460 in s197? - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 Old November 20th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Slow 3v

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendDexter View Post

What I'd recommend is instead of buying a ranger, buy a foxbody. Use the 4.0L for your DD, and build the fox.
This^^

You see what Craigs car(green fox that went to the track with us) ran with simple mods. He is actually selling it as soon as we get back. He is out here with me also. Im sure he would give you a good price.

464WHP/438WTQ
Whipple S/Cer, 3.5in Pulley, BBR 93oct Extreme dyno tuned, Exedy Mach 500, Borla Type-S cat back, BBK headers, BBK X, BBR LCAs, BBR adj pan hard bar, Eibach Pro kit
http://www.youtube.com/user/jpac811?feature=mhee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old November 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM

All i know is that is one sweet ltd !! Building a 79 tbird myself with 91 gt drive train
post #23 of 26 Old October 26th, 2017, 12:27 AM
Look Ma! My First Post!

Talking U GUY'S R ALL TRIPPING ON MSLSD

With the AJE. K-member, a C-4 n a drive shaft, the swap is CHILDS PLAY, along side (have fun with the stock gauge cluster) if you care, but it's do-able with anolog to digital converter adapters n shi*. And this BS that its all expensive is complete and total garbage. A junk 460 will run U like 250 on a good day, 850 may bee on a bad day,
but you need a pre-72 for the C8VE heads out of a continental. Have the stock heads worked on, throw a set of forged pistons , stock rods, stock crank, two bolt main block, ford (PN M9424-H429) intake, an e-bay 850 carb some rockers and a flat tappet say 650 lift range cam ok, and your lookin at 600HP easy. Forget about all that BULL-SHI* u just read. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 Old October 26th, 2017, 01:06 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Wink I MUST BE TRIPPIN' ON A 5 YEAR OLD THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphooker1 View Post
With the AJE. K-member, a C-4 n a drive shaft, the swap is CHILDS PLAY, along side (have fun with the stock gauge cluster) if you care, but it's do-able with anolog to digital converter adapters n shi*. And this BS that its all expensive is complete and total garbage. A junk 460 will run U like 250 on a good day, 850 may bee on a bad day,
but you need a pre-72 for the C8VE heads out of a continental. Have the stock heads worked on, throw a set of forged pistons , stock rods, stock crank, two bolt main block, ford (PN M9424-H429) intake, an e-bay 850 carb some rockers and a flat tappet say 650 lift range cam ok, and your lookin at 600HP easy. Forget about all that BULL-SHI* u just read. Thanks

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
post #25 of 26 Old November 20th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Regular

I like your spirit and old school would be fun. Like others said it wouldn't be very easy to do. For a junkyard motor you would want something early model with DOVE heads(1970ish) which I would think have all been crushed. I put a 429 (same as 460) into a 70 Mach 1 and parts were still in the junkyard but this was the 80's. That motor (385 series) never came in a 70 mustang(except the boss 429) so it was a swap. I used custom swap headers, oil filter adapter from a van, and boss 429 motor mounts. It wasn't so much of a stretch to put that motor into a 70 mustang since that body style came with FE series big blocks already. I used a 429 because back then they were plentiful and cheap and the 390's, 428's were not. Putting a big block into a s197 is a pretty big job and in the end it might not be what you want. I would think a 3V would be easier and still be a project. I'm from Daytona so I know emissions are not an issue so you could do all sorts of stuff and not have that worry.
post #26 of 26 Old November 20th, 2017, 08:08 PM
MM Fanatic

You do realize this thread is 5 years old right?

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010/283531-460-s197.html
Posted By For Type Date
788tq - ???? This thread Refback March 3rd, 2018 01:00 AM