Modded Mustang Forums banner

What ECU do i have?

915 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Mikel89us 
#1 ·
I recently picked up at T-Bird ECU and harness, its from an 87 Turbo coupe, and i was wondering what it is. Im not sure how to figure out if its LA or LB or what number. It was an automatic trans car.

#3 ·
it does, and it has what looks like a blue stamp that says LB13 or something like that

#5 ·
turbo on my mustang. What would be a safe compression ratio to run 6 psi?

#6 ·
9.0:1 at 6 PSI with an intercooler should be OK for a cast piston, but I would suggest you run 91 or higher octane fuel if this is your plan.

If you are going to use forged pistons, you could get away with 10.5:1. I'm guessing that you are looking for more low speed torque in this engine, hence the high compression/low boost combo? If this is what you are after, then I suggest that you use the stock valve sizes in the head and PM me for some porting tips. What cam are you planning on using for this?

#8 ·
And yes im going for low speed torque, i have the stock cam in it, dont think i will change it right now. I have an external wastegate that is set at 6 psi anyway so i decided to keep high compression, due to the failure at power before with 6 psi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.