Cobra R Bumper
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Tech > Visual

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 13th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #1

skowvy is on a distinguished road

Cobra R Bumper

I'm going to do a Cobra R clone on my mustang. I'm going to go the whole way with a 5.4, the only things im not sure aobut is a different exhaust and maybe no fuelcell, or in a different place atleast. Anyway to the point, I'm going to need the 2000 Cobra front bumper, but I can't find any with the removable chin spoiler. I live in an area where the roads leave alot to be desired, and there are lots or steep hills that I can see are just hungry for a cobra R bumper. So I was wondering if you guys have an ideas, or know where i can get a Cobra R bumper, with a removeable splitter. I know i've seen them I just can't find them again. Thanks.
Advertisement

Old November 13th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #2
Banned

6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skowvy View Post
I'm going to do a Cobra R clone on my mustang. I'm going to go the whole way with a 5.4, the only things im not sure aobut is a different exhaust and maybe no fuelcell, or in a different place atleast. Anyway to the point, I'm going to need the 2000 Cobra front bumper, but I can't find any with the removable chin spoiler. I live in an area where the roads leave alot to be desired, and there are lots or steep hills that I can see are just hungry for a cobra R bumper. So I was wondering if you guys have an ideas, or know where i can get a Cobra R bumper, with a removeable splitter. I know i've seen them I just can't find them again. Thanks.
im gonna go ahead and say...wonder why there's so many views but no answers...

gay clone is gay

welcome
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #3

Why is a clone a bad idea? First of all it's way cheaper, second;y I take joy and pride in making somethign myself and not just buying itt of a dealers lot. And when i take it to the track i won't be beating the shit out of such a rare car. It makes more sense all around.
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Banned

6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute6ER THEN I 8ER! has a reputation beyond repute

Why is a clone a bad idea? First of all it's way cheaper, second;y I take joy and pride in making somethign myself and not just buying itt of a dealers lot. And when i take it to the track i won't be beating the shit out of such a rare car. It makes more sense all around.
whatever floats your boat

but if you're going to make a clone...could you choose something not so...bleh
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #5
Enthusiast

1999 mustang cobra

1999cobra92 will become famous soon enough

I think I'm nOt sure but but they make. Removable splitter for the 99-01 cobra front bumper on lethalperformance.com

Crew Member # 5

Check garage for mods and pics

if you Los Angeles and want to ride send me a text (323) 270-6827

0% Wheel hop, 0% broken parts, 100% wheel spin
Old November 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM   #6
Enthusiast

01 true blue GT
14.53@94

mk1993 will become famous soon enough

good luck with the build, just as long as you post pics And i beileve they do have attachment pieces for the 01 cobra bumper but im not for sure where at

00' V6-basics, mostly visual, missed! SOLD
01' GT True blue, visuals,basic bolt onssadly sold
03' ford explorer xls-stock sold
2000 bmw 323i-lowered, sold
05 cobalt lt, 5sp sold
05 equinox ls current, stock daddy mobile
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #7
Regular

2000 Mustang
TOO SLOW!

herpony is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to herpony

I've got the cobra R front. My bump was cut a few inches and molded back together to clear parking stumps.

Old November 17th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #8
Regular

2003 mustang gt

almighty396 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by herpony View Post
I've got the cobra R front. My bump was cut a few inches and molded back together to clear parking stumps.

is it just the angle of the foto or is ur drive side headlight a little high?
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #9
Regular

2000 Mustang
TOO SLOW!

HA! Now I had to go and check.... From the frontal view, it looks even
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #10
Regular

2003 mustang gt

almighty396 is on a distinguished road

HA! Now I had to go and check.... From the frontal view, it looks even
lol my bad then sorry for the hassle haha. its a badass car either way
Old November 17th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #11
Regular

2000 Mustang
TOO SLOW!

Originally Posted by almighty396 View Post
lol my bad then sorry for the hassle haha. its a badass car either way
Old November 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #12
Cum On Me Bro

14 Fiesta ST

sikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud of

Frickin expensive, but here's one

1999-01 Mustang Cobra Steeda Front Splitter at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

+you need an 99-01 Cobra Front bumper, and those are even harder to find, and more expensive. I'll sell you mine for $500
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:39 AM   #13
9k All Day.

MY00 s2000.

