New Chains Guides and Stuff - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old June 19th, 2018, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

New Chains Guides and Stuff

Just posting to keep the forum subsection alive.

New tensioners, guides, gears, phasers, chains and solenoids. going to take my time putting everything back on making sure they look as good as they used to.

Things get pretty dirty on the front of the motor so I'm going to try and get them looking like this again.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old July 17th, 2018, 01:03 AM

Did you choose to take the water pump off? could you have done the job without removing it? draining the radiator and removing it help with timing cover removal for spatial reasons? obviously your motor is a bit more than stock. timing cover looks badass btw. I will be doing this job next year or 3 years from now. I beat on my car pretty good and about to take it to the track. looks like a pretty basic tear down and r/r of timing parts you mentioned. any tips or tricks? thanks in advance.
post #3 of 3 Old July 30th, 2018, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl817 View Post
Did you choose to take the water pump off? could you have done the job without removing it? draining the radiator and removing it help with timing cover removal for spatial reasons? obviously your motor is a bit more than stock. timing cover looks badass btw. I will be doing this job next year or 3 years from now. I beat on my car pretty good and about to take it to the track. looks like a pretty basic tear down and r/r of timing parts you mentioned. any tips or tricks? thanks in advance.

I have an electrical H2O pump and it is easier to get to the inside cover bolts. Can't remember if the stock one is in the way or not. I removed the radiator so I had room to get my impact gun onto the pulley removal tool. If you are using manual tools you might be able to get away with just removing the fan and shroud but I'm not sure but it does give you much better access. Also, if you get a pulley tool from your local auto store, get the Chrysler pulley removal tool, not the ford one. Don't forget to apply a dab of rtv on the seams where the head meets the block and down by the corners of the oil pan. A dab on the crank key way too is vital to not having any leaks. As far as specialty tools I would highly recommend the phaser locking tool. The crankshaft positioning tool is not all that important but can't hurt to have.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page