Modded Mustang Forums banner

Brandons 4.2L V6 Motor Build

49K views 535 replies 50 participants last post by  itschristorres8 
#1 · (Edited)
oBdnanrwith his 9psi procharger will be having his motor built by me:cool:
Today the motor he bought off ebay 2001 3.8L V6 arived at my house and i took pictures
tomorrow i will be tearing this bad boy down and have plenty of interesting pics. Then have it bored over .20:cool: and dipped.

Congradulations Brandon
here are the pictures of the 01 motor(strongest 3.8 block)

See less See more
#10 ·
Be sure to post pics as you clean that ugly thing up and turn it into a beast =]

#13 ·
only thing thats being used off that thing is the block. Didnt feel like not having a car for like 3-5 months so i bought it off ebay. Chris's guestimate is 5800ish for the engine build. the gforce t5 is 2200 for 500ft lb tq. and i paid 1800 for a brand new 8.8 31 spline axle kit and a aluminum drive shaft. So everything is going to be practicaly brand new. Axlekit should ship monday yaay.

#15 ·
here are the pictures of the 01 motor(strongest 3.8 block)
is the 01 block realy the strongest.
Not bashing you, just never heard that before.

but any ways looks like a cool project

#17 ·
well yeah, i just dont feel like listing all the small things that will be added. tires and the rear end are going to help alot considering i just ran a 18.692 @ 91.35 and a 16.502 at 89.17 lol. Wheel spin all of 1st gear like no matter what and a bit in second gear. it was bad... i kinda gave up after that and since chris broke his **** on the 3rd run i might of gotten a bit superstitious

#26 ·
If he has an auto...
Getting traction just takes practice. You can't just floor it off the line, you have to lightly get into the throttle once you feel it stop spinning and hook green light to lay into it.

#30 ·
ya it will... if you can't launch your not going to see the full potential of the car...

there is a vid in the clubhouse of a cobra vs. a skittle... the skittle walked all over this cobra cause the driver couldn't even shift

ya i have heard that but i thought that chris was saying that the 01 Specifically was the strongest
nah not really...

#37 ·
This is gonna be sweet build!!! Please be sure to post plenty of progress pictures!!!!

#40 ·
um the 8.8 31 spline axle kit with 3.73 gears comes with t-lok. how about we shut the **** up and when i get it put on and broken in ill post the number.
Which is why I said the tlok will help.

Doesn't matter if you had an 8.8 or a 7.5 with a tlok it'll help you launch. Biggest reason for a better rear end is so you can launch at higher rpms, if you can't launch now launching higher most certainly isn't gonna help you. Understand?

Oh and when people say axle kit, some reason I think of just the axles. I'm guessing you bought a complete 8.8 rear end with 31spline axles and 3.73 gears?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.