Modded Mustang Forums banner

ESG-642T's super... err...Turbo thread

27K views 546 replies 60 participants last post by  The Cheeks McDuke 
#1 · (Edited)
So if chris made a turbo thread I figure why not make a s/c thread!
- pictures will come tomorrow -
- no bs in this thread either -

Anyway I'll be doing the whole vortech v1-s trim and probably an 8psi pulley to start with. 310lph pump, 39# injectors, xcal LW.

1st step completed: Oil Change - Royal Purple Synthetic with K&N Filter.

Next step: Fuel Pump

#6 ·
itschristorres8 said:
nice. any pics on the car thouhg? weren't you doing body work?
no plans on upgrading the s.c later?
Lol, body work will be a whole new thread. Its gonna take about a week in the booth to get the paint sprayed. But thats gonna come later much later :D

As for upgrading: The v1-T or YSI trim will be in the future after the motor is build solid.

And I'm not getting any boost or a/f guages, the xcal LiveWire will handle all of that.

#12 ·
ByPopularDemand said:
Man...everyone is getting there stuff built. I feel like the slow car of the group. I should move back in with my mom so I can blow checks on modding
If I did that, my car would be a 600hp beast buy now lol, damn 400$ apartment rent.

#15 ·
dapack69 said:
I like the idea of you upgrading to a T-trim down the road, but I don't think that the YSI will mount to the same bracket, but I can be wrong.
Read the underlined statement. Vortech has confirmed that it indeed will, however belt slip would probably be an issue in that situation.

#18 ·
T-trims are fun...

Have fun with the build...Superchargers can be a pain in the arse at times though...

The S-Trim is good for low boost...But up top it is weaksauce...T-Trim is weaksauce at low boost but screams up top...

The T-Trim will hold you until 800rwhp...

#19 ·
SSStang said:
ByPopularDemand said:
Man...everyone is getting there stuff built. I feel like the slow car of the group. I should move back in with my mom so I can blow checks on modding
If I did that, my car would be a 600hp beast buy now lol, damn 400$ apartment rent.

$400 a month... damn where do u live.. i wish it was like that in jersey.. average apt. is like $1500 a month and over here in bahrain i'm payin $1800 a month for a really nice place!! ANYWAYS... good luck w/ the s/c and post vids asap

#20 ·
PICS!!!!!!

Alrighty then:

5quarts of Royal Purple with K&N

Vortech

So I never honesty realized how big these things were. Next to an optima red top.

Intake assembly

Just a pic

#25 ·
Goodtimes...

Have fun with it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.