Restoring a 09 CS/GT Conv't - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old August 23rd, 2018, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Restoring a 09 CS/GT Conv't

Hello

Just picked up my first S-197 a California Edition convertible that was wrecked with 138k miles. I am replacing body parts and plan to finish it in time to enjoy the rest of the summer in.

First off what are some of the main issues with the drivetrain and body? I have had a few 4.6L 3v in Explorers where they break off exhaust studs and warp manifolds but don't know of any other issues.

I have to replace the drive side front suspension. Is the suspension just a GT suspension or is there any CS spec springs or strut/shock valving? I was looking at the Ford GT500 replacement control arms are they worth the extra dough vs stock or aftermarket replacements? What about the Ford HD strut mounts? If I need to replace the strut should I replace the pair with new aftermarket? If so which brand for keeping the suspension soft for our local horrible street quality?

I eventually would like 400+rwhp and was planning on force inducation next year if I still have it but in the meanwhile is CAI, tune and exhaust worth any meaningful improvement in power (not just sound) or should I just wait for the power adder?

Thanks

1996 Mystic Cobra (current project)
2015 F250XLT CC LB 4x4 6.7l
2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid
1995 GT 5.0 w/TFS heads, stage II cam, Track Heat intake, roller rockers, full length headers, H pipe, 4.10 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old August 25th, 2018, 05:08 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

If you're just going to replace one side of the front suspension, stay with the same OEM parts. If you are going to be replacing both sides with aftermarket I would suggest BMR for parts. If your planning on a blower get gt500 front springs for the added weight.

Whipple, 3.125" pulley-Comp NSR's-Meziere-Pacesetter L/T's+Outlaws-Level 10 trans-PI 3400-PH driveshaft-Auburn Pro LSD-Richmond 4.10's-CobraJet springs-Viking shocks-BMR control arms, panhard, rear sway bar-and a bunch of other really cool shit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page