Modded Mustang Forums banner

K&N/Spectre air filter failure = unhappy turbo

13K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CJackson 
#1 ·
My good friend recently finished his 6.0 turbo swap into his old c10. He bought a Spectre air filter from Advance auto. Who would of thought this would be a issue but man was he wrong. The glue failed on a metal plug in the filter and it ruined the compressor wheel on the turbo. I know of someone on here that had the same thing happen and K&N replaced their Precisons 7678 ball bearing turbo without questions but won't replace a guys on3 70mm turbo. How shitty of a company to do this. I personally will never buy another K&N anything . This guy dumped everything he could into this truck and a damn air filter ruined it all. But hey atleast they said they would send a brand new filter out. There has been several of us tag spectre performance on Facebook and they immediately deleted and blocked everyone who began to ask questions. It's ridiculous for a company to treat someone this way.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.