post #1 of 5 Old December 1st, 2014, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old December 1st, 2014, 02:31 PM
Look Ma! My First Post!

Cool!
post #3 of 5 Old December 2nd, 2014, 12:09 PM
RAT FINK

Is it a 40 series and is that your only exhaust mod?

When I had my old '90 2.3L, I had a muffler shop make me a cat back for it with a 2.5" Flowmaster 40, and an 18" long, 3.5" chrome tip on the end. I was surprised how good it sounded and got quite a few compliments.

A few years down the road I installed a long tube header, kept the main cat and then had a Y pipe with dual Flowmaster 40's- here's a sound clip:
http://vid28.photobucket.com/albums/...X/exhaust2.mp4

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & catted H, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax, Brembos
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old December 2nd, 2014, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunt View Post
Is it a 40 series and is that your only exhaust mod?

When I had my old '90 2.3L, I had a muffler shop make me a cat back for it with a 2.5" Flowmaster 40, and an 18" long, 3.5" chrome tip on the end. I was surprised how good it sounded and got quite a few compliments.

A few years down the road I installed a long tube header, kept the main cat and then had a Y pipe with dual Flowmaster 40's- here's a sound clip:
http://vid28.photobucket.com/albums/...X/exhaust2.mp4
yea i have the flowmaster super 40 without the cat and a ranger header, i like the way your sounds. Did your exhaust sound louder after you installed the second muffler and the long tube header, and did it hurt low rpm after the long tube header was installed because thats what i hear
post #5 of 5 Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:21 PM
RAT FINK

I had the dual mufflers on before the header, it was much louder after the header, probably mostly because I removed the first (small) cat. Drone was pretty bad too (BTW these were original 40's I installed, they didn't have super 40's or delta 40's at that time). I only really saw a change at high RPM's, it pulled better there.

TBH it wasn't really worth all the money and effort I put in to install the header, the n/a 2.3L just doesn't make any power with bolt-ons. I did like the sound though.

2005 Mustang GT
CMS Stage 1 cams, Lito Tune, C&L Racer, CMDP, SR UDP, JBA LT's & catted H, FRPP Touring AB, Koni STR.T, BMR springs, J&M upper/mount, BMR lowers & brackets, J&M pb, Steeda Tri-Ax, Brembos
2009 Ranger XL SCab-4.0, auto, 4WD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page