Interior mods
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Tech > Visual

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 4th, 2008, 11:03 PM   #1
Regular

2005 Mustang V6

weezer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to weezer

Interior mods

So my interior is tan (cloth not leather) and black. Pretty much all tan except the black upper dash, steering wheel, center console, shifter boot, .....

Anyways, I was looking for some interior mods to make it cooler looking on the inside but I'm pretty limited. I don't want to change it from tan to another color seeing as that would be a huge pain in the ass, plus the tan goes smoothly with my car color. I was considering the following as some things to do to it: different guages (maybe swap the light color), different shifter, and maybe some dim ambient lighting under the dash. Not really planning on doing much to the exterior seeing as I want it to be clean and a sleeper. I'm trying to stay away from the rice factor, and I know I'm pushing it with the idea of lighting.

Any idears gents?

...just one of the few Asians that prefers to eat rice rather than drive it...
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2008, 06:21 AM   #2
Hip Hop Artist

Byebye V6~
Welcome Home New Pony :P

Youngin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Youngin

ebay has interior lights. i got mine for 20$ it looks great you should get blue. you can always get the interior trim kit that always makes it look better. some shelby pedals . a shift boot kit . just up to your taste

ItaliStang Made.. Maybe Red But Makes One Hell Of A Sig

http://www.myspace.com/moddedmustangz
Modded Mustang's Song

Old December 5th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #3

2008 Ford Mustang V6

WindveilSixxer is on a distinguished road

check steeda.com they have alot of nice interior things you can look at.
I also have tan interior..
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #4
Regular

2005 Mustang V6

Ya I've noticed. Most are billet though. May get pedals from there, or perhaps a shifter.

Originally Posted by Youngin View Post
ebay has interior lights. i got mine for 20$ it looks great you should get blue. you can always get the interior trim kit that always makes it look better. some shelby pedals . a shift boot kit . just up to your taste
I was searching the forum, and someone (zip I think?) posted a site with some nice lights for good prices. Oznium.com. I'm thinking of getting a couple 12" blue cold cathodes for under the dash or seats. Think it'll be that noticeable from the outside?

Last edited by weezer; December 6th, 2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old December 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #5
Hip Hop Artist

Byebye V6~
Welcome Home New Pony :P

Youngin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Youngin

Originally Posted by weezer View Post
Ya I've noticed. Most are billet though. May get pedals from there, or perhaps a shifter.

I was searching the forum, and someone (zip I think?) posted a site with some nice lights for good prices. Oznium.com. I'm thinking of getting a couple 12" blue cold cathodes for under the dash or seats. Think it'll be that noticeable from the outside?
you can always get neon tubes from bestbuy or something and mount them to your battery also .. yeah its all opinions for mods. and im sorry but there is no shifter for auto's yet

just look around do research if you like it go ahead its what makes a car unique anyways

ItaliStang Made.. Maybe Red But Makes One Hell Of A Sig

http://www.myspace.com/moddedmustangz
Modded Mustang's Song

Old December 6th, 2008, 11:42 PM   #6
Regular

2005 Mustang V6

I drive a manual

Old December 7th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Regular

2001 Mustang 3.8L

PacificMustang01 is on a distinguished road

Working on same mods here

I've been working on the same type of low key lighting type mods to my new 01 convert. My first mustang!!! Just got the car a month ago, so I'm new to the forums. I want my lighting mods to be well hidden and create a subitle effect, nothing too drastic but yet create a nice mood. I've got tan interior too.

I got some blue LEDs at karagen for like $6 for 3. I'm still trying to decide where to mount them for good. Right now they are in the door pocket storage space on each door. It gives a nice subtle blue glow in this area (I'll post some pics later). Then I found this cool blue light-up SPST switch at radio shack. Cool thing is it fits great into the 12V/cig. lighter spots. I'm using the one by the shifter, but could go into the center if I decide I want it more hidden. Wired the light on the blue switch up to the interior lighting system via the rear defroster switch circuit, and the SPST switch circuit (controling LEDs) to the constant 12V/cig lighter wires.

Now I can turn on the LEDs independently and the blue switch lights up and dims with interior lights. I'm really thinking of also putting some under the dash to light up the foot areas a little.

I'm curious what others are doing with lighting?? I could use more ideas.

