Ford Racing’s 5.0 liter “Cammer” engine powers this race version of the Shelby GT500. It is just one of many numbers that this Shelby GT500 uses to tell the difference between the avid racer and the coinsure.
When they named this shelby a Professional Road Racer, they did it for a reason, as it is no casual observer. This is a vehicle that lives to race. In fact, it was purpose-built for that very reason. A study in performance, it honors the innovation of Carroll Shelby in the best way it knows how: By stepping onto the track and win.
- 5.0-liter “Cammer” engine, producing more than 500 horsepower
- 6-speed sequential shift, race transmission
- 6-piston front calipers with 2-piece rotors
- 4-piston rear calipers with 2-piece rotors
- 8.8–inch full-floating rear axle
- 3-way adjustable dampers, front and rear
- GT-spec rear wing
- Carbon fiber nose splitter
- 22-gallon fule cell
- 3-piece BBS racing wheels
- Curb weight: 3,100 pounds
Back to the original GT500′s at SEMA article, and to read more about the other two GT500 Mustangs at this year’s event. The information used in this article was taken from the display sheet at SEMA.