New Best time with my car first time out this year! - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old May 29th, 2009, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
89LX347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,304
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
New Best time with my car first time out this year!

well i went to the track last friday and it has been 6 months since i raced my car so i was ready. i were messing around with the timing and had it at 30 degrees just to start and i ran a [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] i turned the timing up to 32 degrees and got my best time so far on motor ([email protected] with a 1.75 60', previous of [email protected]) and then i turned it up to 34 degrees and got a worse time but exact same mph, i was racing a kid i knew and was more worried about beating him than my 60'. the motor stalled low on the foot brake, i only could get it up to 1900 without it movin on me. anyway here is the video.



I believe in art when it is not seen.
I believe in music when it is not audible.
I believe in God when He is silent.

Last edited by 89LX347; May 29th, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
89LX347 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 Old May 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
2009 ROTY
 
AzSonicSnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 5,646
                 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AzSonicSnake Send a message via MSN to AzSonicSnake
good stuff man! thats gettin it done.


MM Cobra Club #25 My Autolog Profile
AzSonicSnake is offline  
post #3 of 21 Old May 29th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,950
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Iwannagofast
the video wouldnt work for me but those are still good times....whats your setup
Iwannagofast is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 21 Old May 29th, 2009, 08:29 PM
MM Fanatic
 
baine21225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,356
     
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to baine21225
wanna trade cars?

"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it... and it's worked out pretty well so far..."
baine21225 is offline  
post #5 of 21 Old May 29th, 2009, 09:29 PM
The Razor's Edge
 
White Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: roanoke va
Posts: 4,396
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to White Thunder
good times bro

now update that damn sig

founder of the FTN Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuzzy View Post
how do you put someones quote in your sig?
White Thunder is offline  
post #6 of 21 Old May 29th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Regular
 
Burn'nRubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rushville, IN
Posts: 261
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Congrats on the time and a clean notch!

1992 Hatch: 306ci, gt40p's, comp xe270, Edelbrock Performer, 1.6 r/r, full bolt-ons, and some supension work

1995 Cobra roller: in progress
Burn'nRubber is offline  
post #7 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 3,014
   
iTrader: 1 reviews
That thing is a dog

PeteAndersonRacing.com
93mustank is offline  
post #8 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 12:37 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 11,614
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mustank View Post
That thing is a dog
nobody would want your lil 302 to beat him so be nice

[QUOTE=93mustank;2577445]We speed tested my right arm for quickness in shifts... So he could design the cam for proper shift recovery.[/QUOTE]
93hatch is offline  
post #9 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Regular
 
laztug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Big, Texas
Posts: 229
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I love this car!


Stock 5.0 Motor M/T Drag Radials
E.T.- 13.859
MPH-97.23
60 foot-1.853
laztug is offline  
post #10 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 3,014
   
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93hatch View Post
nobody would want your lil 302 to beat him so be nice
My crap box that cant make it down the track....friggin wiring mayhem

PeteAndersonRacing.com
93mustank is offline  
post #11 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
89LX347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,304
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
thanks guys. should have some 11.30s in it when i get a better 60'. im putting 3:73's in it and another tranny with a t-brake so it should pick up some.


I believe in art when it is not seen.
I believe in music when it is not audible.
I believe in God when He is silent.
89LX347 is offline  
post #12 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Enthusiast
 
88-gt-t-top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 852
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Thats awsome man, cars looking good... Are those pro-stars you got there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo5.0 View Post
You never save anything when you buy cheap off brand junk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e3sean View Post
its like taking a pill for a headach but the side affect is dihrrea, runny nose, blood clots, and aids.......well at least the headach is gone right......
88-gt-t-top is offline  
post #13 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gatorland
Posts: 7,599
     
iTrader: 3 reviews
You currently have 3:55's correct? 3:55's and no trans brake are killing your 60's foots lol. Still ran out very nicely, so congrats. With more gear and being able to stall it out, you could see some 1.5's on motor I'm sure and probably pick up a couple of mph in the 60ft.
flattusmaximus78 is offline  
post #14 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
e3sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: goldsboro NC
Posts: 5,556
       
iTrader: 0 reviews
good times with those gears. what h/c/i you running and what suspension?

<font size=4><b>MILITARY CREW 
SSGT (E-5) USAF LUKE AFB AZ</b></font>
e3sean is offline  
post #15 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
1slo5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Posts: 11,367
           
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1slo5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89LX347 View Post
thanks guys. should have some 11.30s in it when i get a better 60'. im putting 3:73's in it and another tranny with a t-brake so it should pick up some.
A new converter would make a world of difference I'm guessing. Sounds like your converter is pretty tight. I'm betting that is hurting you more than anything.

