TrickFlow R series Intake Manifold? - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 Old October 27th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffordSmith View Post
nice informstion. . .
Yeah I'm going to check and see when the last time he was on to see what he ended up doing.

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Damn. 5 yrs ago lol

Edel per rpm2, Custom grind cam via of Shaun Harrelson ,TF heads, 75maf,70tb,Basani X,Mac Shorties,3.55 gears,Rear UCA/LCA's,Hotchkis CC's, 24 lb inj, 255 lb ph FP, , Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old January 3rd, 2018, 01:55 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Dam... took me 5 min just to figure out how to post a reply here... this place has changed

DART 331ci stroker, AFR 185 heads,
Trick Flow R intake,
Accufab 70mm tb, 75mm pro m Maf, 30lb injectors,
jba headers, 2 1/2" x pipe
flowmaster super 10 mufflers,
255 fuel pump,
3:27 gears
post #23 of 29 Old January 3rd, 2018, 01:57 AM

Anyways... i saw i got a pm from 6to8. And figured id log on

Trick Flow R intake,
255 fuel pump,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 Old August 5th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw View Post
Anyways... i saw i got a pm from 6to8. And figured id log on
Man it's crazy I googled something this morning and it took me back to this thread. I see I had questions before and you logged in because you got a notification of my question. I will reply at the thread as well and you can reply back there or here. I figure it might help someone else out at the thread. I didn't recall seeing a notification of this PM and so now just saw it when i logged in to reply to that post.

Basically I'm going to do a 331 first. I have 2 cars btw. I have TF 170s, custom cam, performer 2, 24 lb inj, 75 maf, 70 tb, shortie headers and a basani x on a tuned 302 in my wrecked car (3rd car). I was thinking about maybe using those heads and intake but go with another custom cam, 30 lb injec, maybe another 75 maf since I'd need to recalibrate mine, LT's. Those would be the only changes for the 331 Non track car. Since I need to repowdercoat the intake I was thinking about selling it and if I do, I'd either get another rpm 2, or a holley as the TFS R might be too big for the 331. Besides I want to use the TFS R on my 400 W I build for the other 95.

So there it is and just trying to decide what I want to do. I do know that potentially selling what I have now will go a long way in my decisions. I will also call trick flow and get their opinion on my thoughts of using the TFS R with the 331 and comparsions from the holley to the performer 2, ect. If I get different heads for the 331 it'll likely be the AFR 185's. I can actually see though just keeping my heads especially if i get the holley as I've heard they match perfect with the TF 170's.

If you are on the groups on fb what's your name there

Edel per rpm2, Custom grind cam via of Shaun Harrelson ,TF heads, 75maf,70tb,Basani X,Mac Shorties,3.55 gears,Rear UCA/LCA's,Hotchkis CC's, 24 lb inj, 255 lb ph FP, , Tuned in 2014 with Chris Tuton,
post #25 of 29 Old August 5th, 2018, 02:44 PM

Sorry. Still trying to figure out how to navigate this forum. Its ridiculous. It used to be so simple to navigate here.

Trick Flow R intake,
255 fuel pump,
post #26 of 29 Old August 5th, 2018, 02:50 PM

I'll be honest... I've been out of the game for years now. I haven't done a project on my mustang in probably 5 years... my information is probably out dated at this point. Not sure I'm the best to give advice.. I know some of the cylinder head manufacturers don't even make 185 pens anymore there now 190 or 195. I guess it all depends on how serious of a build your trying to do. If you're just looking for a street car with a little extra power I'm not sure you need to invest a ton into all new parts. I've seen good results from the 175 heads. But going 185-195 I'm sure you'll see some benifits..

Trick Flow R intake,
255 fuel pump,
post #27 of 29 Old August 5th, 2018, 02:57 PM

The R series intake I believe comes in two different versions.. one I think has a 75mm opening and the other a 90mm. Dont quote me on that.. again I've been out of the game a long time and I'm trying to recall all the information I use to know lol.. the version I have is the 75mm version. Although I have a 70mm accufab TB. My goal was to upgrade to a 75mm.. but it never happened

Trick Flow R intake,
255 fuel pump,
post #28 of 29 Old August 5th, 2018, 03:06 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanw View Post
The R series intake I believe comes in two different versions.. one I think has a 75mm opening and the other a 90mm. Dont quote me on that.. again I've been out of the game a long time and I'm trying to recall all the information I use to know lol.. the version I have is the 75mm version. Although I have a 70mm accufab TB. My goal was to upgrade to a 75mm.. but it never happened
gotcha man. NOt sure why I'm not getting email notifications. I did go to settings and it was checked to recieve instant email notifications. Anyway yeah man I believe too they have the 75 mm and 90 mm intake. I've heard that I should get good results also using my 170s and if i don't sell them I will use them. Hell even if i get an offer of 1000-1100 because the springs locks and retainers were upgraded, then i still might keep them as it seems one AFR 185 or TF 190 will be 1500' ish. Actually the AFR's are and looks like the trick flow 190s are 800 something ish.

And yeah trying to use this site and reply and make threads on mobile, and on others as well seems a pain to do certain things lol. Easier on a pc

post #29 of 29 Old August 5th, 2018, 03:16 PM

I use to use a tablet or a computer to reply here.. but those are long gone. I'm using my smartphone and it's a pain..

Trick Flow R intake,
255 fuel pump,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page