891 views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  xLeGeNDx 
#1 ·
#1: 155 PSI
#2: 120 PSI
#3: 130 PSI
#4: 145 PSI
#5: 120 PSI
#6: 125 PSI

Given that my cooling system is getting over pressurized once again and the numbers are all over the charts, I ran the compression test with spark plugs in the 1st time then again with them all removed and the numbers still come back the same.

I'm noticing dirt like deposits (not rust) in the radiator, I keep getting this sudsy looking bubbles in my radiator as well. The insulators on the spark plugs for cylinders #1 - #3 have red spots on them where #4 - #6 look fine. Performance has been complete crap here of late, and the engine feels like its about to rattle itself to death. Also noticed here lately that Im losing coolant with no leaks once again.

Sounds like head gasket(s) to me. what do you guys think?

#3 ·
well, both the upper and lower radiator hoses were replaced when I did the thermostat and after some running they actually get swollen up and extremely hard to squeeze, and the car did also rupture that one line that runs right behind the coil packs as well. Is there an actual test for testing gasses in the cooling system or does the compression test I did with the other things mention suffice? I dont really wanna drop 300 bucks on HGs if I dont need to.

#12 ·
Is there an actual test for testing gasses in the cooling system or does the compression test I did with the other things mention suffice?
Your local auto parts store should carry a coolant exhaust gas test kit. I'd suggest picking one up.

#5 ·
I'll Give it a go on monday and see what happens, I havent tried doing it like that, would a blockage in the heater core cause the kind of back pressure im seeing? Thanks in advance!

#10 ·
I don't think so, that usually occurs when the heater core develops a leak.

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Try running the heater and see if you get heat, if it seems a little cool or just plain ambient air temp, then most likely your core is clogged up.

#13 ·
So far I drained everything out and ran the water hose through the heater core and its crystal clear with no blockage, popped out the thermostat ran the hose through there and no blockage (tested the thermostat in a pot of boiling water too) and water came out crystal clear. did the same with the radiator as well and its crystal clear.

@Tang I guess I'll have to give that a go on payday pending on once I get the car back together and drive it for a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.