4cyl exhaust help - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to vixen
4cyl exhaust help

im new to this fourm, so far everyone here roks.
I have a 1990 4cylinder stang. I'm too freaked out over gas prices to have a 5.0 .. sooo, i picked up a 4banger instead.
My mustang is mint so far, great new project... im just trying to figure out what to do, im missing the tailpipe of the exhaust.. Should i try to mickeymouse a another tailpipe, or go for new exhuast all together, and if so, whats lush for a 1990?
cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old June 23rd, 2006, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

Re: 4cyl exhaust help

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixen
im new to this fourm, so far everyone here roks.
I have a 1990 4cylinder stang. I'm too freaked out over gas prices to have a 5.0 .. sooo, i picked up a 4banger instead.
My mustang is mint so far, great new project... im just trying to figure out what to do, im missing the tailpipe of the exhaust.. Should i try to mickeymouse a another tailpipe, or go for new exhuast all together, and if so, whats lush for a 1990?
cheers
Unless you are planning on doing any mods at this point, I would just visit a muffler shop that can bend pipe, and they should be able to hook you up with a tailpipe for $50 or less.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh why is the tailpipe gone? It might not be bad to have them check the entire exhaust, most shops will. Ask around and see who is a good shop. You can pay 2 or 3 times as much if you go to a name brand place, or one of the chains, and you may not get as good of service as you will at Billy Bob's Backyard mufflers and taxidermy shop :-)

"Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it" Rev. Jim Jones
post #3 of 4 Old June 23rd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

you could probally just go to pep boys and get a tail pipe made for the 90 4 banger. they got lots of pipes in the back.

Too often, We lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only take 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that [email protected]#?!&! upside the head!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old June 24th, 2006, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to vixen
good call thanks.. i really dont wanna take it into a shop cause i know they'll have the "girl, cha chinnng" mentality. I had gone to Napa two weeks ago, to get my mom wipers for her impala.. and the guy on the counter tried to sell me wipers for 70 bucks... im clever tho. all i know is the tailpipe is missing and the fumes are kinda everywhere.. not healthy.

I have another serious question. Can you just turn the key to start a 90 mustang.. cause it seems i have to turn the car to 'on' two or three times before turning over the engine, or it won't start... is that normal, or do i have a starter issue? i know its not the fuel pump because it was just replaced.. whattaya rekon??? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page