Im new yall help me out - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old February 20th, 2007, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Look Ma! My First Post!

Im new yall help me out

HELP!!!!!!!! what do i do when i want to REDO my whole mustang im new to this but i have a 4cyl 2.3 liter fox body mustang i want to convert it to a v8 im racing this car so PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old February 20th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Thewolfman456
What you do is, take a cutting torch and cut your car in half length wise and wield a whole bunch of stang in between the two halves. Then you pull out you old engine and put in a 5.0L V8 engine and if it don't fit then just pull the hood off and leave the engine exposed. Then, you take the suspension from a 1908 Ford Model T and replace the suspension you have with it. Then for exhaust, replace your stang exhaust with the exaust system for a 1965 Wright International tugboat. Then, you drive it down the road, if it doesn't fall apart on the road, you'll have one fucked up car.

Seriously dude, I'd help you if you gave me more information.
post #3 of 11 Old February 20th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Regular

Iím going to be serious now.

Alrght dude, I know your new because the question you just asked is one of the noobiest Iíve seen in awhile. You want to make your 4 banger run with the big boys and that man, is a lot of work. You want a V8, Iíd go with a Cobra small block 4.6L V8. If you get a new engine, your also going to need to get a new transmission. To install of this it is going to involve cutting in to your firewall probably and you might find it more work then you really want to do and itíll cost you a bundle for the parts.

Now youíll need new racing gears and pullies for your engine. Your gears should be 4.10, and I donít know about the pullies, Iíll get back with you on that. Your exhaust will need to be modified as well, I say flowmaster works the best but personally, thatís just me. Your also going to need cold air intake, I prefer the K&N Typhoon system myself.

You want to run with the big boys? Well then you need a charger, super or turbo. I prefer Twin Turbo but a supercharger works just as well. These myfriend ainít cheap.

That my friend isnít even all of it. Once we get some other opinions, Iíll post more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old February 20th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Regular

Eh, id buy a used sn95 cobra and go from there. Less time and prolly the same amount of money. You can find them for pretty cheep.
post #5 of 11 Old February 21st, 2007, 01:45 PM
Priest of the Car Gods

Or, you could just look at all the 2.3L --> 5.0 swap questions already posted...

Function > Form, always
post #6 of 11 Old February 21st, 2007, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewolfman456
Iím going to be serious now.

Alrght dude, I know your new because the question you just asked is one of the noobiest Iíve seen in awhile. You want to make your 4 banger run with the big boys and that man, is a lot of work. You want a V8, Iíd go with a Cobra small block 4.6L V8. If you get a new engine, your also going to need to get a new transmission. To install of this it is going to involve cutting in to your firewall probably and you might find it more work then you really want to do and itíll cost you a bundle for the parts.

Now youíll need new racing gears and pullies for your engine. Your gears should be 4.10, and I donít know about the pullies, Iíll get back with you on that. Your exhaust will need to be modified as well, I say flowmaster works the best but personally, thatís just me. Your also going to need cold air intake, I prefer the K&N Typhoon system myself.

You want to run with the big boys? Well then you need a charger, super or turbo. I prefer Twin Turbo but a supercharger works just as well. These myfriend ainít cheap.

That my friend isnít even all of it. Once we get some other opinions, Iíll post more.
you'd be a good mechanic.. not because you seem knowledgeable, but because you seem like you would be able to bullshit somebody into something they dont need

'65 Fastback
'89 LX 5.0
'90 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'92 LX 5.0
'97 Cobra

post #7 of 11 Old February 21st, 2007, 05:02 PM
Regular

I know, I'm not much of a mechanic and I was mainly guessing. Especially about the firewall, I don't know if he would have to cut it out but he is doubling the size of the engine so I kind of guessed. But, I think I got a lot of it right thou.

I just wish I could talk some one in to using that tugboat exhaust. That would be some funny shit.

I forgot, he'd have to modify the rear suspension for the weight of a V8 Engine.
post #8 of 11 Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:56 AM
Priest of the Car Gods

Umm, you definitely don't have to modify the firewall to put a 5.0 in place of a 2.3. The only part you have to "modify" in the engine bay would be to replace the motor mounts. If you have a T-5 and the 5.0 bellhousing, other than that, the engine bolts in. It won't run that way (exhaust, wiring harness, fuel lines, etc.) , but the engine bolts in at that point.

Function > Form, always
post #9 of 11 Old February 26th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to TurboLX
more info...plz

1988 LX Coupe 2.5L, GT35R, 44mm WG, 32psi, C16.
post #10 of 11 Old April 6th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Regular

with the money you will spend on a v8 conversion you can build up a real sweet 2.3T setup = save money on gas AND kick ass !!!!GO TURBO !!!
post #11 of 11 Old April 6th, 2007, 11:30 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to TurboLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeker
with the money you will spend on a v8 conversion you can build up a real sweet 2.3T setup = save money on gas AND kick ass !!!!GO TURBO !!!
YOU SAID IT!!

1988 LX Coupe 2.5L, GT35R, 44mm WG, 32psi, C16.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page