Clutch pedal losing pressure - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old January 14th, 2018, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast

Clutch pedal losing pressure

I'm in need of a little advice. My friend has been having problems with the clutch in her 06 Mustang. She bought this car last summer and had to have the clutch replaced shortly after by the dealer.

Now a few months later her clutch pedal will not hold pressure. The mechanic can bleed the clutch and it will work for a few minutes of driving, then it goes flat again. They replaced the clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder, and lines. At this point it must be the clutch master cylinder, right?

I do not know much about hydraulic clutches, but by my research, that's the only component left to change. I'm going with her tomorrow afternoon to talk to the mechanic, so I want to have a better idea of what we're talking about.

Is it possible there could be a loose fitting that's letting air into the system without leaking fluid?

2002 GT - 5 Speed
Novi 1000 @ 9 psi
Mods in My Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old January 14th, 2018, 11:10 PM
MM Fanatic

Im going to guess clutch master cylinder but it should be leaking, though it might just be drops. I went through this recently with my 07 though I didnt have trouble with the pedal losing pressure. Its a bitch to replace.

When it loses pressure is it hard to shift? Does it roll forward slightly when shifting into 1st from a stop?

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71
post #3 of 3 Old January 15th, 2018, 08:11 AM
Resident Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver GT View Post
At this point it must be the clutch master cylinder, right?
Yes. A MC leak is usually internal so you may not see any sign outside but when fluid leaks out, air leaks in and causes a spongy pedal feel with loss of pressure. This makes it hard (if not impossible) to change gears, and the car may creep forward with the tranny in neutral 'cause the clutch can't disengage.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.50 @ 109.61
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page