Speedometer Cluster Assembly (Head)
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > V6 Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 8th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #1

RavenSword is on a distinguished road

Speedometer Cluster Assembly (Head)

Hello,
I have a 1994 Mustang, that needs its Speedometer head replaced. I've heard that its both possible and not possible to use a Speedometer Cluster from another mustang and have the odometer read correctly, from mechanics in the area, as well as from Ford Mechanics....

Can I get a speedometer cluster from another 1994 mustang (base model like mine, or the GT version (150mph instead of 120), or even the cobra (160mph)) and swap that into mine? Will it set my odometer to what it should be? Or will I be forever screwed there?

I'm just looking for my options because I want my odometer to be the correct mileage. I know I can get it done correctly from the manufacturer, but the new cluster costs $352ish. When I can get a used one for 1/3 or 1/4 of that.

Anyone know?

Thank you for your time.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang V6

04DSGV6 is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forums.

Not exactly sure what you mean by spedometer head, I'm assuming you mean the gauges cluster as a whole. As long as your circuit board that runs everything isn't messed up you can steal one out a junkyard car and follow this tutorial and still have your odometer be correct. http://www.simcoltd.com/assets/pdf/2...xx_install.pdf
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:21 PM   #3
MM's Database Error

2004 Mustang V6
322.8 rwhp

WLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud ofWLJohnson05 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
Hello,
I have a 1994 Mustang, that needs its Speedometer head replaced. I've heard that its both possible and not possible to use a Speedometer Cluster from another mustang and have the odometer read correctly, from mechanics in the area, as well as from Ford Mechanics....

Can I get a speedometer cluster from another 1994 mustang (base model like mine, or the GT version (150mph instead of 120), or even the cobra (160mph)) and swap that into mine? Will it set my odometer to what it should be? Or will I be forever screwed there?

I'm just looking for my options because I want my odometer to be the correct mileage. I know I can get it done correctly from the manufacturer, but the new cluster costs $352ish. When I can get a used one for 1/3 or 1/4 of that.

Anyone know?

Thank you for your time.
shoudl work, but just to let u know the speedo gauges on anything but ur model will be off on ur speed and rpm

I'm trying to get rid of this stuff, feel free to make me an offer!:
SCT Mass Air Flow Sensor $200
Tial Wastegate Springs $40 (10psi and 3.6psi)
Old May 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #4

So, if I get a 94 V6 Cluster, will the odometer automatically reset to what it should be (what mine currently reads)? And will it continue to count mileage correctly? Also, would any adjustments need to be made to the speedometer in order for it to read correctly?

I'm just trying to decide if it is worth spending $490-540 to get it professionally done with a new cluster. To me that is very expensive.
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:04 PM   #5
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang V6

04DSGV6 is on a distinguished road

As long as you put the circuit board that is on the car currently it will read the current odometer.
Old May 9th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #6
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

Location: Looking for free hand jobs in poland springs nebraska... silly gooses
Onemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to behold

all you have to do is swap out the individual gauge... there is a "Mother Board" to speak of that has some information encrypted into it that wont let the whole cluster assembly work with another car, but allows the gauges to be changed when ever desired

simcoltd has info on how to do this

eff it, bought a wrx, finally.
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #7

simcoltd's stuff is all 1999+. I need info for the 1994 since it has an analog display. Anyway I can get a digital display for it? Or will that even work?

Also, any ideas on where is the best place to look for the parts I need?
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #8
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

Location: Looking for free hand jobs in poland springs nebraska... silly gooses
Onemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to behold

its the same shit, same steps... connections will look different... and you will have to do some work with mechanical line

eff it, bought a wrx, finally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Speedometer Cluster Assembly (Head)
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Headlight assembly help. 2007 GT/CS 2005 - 2010 1 April 20th, 2008 11:09 PM
Speedometer Cluster question supermachone V6 Mustangs 9 December 22nd, 2007 01:28 PM
Last and Final Speedometer/Cluster Question 0di3 99 - 04 7 July 2nd, 2007 03:05 PM
swapping '95 V6 gauge cluster to a '94-'98 GT cluster? Alocatelli V6 Mustangs 3 April 4th, 2007 02:38 PM