Forums at Modded Mustangs

Forums at Modded Mustangs (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/)
-   2005 - 2010 (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010/)
-   -   Terminator supercharger on a GT, apparently possible? (https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2005-2010/612250-terminator-supercharger-gt-apparently-possible.html)

dexdiman October 24th, 2016 05:25 PM

Terminator supercharger on a GT, apparently possible?

I have always had the mindset that some day I would supercharge or replace my 2v engine so I have always been looking at the cost (and dreaming), and I have read on many forums that it's not possible to put a Termi supercharger on a 2v, but apparently this company has created a kit that allows exactly that. Seems cheaper then a standard Procharger kit considering Cobra superchargers are everywhere and pretty "inexpensive" to get.

Just thought I leave this here to see was people thought.
Mustang Supercharger Kits, GT, Cobra | Tork Tech

TheOdessa October 24th, 2016 06:13 PM

17 Attachment(s)
From what I read it isn't the most efficient hence why you rarely see this kit versus say a vortech style supercharger.

From the years of reading on these forums, I'd opt for a used vortech kit over the tork tek

NC03GT October 24th, 2016 07:52 PM

cool idea, there are a couple guys running the set up out there. They will easily get you to stock shortblock limit. As far as pricing goes, much more room to grow into with a centri supercharger set up

5rand0n7 October 24th, 2016 07:54 PM

Agree with the above... Here is a link to someone that has the same idea as you. Either option is cool but I also prefer my Vortech.

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-2v-build.html

BigJohnson03 October 24th, 2016 10:22 PM

That doesn't include everything you need to get it going. Check the site there is a list of other parts you need to get. This is not done commonly because in the end it costs more then a basic vortech kit. And what you have in the end is an eaton that is not only limited but heat soaked.

In order to make big power with these you will still need to buy a nice blower like a kenne bell, vmp or something of that nature. People who say it can't be done are very uninformed because tork tech has been around for a while.

dexdiman October 26th, 2016 12:55 PM

I, personally, have always liked the look of a top mounted blower. Pop the hood and BAM that's the first thing you see. I really like the Kenne Bell superchargers but they are like $6k easy and that is a little rich for my blood. I would rather spend that money on a 3v or 4v motor or build the 2v because it seems like a waste to spend that much money and be limited to 400 ish hp.

I know I could piece together a used Vortech kit for close to the price of just the kit alone but I was comparing it to a new Procharger or Vortech setup.

Either way, I am a long way off from supercharging my engine and I'll probably have to rebuild it or replace it by the time I am ready to supercharge. It currently has 132k miles.

Froush October 26th, 2016 03:23 PM

Kenne bell makes big blowers for 2vs. If it's more of a street car, go with a positive displacement blower. You will have a lot more low end and instant boost can only be described as awesome.

Btw, I see used kenne bells go anywhere from $2000-3000 all the time. I actually picked mine up off this site for $1500 shipped.

dexdiman October 27th, 2016 12:05 PM

Wow, if I could get a Kenne Bell for $1500 I would probably jump on it...

townaj October 27th, 2016 01:53 PM

That company has been around for a good while now making those adapters. But its not worth it. The Eaton is trash compared to the other options that are out there. It just turns into a giant heat pump after a certain point. Hence why I ripped mine off and am doing twins instead. More efficient, more power potential, and way way less heat.

CJackson October 28th, 2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Froush (Post 11687690)
Kenne bell makes big blowers for 2vs. If it's more of a street car, go with a positive displacement blower. You will have a lot more low end and instant boost can only be described as awesome.

Btw, I see used kenne bells go anywhere from $2000-3000 all the time. I actually picked mine up off this site for $1500 shipped.

Those deals don't happen anymore :lol. Facebook has got people thinking a Vortech s trim with the bracket is worth $2000.

jhayes21 October 28th, 2016 10:51 AM

so hard to find good deals anymore. I see things on FB or CL and just can't help but shake my head at the price.

dexdiman October 28th, 2016 11:58 AM

You probably wouldn't be restricted to the Eaton blower with this mod, and could theoretically use any blower designed to fit the Cobra. But then you would probably be spending a lot more money. This would be a better deal of this kit was like $1k

Froush October 28th, 2016 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJackson (Post 11689674)
Those deals don't happen anymore :lol. Facebook has got people thinking a Vortech s trim with the bracket is worth $2000.

I see deals come up all the time. Just gotta be patient and ready to jump on them when they come up

BigJohnson03 October 28th, 2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexdiman (Post 11689730)
You probably wouldn't be restricted to the Eaton blower with this mod, and could theoretically use any blower designed to fit the Cobra. But then you would probably be spending a lot more money. This would be a better deal of this kit was like $1k

As I said you aren't. But add in the cost of whipple kenne bell vmp ect

Froush October 31st, 2016 08:48 AM

dexdiman October 31st, 2016 01:13 PM

There you go, you just have to know where to look.

Now, if only I could find a Cobra rack and pinion... :dunno

01TB03AB November 25th, 2016 01:35 AM

I'll chime in since I have the tork tech kit and have been running it for about a year now. I did a lot of research and wanted one because I can use the kit on my 2V built engine and like stated above, get a kenne bell, TVS, or other blower compatible with the 03/04 cobra used for a decent price if I choose. My Bullitt has an MMR 600 so it will handle a decent amount. If my engine goes, I now have an upgraded blower I can put on my 04 Cobra. (stage 4 ported eaton, and looking into a TVS in the future).
I like the kit because the roots/twin screw blowers make more torque than the centrifugal blowers. on 10 psi my car dynoed at 439/437 and the torque curve is exponential as opposed to the centrifugals that make good power but the torque isnt instantaneous or as much from what I've seen. I also prefer the sound of a screaming eaton/twin screw over a centri hands down. The tork tech kit is expensive but I got it for a screaming deal so it has definitely been worth it. Other kits like kenne bell make more refined lower intake manifolds as far as the castings go, but I like my kit.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...psfvtaviyw.jpghttp://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...psph4g8uzt.jpg

dexdiman November 26th, 2016 12:45 AM

Thanks for your input. When I supercharge my 2v I'm going with a roots/twin screw blower. These 2v's have terrible low-end torque and need all the help they can get plus like you said the sound these blowers make is intoxicating!

Beautiful!

Looks like the hood need a little modification?

01TB03AB November 27th, 2016 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dexdiman (Post 11713010)
Thanks for your input. When I supercharge my 2v I'm going with a roots/twin screw blower. These 2v's have terrible low-end torque and need all the help they can get plus like you said the sound these blowers make is intoxicating!

Beautiful!

Looks like the hood need a little modification?

Yes the hood needs a hole cut in it to fit the eaton and bigger blowers. I had to move the hood forward to cover the hole which left drill holes from the hood behind where the scoop is now. I want to keep the GT style though so I got a V6 hood to recut later down the road.

On the kenne bell 1.7 and 2.1 kits, they fit under the stock hood with no modification to the hood

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/...psny9lhtkb.jpg