AM Aluminum Rear Window Louver - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

AM Aluminum Rear Window Louver

Anybody tried these out yet?

Mustang Smooth Aluminum Rear Window Louver (94-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

They look sturdier than the plastic ones... never thought I liked those very much but these caught my eye. They've only got one pic of it on a car tho!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Biz Jet Fixer

Send a message via Yahoo to jdos1
$300???????

Personally I don't like the louvers.

2011 5.0 6MT, 3.73, Amsoil SS 10w-30 & MTG, Borla S Type A/B, DSS Alum Driveshaft, AirAid CAI, MGW Shifter, BBR Billet LCAs, FRPP Strut Brace, BMR Springs/Adj Panhard/LCA relos/Adj UCA, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Tuned by AED!!!
post #3 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Enthusiast

i only like them on darker colored cars for instance i like them on pitt bulls car but i would hate them on mine

LED third brake light to replace old sun damaged one, shorty antenna, new PI Intake Manifold with aluminum crossover (my original was all plastic). Bosch Platinum 4 Spark plugs (awesome set)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 12:56 AM
ajm
Banned

Seems like an ok product but personally youd have to pay me to get something like that vs me spending 300.

1. its going to make a car that looks nothing like the older styles try to look like one

2. $300 just for looks is kinda dumb...the car looks fine as it is...then again thats my opinion...

3. In the end its up to you. Do what you think is best.
post #5 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to sharkbait
Louvers Rock!! Get Them!

Louvers are something you like or you dont. If you like how they look get them. Dont ask about it
post #6 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
Louvers Rock!! Get Them!
What do you know - you're only 17.

“I Saw Elvis at 1000 Feet”

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
post #7 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Biz Jet Fixer

He's not the only one, bob.

2011 5.0 6MT, 3.73, Amsoil SS 10w-30 & MTG, Borla S Type A/B, DSS Alum Driveshaft, AirAid CAI, MGW Shifter, BBR Billet LCAs, FRPP Strut Brace, BMR Springs/Adj Panhard/LCA relos/Adj UCA, Koni Sport Shocks/Struts, Tuned by AED!!!
post #8 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdos1 View Post
He's not the only one, bob.
yeah I know.

“I Saw Elvis at 1000 Feet”

"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
post #9 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 01:13 AM Thread Starter

I agree... that price tag is STEEP! I was just kinda curious about the side profile they would give. They look like they might stick out a little further than the plastic ones. Still undecided if It actually would be a product I would consider, even if I did find a deal on one.
post #10 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sportbob View Post
What do you know - you're only 17.
WTF? im 17.

just a slow bolt on gt.
post #11 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Biz Jet Fixer

I'll be damned...there's more of us that I thought.

post #12 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Huxley Send a message via MSN to Huxley
I wish I had a Mustang when I was 17. High School would have been awesome.
post #13 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeenyus_eh View Post
I agree... that price tag is STEEP! I was just kinda curious about the side profile they would give. They look like they might stick out a little further than the plastic ones. Still undecided if It actually would be a product I would consider, even if I did find a deal on one.
If you don't love them, don't spend the money on them. The ONLY way I spend money on visual stuff is if I absolutely love the way it looks. If you aren't positive that you love them, you'll probably end up hating it after a few months.

Do the Right Thing, Cook. ~Zip.
post #14 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
lol true, or my old modded bimmer...
post #15 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Enthusiast

They look like the exact ones i have and i bought mine from Ford Mustang Rear Window Louvers - Metal 94-04 - Astra Hammond 10611
Louvers are just a thing you like or you don't. Ive had many people say they like mine though.

- full bolt on's, hitech stage 2's, zex 100 shot
post #16 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huxley View Post
Haha its nice but then again you come off as being a douche bag cause everyone else is in there moms toyotas ; and the cops fuck with you non stop. I got pulled over cause i didnt have my plate mounted on the front bumper cause it was brand new and i didnt want to drill so i got searched. took a whole hour. another time i was at a party and a cop made people get off the street all calm but when i go to move my car he bitches me out cause i have track numbers on the windows and a helmet in the passenger seat from the night before. he clammed i was street racing that night etc etc etc. he was going to take me to jail however when he called in my driver license number it came up clean and my dad was his police academy instructor.

its nice but sometimes its not even worth the hassle. lol

just a slow bolt on gt.
post #17 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Send a message via AIM to sharkbait
Louvers are something you do because YOU like them.

