IKD if anybody remembers me.. NEW build...again!! - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 07 Boss

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old February 13th, 2018, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
The Despised Vert

Send a message via Yahoo to 2006greyGT
IKD if anybody remembers me.. NEW build...again!!

To whom this may concern,and everybody else!!

I bought my 06 vert in July of 07. I was just looking for a fun car to drive for the summer months.
My problem was my nephew worked at a speed shop. After we put a tune in it we strapped it to the dyno to see what it made... 365RWHP.. that was not enough.
Then I found this website along S197 and had my head filled with all kinds of bad ideas for what to do to my car..
The next thing I knew I had a Kenne Bell 2.6 on top and was attempting to race it at the strip..455RWHP
Then had to upgrade the wheels,Clutch,Transmission,gears,axels and suspension.
By the end of the summer I had broke the stock motor and decided to rebuild it with forged internals.Added Methenol injection and bigger injectors. Overdrive Pully and 8 rib belt mod, meziner water pump,
Thumper Tensioner.. and a few other things I cant remember..525RWHP

I had some minor stuff break along the way but made a whole bunch of passes at the strip before it closed in October of 2011. I kinda lost interest in the car as a race car and detuned it for the street.. [email protected] was the best pass it ever made.. it was consistantly in the low 11's.

Big jump forward to the present..
I am building it again.. couldn't find a bare Romeo block so we decided to use an Iron block out of an 03 Crown Vic..
Brand new heads with a port job that took the guy 2 months to complete..The guy works for Pro Charger and has all the right tools to remove aluminum.. He actually took my old heads and sliced them up so he could measure how far he could safely go removing metal..I went with Comp stage blower 3 cams and Beehive springs.
I had Seiberts's raceing in Topeka do all the machine work on the block. Reworked my Stroker crank and Connecting rods,Aries pistons, and everything else that gets redone when you do a ballence and blueprint on a motor.. I took them the ported heads and had them put it all together.. I wanted this one done professionally by a well respected company..
I was making 21lbs of boost when we pulled the old motor..I will be lucky to get 16lbs out of the new setup because it is going to flow so well.. We are going to run it on E85 and have a methenol injection system. We are going to also add 2 nitros shots... The new motor will easily spin up to 7500RPM and we are looking for somewhere around 750RWHP.. I had to upgrade my clutch as well from the McLeod RST to to the RXT.. my old clutch was pretty worn and even if it was still in good shape, it was only rated to 700 max.. RXT is good to 1000hp..

I am now just waiting on parts and to find the time to put it back together.. I hope to be racing it this spring/summer out at Heartland Park

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

KB 2.6l 4.9l forged stroker 2 1/2" Exhaust Cloth Top

NUMBER 3 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old February 13th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Enthusiast

Good luck with the build..

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp....documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp...documented " 1 of 1 "
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0.....documented " 1 of 1 "
post #3 of 10 Old February 13th, 2018, 06:56 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Whats up Grey?! Been a while. Not too many of us around anymore. I started a new build too.......

Bored BIG iron block and stroker crank should give about 496 cubic inches. Gonna go in a second gen F-body. With a 250 shot on there I think I ought to get into the 9's. You know me though, working on the chassis and suspension before we start building the motor.

Started off with a good solid base car so there shouldn't be too many hang ups except for money and time.

Still have Jessica, the whippled '07, but she doesn't get to see the track that much as I use her for a daily driver now.

Good to see you back here. I spend most of my forum time on the S197 forum as MM has turned into a ghost town.
faym 08 likes this.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old March 24th, 2018, 06:47 PM
Enthusiast

You really need Meth with E85?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalDosage View Post
Something about your avatar creeps me the fuck out.
2006 GT AUTO Mods:
Ford Racing Intake Manifold, 93 TUNE, UDPs, FRPP 4.10, LT's, catted X, LCA, Adj UCA, 3K Converter and P275/40R17 MT, HR cams and Paxton 1200sl
post #5 of 10 Old March 25th, 2018, 07:52 PM
gtscrewd

Yes very quiet here

tuned by performance dyno 496 rwhp 432 rwtq
July 2013 rotm winner
post #6 of 10 Old March 22nd, 2019, 01:27 AM
More Is Better.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post
Whats up Grey?! Been a while. Not too many of us around anymore. I started a new build too.......

Bored BIG iron block and stroker crank should give about 496 cubic inches. Gonna go in a second gen F-body. With a 250 shot on there I think I ought to get into the 9's. You know me though, working on the chassis and suspension before we start building the motor.

Started off with a good solid base car so there shouldn't be too many hang ups except for money and time.

Still have Jessica, the whippled '07, but she doesn't get to see the track that much as I use her for a daily driver now.

Good to see you back here. I spend most of my forum time on the S197 forum as MM has turned into a ghost town.
Same here. Forums are dead. I think FaceBook and the Phitobucket debacle killed the forums on the internet.

I still check S197 forum every now and then.

Roush TVS Supercharger / T56 Magnum XL 6 speed
Steeda suspension /Big Brakes / BMR K Member
Mac L/T's / Prochamber / Roush Extremes
"Daily Driver" RWHP: [email protected] PSI w/ LT's
"Dyno Queen": [email protected] PSI-stock exhaust
Mods in Garage
post #7 of 10 Old March 22nd, 2019, 04:00 AM
Resident Headbanger

I think the reason why this forum has gone quiet is that previous 3V owners have either moved on to Coyote 5.0 models or different cars altogether, so there aren't many diehard 3V owners left who are still modding them.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.50 @ 109.61
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
post #8 of 10 Old March 25th, 2019, 02:22 AM
MM Fanatic

I dont post much here because of how dead it is. I bought a 17 gt a few months back and can tell you the coyote is a pretty damn good motor. I hated all the coyote bandwangoners when it first came out but I can sort of see their point. It is a great motor but its not as torquey as a 4.6 3v.

That said, I still have my 07 gt but it mostly sits. Im selling it to a good friend who I know will take care of it. Its going to be a sad day when it leaves the driveway though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 GT Tungsten Gray

02 GT Mineral Gray

98 Crown Vic P71
post #9 of 10 Old March 25th, 2019, 09:47 AM
Resident Headbanger

I think a lot of people's idea of a dream Mustang is an '05-'09 model with a Coyote 5.0 engine.
Anyone with time, money, tools, and a lift could buy a V6 model, strip it down to the bodyshell, and swap everything over from a wrecked '11-'14 GT.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.50 @ 109.61
314rwhp 330rwtq with basic bolt-ons
post #10 of 10 Old April 8th, 2019, 09:07 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Boss View Post

Nice Firebird!!! I had a 1984 Aero Trans-Am back in the day. Loved that car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	84ta32.1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	203577  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page