5.4 4v frankenstein - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old September 5th, 2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

5.4 4v frankenstein

I know maybe alittle off topic..but i came a across a guy who has a 5.4 4v in his 97 gt. Hes giving me a great deal on it was wondering how much of it was interchangeable with my 04 v6 mustang. ...driver terrain suspension ect.. need to move kind if fast on the deal any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old September 10th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Hans Sprungfeld

Are you asking about just the engine or the whole car?

You can swap the engine over with just bolt in parts (i.e. mounts) no problem. I'm not sure if the k-member would have to get changed.

You'd need a matching transmission and all that hardware. The hard part would be you would need all the electronics to run the engine. The PCM and all the harnesses, or a standalone for it.

Exhaust would have to be fabricated to fit (though not that different from GT exhaust).

You'd really want a new 8.8 axle. Your 7.5 wouldn't last long behind it.

New front springs wouldn't be a bad idea, but aren't a 100% must.

The fuel system is a bit more complicated. If the engine is set up for a return style system, you'd need to switch out the rails to a returnless, or set up your car for return. Your pick, really, and make sure that your PCM and wiring matches whatever route you go (or is tuned for it.)

If nothing else, depending on your location I have a fox roller and a whole bunch of modular parts that would be just the perfect home for a 5.4 4V.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in