:55 AM   #3
M112'd Sixxer

1999 Mustang V6

Fink will become famous soon enoughFink will become famous soon enough

Do as the red stig suggested.

I kinda have this same problem in my winter DD, i just double clutch and it always pops in.

Garage:
1999 Mustang V6 M112 4R70W (Elise) Sponsored by Ortiz Performance
2013 Fiat 500 Turbo C510 (Rosso Rocket)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.