Need help ASAP with motor mounts question on 2.3 turbo - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old November 1st, 2014, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
Booster

Garage
Need help ASAP with motor mounts question on 2.3 turbo

So as of 5-6 months back I picked up a 1984 20th anniversary Mustang GT350 with the 2.3 turbo. Well the original motor had been removed but I just so happened to have a motor from an XR4TI with only 50K miles, as I was looking to buy mounts for the car I was noticing that none looked like they would be the correct mount for my car, however motor mounts from an 86-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe w/ 2.3T, 1986 Cougar XR-7 w/ 2.3T, and 1987-93 Mustang 2.3 N/A looked as they would be the correct application. I do not want to buy motor mounts just to find out they will not work and deal with sending them back and waiting for a refund. Pics below are of the motor, sub frame mount, motor mounts claimed to fit and motor mounts which to me look to be right. Please help.
Also, original motor mount from xr4ti still in place on passenger side, just dismiss it being there.

Motor mounts which are supposed to be correct

Motor mounts which look correct

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Ok, I am sorry for not seeing the obvious right away but after seeing all the pictures in a row and next to each other I was able to see that the ones called for are the correct ones. It just didn't look right at first for some reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old November 1st, 2014, 07:54 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikel89us Send a message via Skype™ to Mikel89us
I would get the top set, the plate you have still bolted to the cross member are removable. And the black set will drop right in. The other set will probably work too, but the black ones I can pretty much guarantee will fit.

That being said, could you kindly tell me where you found both sets?? Mine are shot, and I haven't been able to find a good set..

Correction, after looking again, the bottom set are not factory location. They appear to set the engine back 2" or so.. So unless you modify the trans cross member, and maybe driveshaft, they might not work. Those I assume are meant for a racing application. Also, could have used a set of those when I was racing dirt track.

1991 Mustang LX 2.3L 5 Speed convert
1989 Ranger 4X4 2.5L 5 Speed solid Dana 30 front axle, 4.5" suspension lift, 3" body. ( blown up....)
Entire turbo kit waiting to be used again.
post #3 of 5 Old November 2nd, 2014, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Booster

Garage
Yeah I figured out the top ones were correct after seeing all my pictures together. Here is the link to the guy who makes the mounts, He is however out of the top style at the moment.

Turbochuck.com: Motormounts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old November 2nd, 2014, 08:57 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikel89us Send a message via Skype™ to Mikel89us
Ok, thanks, did he happen to mention when he might be making more?

1991 Mustang LX 2.3L 5 Speed convert
1989 Ranger 4X4 2.5L 5 Speed solid Dana 30 front axle, 4.5" suspension lift, 3" body. ( blown up....)
Entire turbo kit waiting to be used again.
post #5 of 5 Old January 25th, 2015, 05:06 PM

bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page