11 Second 351w - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 Old May 20th, 2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3
there's a notchback in town that run 10.88 and its only got a 302 w/ 310whp. and it only cost him around $1000 on the motor. its not gonna be that hard to get ur car to go 11's. just make sure you have a nice suspention set-up
He is full of shit. Assuming a (high)20% drivetrain loss the engine would be producing 390 horsepower at the flywheel. The car would have to weigh about 2400 pounds to run that fast. I'd like to see a Mustang that weighs 2400 pounds with driver. Mine didn't weigh that much with me in the seat even after I cut the old roll cage out.
my bad im miss typed. 11.88. sry didn't mean to make you all angry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 Old May 27th, 2007, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Thanks alot for all the help. The car acutally weighs 2930 with me in it. I think as far as the engine goes I'm going to do a home port job on the heads, and put some chevy valves in the heads with comp cams roller rockers. Then just throw a COMP CAMS 292 MAGNUM HYDRAULIC CAMSHAFT K-KIT in it with .518/.518 lift that should wake up the 351. Next I'm going to put some 9 inch welds on the back and see if she will hook, that is after I pay off the $489 ticket I got the first time I drove it 2 weeks ago.

Just got the Cobra II home, changed the oil and spark plugs charged the battery and it started right up. So I decided that I would take it for a spin. So drop it into first, pedal to the metal and I'm sideways clear over the hill and miss second, so I pull into the highschool to launch it again a cop pulls right in front of me and saw the whole thing. Busted with:

Expired tags
No liscence present
No Insurance
40 over the speed limit
No registration
Wrong way in a one way
Also had to get it towed 200 yards, dumbest thing I've ever seen
Measured the burn out marks for the court = 112 ft.
Just list a few charges
Cop was a dick head

Any ways thanks for the great input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page