Modded Mustang Forums banner

04 engine swap help

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Mrvince 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!
I need some help I have a engine swap going on and the pats anti-theft system won't let the motor turn over. It is stopping the gas pump and the fuel injection. I got a old truck that I am putting an 04 mustang 3.8 v6 motor and transmission in. I also have the Ecu and the wire harness and all the wire plus the gauges and the plug to run codes. I also have the rear end and axle. But I don't have the KEY!
I need to bypass the pats system so the enigne will work. I have gone to ford and locksmiths and many other places but no help due to no key and no steering column to reset the Ecu.

I don't mind buying whatever I need to make this work. But it is a costly build and trying to go around buying a plug and play harness which is $800 plus. Is there another way so I can spend the money other places on the build?
I have done research and came up with an alarm system module for the car with a relay. But unsure if will work and bypass the pats or have someone tune the Ecu to bypass the pats which is hard to do without oem parts.

Can anyone help?

#4 ·
I have always wanted to swap in a V8 aluminum engine from a Ford Taurus Sho. I plan to fit it into my 2000 5 speed manual silver convertible Mustang. All I wanted to know was: would my Mustang transmission bolt up to the Sho engine? What I got was dumped on with a lot of vile remarks, but I never received an intelligent answer. I hope you have better luck than I did!

#5 ·
Ok so we got the enigne in the truck and the transmission. Looking sweet and it's a nice tight fit. A lot more work to do but still can't start it! It's an 2004 3.8 mustang v6 with atuo trans. I need any information on what I can do to get this enigine running without a key? Does anyone have any web sites I can check out or any plug and play wire harness I can buy to bypass the pats system? Someone has had to been down this road before. Race car sites? I have done research and most things I find are for the v8 engine and/or GT models. Which I don't have. Thanks for your time and help. I don't think tunes will help. I do have everything out of the car needed expected a key. - gauge cluster, engine, Ecu, wire harness, trans, key sending unit plus more. We can even plug in to read codes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.