Racing Stripes
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Tech > Visual

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #1
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

RJVetter831 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RJVetter831

Racing Stripes

What do you guys think about Racing Stripes, I have a Vista Blue 2006 Mustang Convertible, thinking of either putting on Silver LeMans Racing Stripes, or Silver Rocker Stripes.

What do all of you guys think?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2009, 01:20 AM   #2
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

Come on, anyone here have an opinion!?!?!?!
Old August 9th, 2009, 02:17 AM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT Vert

Mustangshar is just really niceMustangshar is just really niceMustangshar is just really niceMustangshar is just really niceMustangshar is just really nice

Originally Posted by RJVetter831 View Post
Come on, anyone here have an opinion!?!?!?!
Ah Hmmm...I'm here with a Vista Blue. What color is your top-Black? I love silver or pewter however if you have a parchment top, rethink it.
06 GT: MM & FF 12/07 Ladies Edition issue: will never be done
Old August 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

Originally Posted by Mustangshar View Post
Ah Hmmm...I'm here with a Vista Blue. What color is your top-Black? I love silver or pewter however if you have a parchment top, rethink it.
I have a Black Top, and am looking at Silver 12 inch Lemans Stripes...But since you have a conv, how does it look conv? with the top up, Im worried it might look dumb how it just stops for the black top.

And are they hard to put on? I am a perfectionist, I would probably have someone install them for me, b/c i dont want any air bubbles or nothing
Old August 9th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT Vert

Mustangshar is just really niceMustangshar is just really niceMustangshar is just really niceMustangshar is just really niceMustangshar is just really nice

1st I'm digging through some shots because most are top down But I like it with the top up too and thats how MCA shows are judged-top up.

Now keep in mind I have 3 colors going on-Vista/Parchment/Chrome. I consider Chrome the 3rd color because it is there. Also keep in mind I have removed the Stainless Steel Bezels on the tail lights-it was over kill. So here goes... with the tail end you need.

Keep in mind on the rear...measure those stripes so you still have space between your tail lights. I have chaser stripes on mine. Now I HAD vinyl and it was applied at a graphics shop. After 2 years it was spotted, not glossy and for $400 that's what I got. Now I had them removed,, painted under 2 coats of clear coat. WELL worth it to paint whether you do it under clear or just have it painted on top-well worth it. I think you would have no problem with your black top doing a silver or pewter. If you have a silver type rim then you are still within a 3 color scheme and I don't think it would overload.

The ONLY other choice would be black stripes..and you could do silver chasers..BUT I would ask someone to photoshop that for you...it may work or it may not...idn. I matched my top, it was the only solution turned out good she's a head turner on the streets. But keep in touch..I wanna see what you decide. I feel Verts are a challange....

Old August 9th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT Vert

Also..when you do vinyl, they will not apply the stripe through the license plate lets see if I can find one with my yucky vinyl. Stock fan blade rims...stock wing

Old August 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #7
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

How much does it cost to get painted? Because I am going to put in a nice 7inch Touch Screen Deck.

So you wouldn't reccomend the Vinyl, If I did, I would purchase the ones from AmericanMuscle.
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:59 PM   #8
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

And I also don't know how Racing Stripes would look on a V6...
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #9
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

And I have Light Gray Interior.
Old August 9th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT Vert

Originally Posted by RJVetter831 View Post
And I have Light Gray Interior.
Wow I didn't even know light gray was available. NICE choice then silver would absolutely work beautifully with your ride!

You're in NY...ask your local stang forum where they have gone for painted stripes. OR if we have some regional people here. They vary..with striping UNDER clearcoat being the most expensive. But again even painting on top of clear with a clear over it is still better alternative.

Personally..you sound like you want a quality product I'd save up and do paint. You will not be happy with vinyl over a long period of time and removing them is a bitch. PLUS I'd never attemt as a do it your self..see a graphics house for everything +install if you do go that way.

As far as stripes on your car....I think they'd be very sharp. You don't need a GT to stripe....these cars are made for them.

So tell me about the 7" screen..I really want to do that.
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #11
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

Originally Posted by Mustangshar View Post
Wow I didn't even know light gray was available. NICE choice then silver would absolutely work beautifully with your ride!

You're in NY...ask your local stang forum where they have gone for painted stripes. OR if we have some regional people here. They vary..with striping UNDER clearcoat being the most expensive. But again even painting on top of clear with a clear over it is still better alternative.

Personally..you sound like you want a quality product I'd save up and do paint. You will not be happy with vinyl over a long period of time and removing them is a bitch. PLUS I'd never attemt as a do it your self..see a graphics house for everything +install if you do go that way.

As far as stripes on your car....I think they'd be very sharp. You don't need a GT to stripe....these cars are made for them.

So tell me about the 7" screen..I really want to do that.
I got a quote for 175 to put on the decal at a local shop, I asked him about painting. How much did yours cost? And why are the decals not so good, because I wanna have this car for a while, I want the stripes to stay nice looking. Cause on American Muscle they got good reviews.

But as for the Deck, Double DIN is the size that we need to have no cutting, so itll fit clean in our dash.

The 3 I have narrowed down to are:

And BestBuy will install it for 50 bucks, so not a bad deal. Oh yeah, and those are all expensive because I want one with Navigation.
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #12
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

This is what I was looking at...If I ordered decal stripes, these would be the ones...

Silver Mustang Lemans Stripes (79-10) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #13
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

Should I put racing stripes all the way throught the car, down the bumper...down the back, license plate and everything? Or have it stop at the spoiler?
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT Vert

Well..ultimately it is your decision. Paint vs Vinyl threads have been discussed at length-do a search, but paint ultimately was the winner. I see there is a second thread you started on this?? idn I see two now.

My job wasn't just stripeing. I had to pay to remove the vinyl, added cervini parts and then painted everything it was $3000. Yours would not be that much. But price it

Best Buy $50 for in dash install???? REALLY....
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:13 AM   #15
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

Yeah, I know tons of people who have decks installed, they do a great job, full installation, they show you how to use it, everything. (Well maybe thats only if you buy it from them)...But yeah, buy it online cheap, have them install it. Those are some pretty nice ones.
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #16
Regular

2006 Mustang Convertible

Well thanks for all your help, I'm gonna get them painted on, so it'll last FOREVER, I'll worry about the stereo later, its not that it doesn't work, works perfect, was just looking to upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Racing Stripes
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
racing stripes MxRacer253 2005 - 2010 5 May 14th, 2008 03:23 AM
Racing Stripes skimboard71104 V6 Mustangs 13 November 28th, 2007 01:23 AM
Racing Stripes... Guitarcrazy3 Visual 8 March 7th, 2007 01:18 PM
Racing Stripes ScreaminYellow05 V6 Mustangs 35 February 2nd, 2007 11:44 PM
Racing Stripes green machine Visual 23 September 24th, 2006 02:53 AM