What tune to go with?? - Forums at Modded Mustangs
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old August 13th, 2015, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Regular

What tune to go with??

Hey guys, so not sure what tune would be the best to go with. I have heard good and bad with just about every tuner online so wanted to get some opinions on who you guys think is the best for the new coyotes.

I was thinking about going to a local shop here in cincy, but not sure if they are that good with these motors. Wanted to see if its better to get an email tune from a company that knows these cars or take a shot on a local dyno?

Magnaflow competition catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old August 13th, 2015, 05:23 PM
Bo Baustin

Garage
Lund seems to be the favorite
post #3 of 22 Old August 13th, 2015, 06:04 PM
July '14 ROTM Winner

I do love my Lund tune.
The guys there are absolutely the best to work with, I went through quite a few tunes on my '13, and actually never used Lund.
Then when I picked up my '15, I started hearing rumors of the Ngauge, and decided to wait for it to be released.
I picked up one of the first ones with Lund, and I've been extremely happy since.
Car pulls great, gets waaaaay better MPG's when I'm cruising on the highway as well. Not that that's the focus, but it definitely helps.

2015 Mustang GT - Performance Package, Muffler delete, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Driver Mod, Lund Racing Tuned!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old August 13th, 2015, 06:46 PM
Zip's half naked helper

Lund or AED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley
I have an amazing mullet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordang View Post
If Marc's car was a woman, she would be in short skirt and a G string and he would tell her to bend over whenever people walked by.
post #5 of 22 Old August 14th, 2015, 07:25 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Ford Racing should have their tune released by the end of the year. That would be another option.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Automatic Ingot Silver

2011 Mustang GT Automatic Grabber Blue Sold
post #6 of 22 Old August 14th, 2015, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Just saw that beefcake uses Lund tuning as well, and I'm about 20 min from there or cincy speed. Guess I'll look into this ngauge, not sure I like the fact that it is locked however.

Would a different handheld be better or go with the Lund system?

Thanks guys
post #7 of 22 Old August 14th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

I want a Lund Tune whenever I get my tune, but I have no idea what that nGuage thing is. Why can't I just upload a tune and unplug it and forget about the damn thing like I did with my Bama/SCT tuner on my 03 v6 I had back in the day? lol. I have to keep it all connected and in my vent pod/ windshield or what?

2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium, Stock (for now)

Always Clean Crew
post #8 of 22 Old August 14th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Feb '14 ROTM

Lund

504/433
post #9 of 22 Old August 14th, 2015, 05:27 PM
You had one job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkin Kamikaze View Post
I want a Lund Tune whenever I get my tune, but I have no idea what that nGuage thing is. Why can't I just upload a tune and unplug it and forget about the damn thing like I did with my Bama/SCT tuner on my 03 v6 I had back in the day? lol. I have to keep it all connected and in my vent pod/ windshield or what?
You can do that with the nGuage too. It also lets you mount it on your window with a suction cup mount and display real time reading for up to 6 guages.

also some guys are mounting it in the dash. It looks great.

utlonghorns416 likes this.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #10 of 22 Old August 14th, 2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvlS197 View Post
Just saw that beefcake uses Lund tuning as well, and I'm about 20 min from there or cincy speed. Guess I'll look into this ngauge, not sure I like the fact that it is locked however.

Would a different handheld be better or go with the Lund system?

Thanks guys
Cincy speed did a good job on my friends fox. I am also 20 mins from there.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------
post #11 of 22 Old August 15th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Enthusiast

A local tune from a good tuner would be better then a can tune. Since that is it a option for me I'm going to get a Lund tune in the next few weeks.

USMC
post #12 of 22 Old August 15th, 2015, 07:18 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
You can do that with the nGuage too. It also lets you mount it on your window with a suction cup mount and display real time reading for up to 6 guages.
I like it in dash, couldn't do that on my own... BUT i also don't mind the window mount. besides that there is a cord there? haha.

All I need is to upload the tune, then Datalog it if I have to, but upload the tunes and detune it if necessary. I had like the SCT handheld with barely any options and I quite like it. I don't need this ridiculousness tech. Just a tune haha. I want a Lund tune, but the nGuage seems to be so much more than I need. But if you're serious I can plug in, upload tune, unplug, and put it in a box/the glove box and leave it. That makes me happy... Haha

Always Clean Crew
post #13 of 22 Old August 18th, 2015, 06:02 PM
July '14 ROTM Winner

Quote:
I like it in dash, couldn't do that on my own... BUT i also don't mind the window mount. besides that there is a cord there? haha.