My daily driver has 16 cylinders and 4400hp @ 1000 rpm....


***1988 Mustang GT - Stock....almost
1slo5.0 is offline  
post #16 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
89LX347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,304
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88-gt-t-top View Post
Thats awsome man, cars looking good... Are those pro-stars you got there?
nahh everyone does those, they are bogart P-1 Dragstars
Quote:
Originally Posted by flattusmaximus78 View Post
You currently have 3:55's correct? 3:55's and no trans brake are killing your 60's foots lol. Still ran out very nicely, so congrats. With more gear and being able to stall it out, you could see some 1.5's on motor I'm sure and probably pick up a couple of mph in the 60ft.
yes sir. i am goin to 3:73 soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e3sean View Post
good times with those gears. what h/c/i you running and what suspension?
AFR 205's, jay allen custom hyd. roller, victor junior. i have PA tubular front suspension and lakewood struts with coilovers. coil overs in the back also with upr lower control arms and wolfe dual adjustable uppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo5.0 View Post
A new converter would make a world of difference I'm guessing. Sounds like your converter is pretty tight. I'm betting that is hurting you more than anything.
ya its a 3000 stall converter, pretty tight. i am gonna loosen it up once i get my new tranny. ive been asking around and wanted to get your opinion on what a good stall/flash converter would be for my car on the spray. i want it to run alright on the motor but wake up on the juice, it already does but just wanted to see your opinion.


I believe in art when it is not seen.
I believe in music when it is not audible.
I believe in God when He is silent.
89LX347 is offline  
post #17 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
1slo5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Posts: 11,367
           
iTrader: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1slo5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89LX347 View Post
ya its a 3000 stall converter, pretty tight. i am gonna loosen it up once i get my new tranny. ive been asking around and wanted to get your opinion on what a good stall/flash converter would be for my car on the spray. i want it to run alright on the motor but wake up on the juice, it already does but just wanted to see your opinion.
I forgot you have a nitrous set up. Its either going to run good on nitrous or on engine, not both. If you are going to have a nitrous set up then it needs to be a nitrous converter which is probably what you have now. If you have a new converter built have one built for your set up. Call Coan or Ultimate Converter Concepts and have them do it for you and it will be perfect. I never guess on my own converters because I'm not a converter expert so I'm surely not going to guess on yours and give you bad advice. I leave it up to the experts that do it for a living. Sounds like you have a powerfull set up though. It should come alive on the juice.

My daily driver has 16 cylinders and 4400hp @ 1000 rpm....


***1988 Mustang GT - Stock....almost
1slo5.0 is offline  
post #18 of 21 Old May 30th, 2009, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
89LX347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,304
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slo5.0 View Post
I forgot you have a nitrous set up. Its either going to run good on nitrous or on engine, not both. If you are going to have a nitrous set up then it needs to be a nitrous converter which is probably what you have now. If you have a new converter built have one built for your set up. Call Coan or Ultimate Converter Concepts and have them do it for you and it will be perfect. I never guess on my own converters because I'm not a converter expert so I'm surely not going to guess on yours and give you bad advice. I leave it up to the experts that do it for a living. Sounds like you have a powerfull set up though. It should come alive on the juice.
ya i understand that and im satisfied with an 11 second motor pass. i was gonna call neil chance up next week so i will add those too the list. its a fun car to drive and for some reason it runs a little better on the streets than the track. thanks for the advice


I believe in art when it is not seen.
I believe in music when it is not audible.
I believe in God when He is silent.
89LX347 is offline  
post #19 of 21 Old May 31st, 2009, 03:30 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Az
Posts: 11,614
                 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93mustank View Post
My crap box that cant make it down the track....friggin wiring mayhem
dam son, wait any longer youre gona get 90+ degree nights at the track

[QUOTE=93mustank;2577445]We speed tested my right arm for quickness in shifts... So he could design the cam for proper shift recovery.[/QUOTE]
93hatch is offline  
post #20 of 21 Old May 31st, 2009, 11:09 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gatorland
Posts: 7,599
     
iTrader: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89LX347 View Post
ya i understand that and im satisfied with an 11 second motor pass. i was gonna call neil chance up next week so i will add those too the list. its a fun car to drive and for some reason it runs a little better on the streets than the track. thanks for the advice
Your car puts down a great time on motor, but it has a strong mph. I'd like to think theres al ittle more e.t. on the table with that mph. Atleast thats why I think it would feel better on the streets.
flattusmaximus78 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome