Windshield Replacement
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 8th, 2006, 01:59 PM   #1

2002 Ford Mustang V6

Jadugar is on a distinguished road

Windshield Replacement

Hi all,

I got to replace my windshield as it has a big crack now... Started out as a small dent due to a stone from the construction zone that hit my windshield about 2 weeks ago. Saw the dent turn into a small crack day before yesterday and then yesterday saw the small crack turn into a 10-12 inch huge crack
Needless to say, I'll most probably be needing a new windshield which I'll have to pay for myself as my comprehensive deductible is $500.

My question is, where do I get a new windshield from and how much is this gonna cost me?

Is the windshield something I could possibly get at a junkyard and if so, how do I remove the windshield from the car at the junkyard?

Thanks in advance.

Jadugar
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 8th, 2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Regular

1968 302 Coupe

WeCircleTheProblem is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to WeCircleTheProblem

you could get a windshield in a junkyard but from my experenses most cars come in with the windshield broke or while in the yard some moron breaks them...but as with my car and my friends car if something breaks we first turn to a junkyard but i would say first look for some new windshield see how much they'll cost that will give you a price range

now im not sure how you remove a windshield but id imagine its not to easy

also keep in mind glass cracks and dent can be repaired which is probly alot cheaper than replacing the window
Old August 8th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #3
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

1999 Ford Mustang V6
14.79 @ 92.15

AtlanticBlue99 is a glorious beacon of lightAtlanticBlue99 is a glorious beacon of lightAtlanticBlue99 is a glorious beacon of lightAtlanticBlue99 is a glorious beacon of lightAtlanticBlue99 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to AtlanticBlue99

Some insurance companies cover windhsield cracks/shatters as a free service- I know my State Farm plan does. You will need to have a glass shop or place with training to remove the old one, cut a smooth surface into the paint under weather strip and into glass and apply adhesive, etc. You may be able to do this yourself, but for a quality fit that won't fog every time it rains, leave it to the pros
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic8_7.gif
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #4
Regular

Sa-WaitNoMustang900Turbo is on a distinguished road

id say contact insurance and the local windshield guys, but if it will cost you a lot of money(no insurance in combo with expensive windshield) doing it yourself wont save you a lot of money unless you are able to find a used good one. It is very easy to replace windshields on most cars, but the windshields on different cars are held in differently, all my cars cutting the strip is unnecessary

but id say just leave it to the pros if you want it done right
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:09 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

Twist 2 Go is on a distinguished road

look in the yellow pages under "auto glass". Here in Va, it's about $300 for the glass and the labor to replace it.

www.rickscarcare.net
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #6
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to ChrisJ Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisJ

Originally Posted by Twist 2 Go
look in the yellow pages under "auto glass". Here in Va, it's about $300 for the glass and the labor to replace it.
The cheapest I have found has been $375 for the glass and like $100 to install...That is the one with the pony on the top of the windshield...Without the pony it was like $200 installed...
Old August 9th, 2006, 02:44 AM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

00SoSlow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 00SoSlow

personally get the one with out and draw ur own pony in sharpy

1987 LX Hatch | Soon to be a 600hp monster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Windshield Replacement
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
windshield wipers gooberhead320 V6 Mustangs 25 July 28th, 2007 12:24 AM
pulling a windshield 96gtponyred 96 - 98 1 July 25th, 2007 05:28 PM
Where can I get a windshield stanglifemike 96 - 98 4 July 12th, 2007 12:44 PM
Windshield tint? budman 2005 - 2010 11 April 29th, 2007 07:00 PM
windshield wipers captain_communism 99 - 04 1 April 3rd, 2007 12:22 AM