All I need is to upload the tune, then Datalog it if I have to, but upload the tunes and detune it if necessary. I had like the SCT handheld with barely any options and I quite like it. I don't need this ridiculousness tech. Just a tune haha. I want a Lund tune, but the nGuage seems to be so much more than I need. But if you're serious I can plug in, upload tune, unplug, and put it in a box/the glove box and leave it. That makes me happy... Haha
You can most definitely upload your tune, unplug it, and stick it back in the box.
In fact, that's what I do with mine.
The perks to having the Ngauge for anyone interested, is that Lund is using their own software to tune through the Ngauge.
This is good, because they have the power and ability to modify whatever tables or parameters they see fit.
The downfall to SCT is all the software is proprietary, and they have to dance around all the locked down aspects and make a tune that is "good enough".
The Ngauge allows them to make a truly beautiful tune.

2015 Mustang GT - Performance Package, Muffler delete, Eibach Pro-kit springs, Driver Mod, Lund Racing Tuned!

post #14 of 22 Old August 18th, 2015, 08:28 PM

do not go with Lund

they don't have a phone number they don't reply in timely matter to emails they take forever on revisions.
post #15 of 22 Old August 18th, 2015, 08:35 PM
Instagram: RushGotti

Garage
Personally, I'm going with Lund for my Manual 5.0

On my '13 the best (Budget) tune I could find was MPT and it worked WONDERS. Day and night difference between Bama and MPT.

2015 Ford Mustang GT Ruby Red 5.0 (Lund 91 Race Tune, JLT CAI, Kooks 1-7/8 Catless Long Tubes, Flowmaster Outlaws (Resonator Delete X-Pipe), Hotchkis Front/Rear Sway Bars)
post #16 of 22 Old August 19th, 2015, 03:03 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
You can most definitely upload your tune, unplug it, and stick it back in the box.
In fact, that's what I do with mine.
The perks to having the Ngauge for anyone interested, is that Lund is using their own software to tune through the Ngauge.
This is good, because they have the power and ability to modify whatever tables or parameters they see fit.
The downfall to SCT is all the software is proprietary, and they have to dance around all the locked down aspects and make a tune that is "good enough".
The Ngauge allows them to make a truly beautiful tune.
Awesome, that's all I need to hear whenever I do go with a Lund tune and Nguage combo.

Lund's aren't free tunes like bama though right? So wait until I have everything installed that I want and then buy the tune right?

Always Clean Crew
post #17 of 22 Old August 19th, 2015, 11:12 AM
You had one job!

Quote:
Awesome, that's all I need to hear whenever I do go with a Lund tune and Nguage combo.

Lund's aren't free tunes like bama though right? So wait until I have everything installed that I want and then buy the tune right?
If you get a lund tune they will do revisions for free as you add things. If you go FI then you would have to pay for a new tune. All basic bolt on revisions are free.

1968 Coupe- Sold
2007 Premium GT- Sold
2015 GT- Premium auto, 3.55 gears, 20's

MY CO BUILD
post #18 of 22 Old August 20th, 2015, 02:54 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCStang View Post
If you get a lund tune they will do revisions for free as you add things. If you go FI then you would have to pay for a new tune. All basic bolt on revisions are free.
That's awesome! but once I go FI, i'll probably go with a dyno tune. Excited for my Lund tune for awhile though. It'll add a lot of pep to the car in a few years when I finally wanna break my 5 year warranty..

Always Clean Crew
post #19 of 22 Old August 20th, 2015, 12:24 PM

Garage
I think I'm going to be going Lund as well. I've heard lots of great things about them and the new 5.0's. Just not too sure how I feel about their NGauge.
post #20 of 22 Old August 29th, 2015, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
A local tune from a good tuner would be better then a can tune. Since that is it a option for me I'm going to get a Lund tune in the next few weeks.
I would normally say the same thing, but the local tuner here seems to excel more on the GM cars. where as Lund seems to be on top of the coyote tuning.

So I think I might just end up going with the Ngauge from Lund. Seems like a pretty good device and keeping datalog files to see if any tune adjustments are needed is nice.

Magnaflow competition catback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page