Damn transmission - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old September 10th, 2013, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
LORD ZERO VENOM SUPREMACY

Damn transmission

So my tranny is being a shit and grinding in reverse. Even when I turn off the car and try to put the shifter in reverse it doesn't go in most of the time. It then sits there grinding in reverse, sometimes I have to slam it to go in gear. I bought a clutch adjuster but I haven't had time to install it. My clutch pedal is almost to the floor but I think even with the car off it should go into gear right? When the car is off if I cycle through gears some get hard others just glide into position. Don't know what's the problem or if it's fixable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old September 10th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Diaphram clutch, pressure plates are notorious for doing this. In many cases the pedal will also get stiffer as the pressure plate wears. In turn the clutch cable will begin to stretch and in some cases the clutch fork will even bend. Either way, without seeing your car, it really sounds like it's time to do some clutch work.

TVS Supercharged SVO 2.7L

528 HP
561 ft lb
post #3 of 4 Old September 10th, 2013, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
LORD ZERO VENOM SUPREMACY

I did a new clutch and pressure plate about a month ago. Before that when the old clutch wore out the clutch pedal was loose, and the engagement point was at just a bit above half depressed. If you barley put any pressure on the clutch it would engage and slip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old February 17th, 2014, 04:08 PM

I'm having similar issues with my trans after I replaced the clutch disc, pressure plate, t/o bearing, & pilot bearing. After all that I replaced the clutch cable and installed a FWA. Still having issues, I'm going to drop the trans. today and give it a once over, any info is much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page