Modded Mustang Forums banner

fuel injector Tapping to loud

11K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Juggalo_X 
#1 ·
I have had this really weird tapping sound coming form the engine, so i got my mechanic to look at it and he took a screwdriver and did the whole, putting it to his ear thing, turns out that the sound is coming form one of the fuel injectors, i know that the injectors tap a little when their working but this is alot louder, do they tap louder when theyre starting to fail or if something is wrong? is it possible that o ring is ****ed up? if its the o ring i think gas would be shooting out or something.....idk, any takes?

#3 ·
dgt_mustang said:
I have had this really weird tapping sound coming form the engine, so i got my mechanic to look at it and he took a screwdriver and did the whole, putting it to his ear thing, turns out that the sound is coming form one of the fuel injectors, i know that the injectors tap a little when their working but this is alot louder, do they tap louder when theyre starting to fail or if something is wrong? is it possible that o ring is ****ed up? if its the o ring i think gas would be shooting out or something.....idk, any takes?
Stop going to shade tree mechanics!

#4 ·
SSStang said:
dgt_mustang said:
I see you are on mustangforums.com now.. TRATERRRRRRR lol j/k I get on that site also.

#5 ·
xSxTxAxNxGx said:
you sure its the injector?...i have a taping sound and its from a tinny hole in my manifold...its like a ticking sound and a lot of ppl on here have the same problem as me
i have that tapping to, but its down by the flange, not in the manifold, at least for me,

#7 ·
wow first off that guys retarded. umm first a feul injector wont make a tapping noise. it has nothing to tap on. if they were dirty or ****ed you would hear a sputtering noise and the engine would be running really lean. a nocking noise would be more like the lifter slid out of its spot and is coming in contact with the piston. or one of the lobes on the cam could be worn down and your hearing it hit the lifters. both i hope it isnt but thats like worst case scenario. also check your belt. make sure that isnt it. because some times that will make a taping noise if it is worn real bad.

#10 ·
MustanG_guy17 said:
SSStang said:
dgt_mustang said:
I see you are on mustangforums.com now.. TRATERRRRRRR lol j/k I get on that site also.
dont tell them your from MM they will ban you :wink

#11 ·
Onemanzu said:
sounds like a sticky lifter to me ... get a can of seafoam and put about half in your oil and the other half in you vacuum system going into the engine
I would agree. If it's only for a short time after the engine is started it's most likely a lifter that is bleeding down and not filling quickly probably because of contamination in the check valve. If so some sort of solvent such as sea foam, ATF, or various other products mixed into the oil should clean it out.

#12 ·
stephen said:
Onemanzu said:
sounds like a sticky lifter to me ... get a can of seafoam and put about half in your oil and the other half in you vacuum system going into the engine
I would agree. If it's only for a short time after the engine is started it's most likely a lifter that is bleeding down and not filling quickly probably because of contamination in the check valve. If so some sort of solvent such as sea foam, ATF, or various other products mixed into the oil should clean it out.
+1 ATF works very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.