guess I can't bitch.. - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2006greyGT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old December 20th, 2018, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
The Despised Vert

Send a message via Yahoo to 2006greyGT
guess I can't bitch..

As crazy as this forum was back in 07 when I bought my car and got addicted to making it faster, I couldn't keep up with all the posts from peeps I knew..
Everything changes whether we like it or not. I got a lot of good advise from members and had a shit ton of fun busting balls with peeps..They gave it right back..
I blew my motor up then started my own business on top of a full time job. The Vert was by necessity placed on the back burner..
I finally found the time to build it again. almost done. Had most of it done professionally this time.. went with an iron block.. everything as good as I could get.. ballenced and blueprinted.. top RPM will be around 7500 with no prob..
I will check back to see if this was seen
HOLLYWD69 likes this.

KB 2.6l 4.9l forged stroker 2 1/2" Exhaust Cloth Top

NUMBER 3 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old December 20th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Enthusiast

It was seen, in for updates..

" Chance favors the prepared mind "
* SOLD * 2011 776rwhp....documented " 1 of 2 "
2014 - detuned to 780rwhp...documented " 1 of 1 "
2017 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0.....documented " 1 of 1 "
post #3 of 5 Old December 21st, 2018, 03:11 AM
Resident Headbanger

Sounds like an interesting build. Which iron block did you use? Boss 3.70" big bore? Did you take the stroker route or is the crank stock stroke (305ci with big bore block)?
I assume you've gone for a forged bottom end, upgraded the oil pump gears, and upgraded the valve train if you want the engine to be safe at 7500rpm.

2006 GT Deluxe - 5MT - 12.52 @ 109.33
311rwhp 328rwtq with stage 1 bolt-ons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old December 21st, 2018, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
The Despised Vert

Send a message via Yahoo to 2006greyGT
well...I bought a motor out of an 03 Crown Vic. Stripped it down to the block and threw the rest away..I was already all forged from the last build. I bought a new set of heads and had a guy that works at ProCharger, here in KC, Port the heck out of them. I gave him my old heads which he sectioned to see just how much he could remove from the new ones with out making them weak..All new parts. ARP head studs, Valves, beehive springs,Stage 3 blower cams, Sealed Power lifters and followers, lockouts. Competition valve job, Felpro gaskets, Cloyes timing set, Melling oil pump.
The block was completely redone along with the crank and the rods. New set of Aries pistons as well. The shop I had do the work is known for their superior work..
It is a Stroker.. this is my 3rd build..it was making 550rwhp and 600rwtq for the last build. we are looking to push 700 on this build..We are going to put a return style fuel system and it is going to use E85. Had 60lb injectors which we have increased to 80lb..
with the same pulley set up on my Kenne Bell I might make 15lbs of boost..it was up around 21. once we get it running we will decide where to add the N2O.
When I bought the car in 07 I didn't ever thing this would be a strip car.. Verts are heavy.. I bought it lowered and ran it that way for the first 10 years.. it now has a set of Cobrajet springs and Viking Drag shocks. I have a fully adjustable rear suspension so we will be able to get the trajectory correct..
We are thinking the Goal is Low 10's.. I haven't picked out my new 5 point harness seat yet but the roll cage is pretty much installed. Just need to add the removable door bars.
it has been a slow process for sure.. should have it all set to go by spring..

KB 2.6l 4.9l forged stroker 2 1/2" Exhaust Cloth Top

NUMBER 3 Official member of the "My Car Sucks And No One Likes It But Me" CLUB
post #5 of 5 Old February 18th, 2019, 09:43 PM
More Is Better.

Garage
I still drop in from time to time...

I think Facebook killed Teh Internetz.

Roush TVS Supercharger / T56 Magnum XL 6 speed
Steeda suspension /Big Brakes / BMR K Member
Mac L/T's / Prochamber / Roush Extremes
"Daily Driver" RWHP: [email protected] PSI w/ LT's
"Dyno Queen": [email protected] PSI-stock exhaust
Mods in Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page