Modded Mustangs’ Forum member tjames recently posted a how-to article for tinting your Mustang’s 3rd brake light and side markers. While no two write-up’s are ever alike, venture along as he spends less than $30 to add a personal touch to his ponycar. Lots of pictures and details are included so, if this is something you’ve been looking to do, it doesn’t get much better than this.
A brief rundown of the supplies needed to tackle this mod:
- VHT Nite Shades ($8.00+ shipping on ebay)
- Dupli-Color Auto Spray Clear Top Coat ($6.00 at pepboys, autozone, ect.)
- 1500 grit sand paper ($3.95 at pepboys, ect.)
- 2000 grit sand paper ($3.95 at pepboys, ect.)
- Painters tape ($5.00 at home depot, ect.)
- Rubbing Alcohol (Free cause just about everyone has a bottle of that under a sink somewhere in your house)
- Cotton Balls
- Paper grocery bags (Free at any grocery store)
- Socket wrench
- Socket wrench extender
- 10mm socket
- Some patience!
Starting with the 3rd brakelight, pop the trunk and find the 2 bolts holding it in. It requires a 10mm socket. Also you will need it to be a long socket because the screw is very long and you will need a socket wrench and an extender will make life much easier Ok, that’s all the teaser you’re gonna get from us… read the rest in the forum where it was originally posted.