VinceS2K is a glorious beacon of lightVinceS2K is a glorious beacon of lightVinceS2K is a glorious beacon of lightVinceS2K is a glorious beacon of lightVinceS2K is a glorious beacon of light

and atleast if you do the clone, keep it red.

theres a guy around me who has a v6 cobra r clone in bright ferrari yellow (i saw him at a show next too one, same exact color) and he works up the street from my house.

i just shake my head and sigh every single time i pass by the parking bench spoiler.

Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
Now, I'm fucking terrified of beetles. I mean, what of it had worked its way into my butthole or something?? They creep me the fuck out.
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #14
Banned

go fast parts first
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #15
Regular

2000 Mustang
TOO SLOW!

Hey, mine wasn't (isn't) red and I think it's pretty hot either way

....it does look 10x better without the spoiler tho :-x
Old November 18th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT

01KnightRiderGT has a spectacular aura about01KnightRiderGT has a spectacular aura about01KnightRiderGT has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to 01KnightRiderGT

Im with you man. You do make a valid point there. I say go for it, as long as you keep it red, and swap in the 5.4L.

Good luck, and post photos.

Black Stang Member #13
315's Crew Founder

My Track Videos

Last edited by 01KnightRiderGT; November 18th, 2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old November 18th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #17
Not A Regular Member

McQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant futureMcQueen has a brilliant future

Lol what kind of parking stumps do you have around your area? Most of the ones in my area would probably take out everything below your fog lights I have to keep my car away from those damns things, and I've got stock suspension (aside from shocks/struts) and the stock V6 bumper
Old November 18th, 2010, 09:38 AM   #18
Cum On Me Bro

14 Fiesta ST

sikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mcqueen View Post
Lol what kind of parking stumps do you have around your area? Most of the ones in my area would probably take out everything below your fog lights I have to keep my car away from those damns things, and I've got stock suspension (aside from shocks/struts) and the stock V6 bumper
lol I've got a stock Cobra with that front bumper, minus the chin spoiler, and I can still pull over most curbs and parking stumps.

Stock Mustangs sit higher than my Mom's Sonata
Old November 23rd, 2010, 09:35 PM   #19

Wow, thanks for all the responses everyone. And no offense to herpony but I agree R clones should stay red and so I'm keeping her red. As much as I hate to admit I will be doing things a little bass akwards though. The V6 in her is running fine but she has alot of other problems I need to fix first. The last owner ran her into a ditch and scraped to front bumper pretty good, and the head lights don't match now either. So I might end up putting the cobra r bumper on first. There are actually a couple other things I want to bounce off of you guys. First should I get the Cobra R wheels? I'm not a big fan of themm but at the same time I dont want to be shunned by the Mustang community. The other thing is that I was just on the CJ Pony website and noticed Ford Racing is offering the new 5.0 Coyote as a complete crate engine for 6 grand, not cheap but after getting a hold of a 5.4 and doing a rebuild on it, the cost would be close enough for me to justify and it'll make more power actually. Just wondering what you guys think of that. It would still be keeping the spirit of the Cobra R but with a different heart.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 09:44 PM   #20
Banned

Wow, thanks for all the responses everyone. And no offense to herpony but I agree R clones should stay red and so I'm keeping her red. As much as I hate to admit I will be doing things a little bass akwards though. The V6 in her is running fine but she has alot of other problems I need to fix first. The last owner ran her into a ditch and scraped to front bumper pretty good, and the head lights don't match now either. So I might end up putting the cobra r bumper on first. There are actually a couple other things I want to bounce off of you guys. First should I get the Cobra R wheels? I'm not a big fan of themm but at the same time I dont want to be shunned by the Mustang community. The other thing is that I was just on the CJ Pony website and noticed Ford Racing is offering the new 5.0 Coyote as a complete crate engine for 6 grand, not cheap but after getting a hold of a 5.4 and doing a rebuild on it, the cost would be close enough for me to justify and it'll make more power actually. Just wondering what you guys think of that. It would still be keeping the spirit of the Cobra R but with a different heart.
a 5.0 would be a sick engine to run in a new edge...it's better made, puts out more power, and is down right sexy to look at in an engine bay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Cobra R Bumper
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock bumper with Mach 1 Chin or Cobra R bumper? asiansensation78 99 - 04 22 March 30th, 2012 11:44 AM
Stock GT Bumper For Cobra Bumper Fog Light Question droppedbass87 Audio/Video 5 October 1st, 2006 06:38 AM