Shelby Automobiles announced today, for a mere $28k, power hunger enthusiasts can claim ownership of a factory warrantied 600 horsepower Modded Shelby GT500, aka the previous reported Super Snake package. Utilizing newly developed GT500 performance packs, the package will include enhancements to the GT500’s looks, handling, and power.
“The Ford Shelby GT500 is fast, but hard core enthusiasts asked us for a way make their Shelby a more aggressive, balanced performing track car,” said Carroll Shelby, founder of Shelby Automobiles. “Thanks to our partnership with Ford Racing, our Super Snake package will make their stock Shelby GT500 one of the most balanced, fastest, most fearsome muscle cars in the world. I’m going to hunt Vipers and Corvettes with mine”.
The GT500 Super Snake package, which will be installed at the Shelby factory includes:
• Ford Racing Supercharger upgrade kit producing over 600 horsepower and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque; an optional 725 horsepower system is available
• 6-speed manual transmission with a Ford Racing short-throw shifter and 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
• Borla performance exhaust system for the 600 horsepower version; JBA manifold and back system for the 725 horsepower option
• Engine dress up kit including billet aluminum fluid caps and dip stick handle
• Ford Racing suspension tuning including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
• Exclusive Shelby- Alcoa 20-inch forged wheels with Super Snake center caps
• Shelby / Baer 6 piston forged front brakes calipers with cross drilled and vented rotors all around
• Front and rear brake cooling ducts
• Side scoops, carbon fiber front fascia splitter, mirror covers and rocker panels
• Classic Shelby design hood with functional scoops
• Super Snake exclusive striping
• ‘Shelby’ lettering across the front edge of hood and rear deck lid and ‘Super Snake’ badges
• Center cluster with Carroll Shelby signature gauges for boost, fuel pressure and oil pressure
• Shelby embroidered headrests, Super Snake door sill plates, aluminum map light accent, floor mats and other exclusive components
• Official Shelby CSM dash plate
A GT500 with the first Super Snake package will be on display at the Mid-America Ford Performance and Shelby Meet in Tulsa, Okla. Headquartered at the Tulsa Marriott, the event includes a broad range of activities including drag racing, cruise night, road racing exhibitions, a car show and banquet.“I’m excited to debut our new Super Snake package for the enthusiasts at the Mid-America Ford and Performance Meet,” added Amy Boylan, president of Shelby Automobiles. “They’ll be the first to see this amazing car with world-class capabilities. When combined with the MSRP of a GT500, this upgrade is far less expensive than the price of any other car with even close to the Super Snake’s power. No one can touch the performance, exclusivity and heritage of this post title Shelby package.”
Oh yea, one more thing in case you didn’t catch it in the features list… if 600 horsepower isn’t enough – they’ve got an unwarrantied 725 earth shattering horsepower package available too. Apparently Shelby is looking to move alot of ground with their Modded Mustangs, literally.