Last edited by PacificMustang01; December 7th, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old December 7th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #8
Jim Breuer's Bitch

2008 Mustang GT Vert
I <3 to fart

Arsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud ofArsenal has much to be proud of

Interior

pretty much anything you could ever want for your interior

and push start button:

Ford Racing Push Start Ignition Button (2005+) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
How long did that take?
Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
It was gone in sixty seconds
Old December 7th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #9
Regular

bucketdvr will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
Interior

pretty much anything you could ever want for your interior

and push start button:

Ford Racing Push Start Ignition Button (2005+) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Not gonna lie. That's pretty cool. I don't like where it installs though, if I'm reading the description right. My girlfriend... well my ex-girlfriend's mum had a Lexus with that button right next to the key-ignition. Very nice. But go figure.

I've also been pretty interested in spicing up my interior with that "ambient" lighting feel. I just doubt I have the tech-savvy ability to rewire, adjust, etc (I can't even think of things I wouldn't know how to do) all of it so I've been putting it off.

XBL bucketdvr
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #10
MM Fanatic

2003 GT

Novanutcase is a splendid one to beholdNovanutcase is a splendid one to beholdNovanutcase is a splendid one to beholdNovanutcase is a splendid one to beholdNovanutcase is a splendid one to beholdNovanutcase is a splendid one to beholdNovanutcase is a splendid one to behold

Go for it! Don't let the tools on here discourage you otherwise and start saying it's "rice".

John
SOLD - '03 GT, Max Moto Max Grip Box, Wilwood SL 6 front/DL4 rear Big Brake Kit, Corbeau Seats, MGW Short Shifter, MAC Long Tube Headers/Prochamber mid/ Flowmaster 40, FRPP 4.10, TrickFlow Diff Cover/75mm TB/Plenum, Eaton Posi, Moser 31 spl Axles
Old December 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM   #11
Regular

2001 Mustang 3.8L

Ya, those people that are crazy about not looking like "ricers" can just keep it to themselves. For the record, I don't want my car to look all "rice-ish" either. But a few well placed LED's to provide some nice ambient lighting is not a rice thing. It is more of a chill/mellow thing in my opinion.

bucketdvr, it is SOOO easy to add some LED's and a nice switch to control them. I really need to put some pics up of my lighting mods so you all can check it out. I didn't even have to drill into my door to put the LED's in, there is a perfect little space where the lower door pocket thing connects with the rest of the door pannel and the light fits perfect right in there. The hardest part for me was running the wire into the door. I did have to take off the door pannel (easy on the newer mustangs) and then use a coat hanger to get the wire through the black rubber gasket connecting the door to the interior. But other than that it's just a little cutting and splicing.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can walk you through it easy. Or, if enough people want I can post up a protocol of how it's done.

Just remember, it's your car and you can do what ever the hell you want to it!!!
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:41 AM   #12
Regular

bucketdvr will become famous soon enough

That'd be badass man. The whole "theme" I've had in mind for my ride has been a black and purple- and I always thought it'd be really nice to have some low-key purple accent lighting in the interior- but like I said- I've never even reached the BEGINNING of knowing how-to-where-to- or anything like that.
Re-sodering and replacing a pair of recievers in some headphones is about as far as I've ever gotten electrical-wise.

XBL bucketdvr
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #13
Banned

2008 GCSRT8, 1965 Coupe;

rwboring is on a distinguished road

im just going to lay this out there... i would get performance mods... PERSONALLY (so its not for everyone) i think interior mods look cheesy... i dont like lights or alum handles or any of that stuff... just way to ricer... you might as well get the pads that go onto the seat belts... sorry just my .02, i like mine clear and clean on the inside...
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #14
Regular

2005 Mustang V6

I'm not planning on doing a whole lot to the interior. I'm with you on the performance part. I'm spending the bulk of my money on that, I just want it to be a little different on the inside so it feels good I suppose.

I'm getting the lights about the same time as I get my Flowmaster A/T's

Old December 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #15
Regular

2001 Mustang 3.8L

I've got a V6, really no reason for me to mess with performance mods. As to my interior mods I keep em clean and hidden. I too like to keep the stock look. But except for the switch I put into the 12V power supply you cannot even tell my LEDs are there. unless I decide to turn them on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Interior mods
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Interior? wizard88 Visual 6 August 20th, 2008 09:04 PM
these mods VS those mods, suggestions please kennyGT 99 - 04 14 June 2nd, 2008 03:15 PM
Show some interior mods! Garhfer The Clubhouse 3 May 20th, 2008 02:41 PM
Put some well needed interior mods on... 97Cobra Pictures 10 April 21st, 2008 01:48 AM