I have people say they look cool all the time. Other people tell me to take it off. I enjoy them and it makes my car unique. Though word on the street is the "other" purple mustang in town (a v6) just recently got louvers too. LOL

But yea its your choice, if you want i'll take pictures of my car and post them up to give you an idea.

also yes its very nice to have a mustang in high school. Its a tad slow for me though
post #18 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Hardcore Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mrsinister2424 Send a message via MSN to mrsinister2424
I'd rather buy my own mustang after high school. The first thing that comes to mind when I see teenagers with new cars, or nice cars is "fuckin spoiled, parents bought it." And while this might not always be true, it certainly is true enough to make a generalization... ESPECIALLY in Cali.

All my friends driver beater ass cars. And I roll up with my retarded exhaust setting off car alarms and wetting panties for miles. In a materialistic way of thinking, sometimes its nice when people you know say, man, I shoulda done what you did to get where you are now.

Speaking of which: Sinister got a new job, and is gonna be buying a new DD, which means supercharger is comin

99' Rio Red Mustang GT: --My Garage--
Check garage.

Vortech V-1 intercooled running 9lbs of boost

Life= eat, lift, eat, eat, eat, sleep, repeat
post #19 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister2424 View Post
I'd rather buy my own mustang after high school. The first thing that comes to mind when I see teenagers with new cars, or nice cars is "fuckin spoiled, parents bought it." And while this might not always be true, it certainly is true enough to make a generalization... ESPECIALLY in Cali.

All my friends driver beater ass cars. And I roll up with my retarded exhaust setting off car alarms and wetting panties for miles. In a materialistic way of thinking, sometimes its nice when people you know say, man, I shoulda done what you did to get where you are now.

Speaking of which: Sinister got a new job, and is gonna be buying a new DD, which means supercharger is comin

shit i wish my parent bought mine. I had a 1995 jeep wrangler that i bought when i was 16 for 3 grand from someone in desperate need of money. sure enough the jeep ended up being a collector jeep or some BS so it got sponsored and i got it in some mags but got bored cause they wouldnt let me take it off road. show room ONLY! so i sold it for 8500 and bought my 01 gt bone stock with 76k miles for 7500 cash. ive worked since i was 15, i just saved and invested all my money so where i can buy what i want. im lucky if i go to lunch and my parents pay for it. lol but im sure in cali its a different story

just a slow bolt on gt.
post #20 of 58 Old April 8th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTXMagic View Post
Haha its nice but then again you come off as being a douche bag cause everyone else is in there moms toyotas ; and the cops fuck with you non stop. I got pulled over cause i didnt have my plate mounted on the front bumper cause it was brand new and i didnt want to drill so i got searched. took a whole hour. another time i was at a party and a cop made people get off the street all calm but when i go to move my car he bitches me out cause i have track numbers on the windows and a helmet in the passenger seat from the night before. he clammed i was street racing that night etc etc etc. he was going to take me to jail however when he called in my driver license number it came up clean and my dad was his police academy instructor.

its nice but sometimes its not even worth the hassle. lol
I think it's dumb for high school kids to own nice cars because something always happens to their cars. Kids beat the fuck out of their cars and are so inexperienced they usually don't know what to do when something goes wrong. I'm only 23 so all the teens out there, don't think it's some old guy lecturing you. I look back at all the dumb shit I did when I drove in high school and I don't know how the hell I didn't total more than one car... and I was even a pretty responsible driver compared to most of the kids I was in school with. I'm just glad I totalled a 95 Avenger that cost me $1200 instead of a Mustang that I dumped a bunch of money into

And you can be the best driver in the world, but what about all those other dumbass kids in the high school parking lot that drive like jackasses? I got backed into more and got more door dings in one year of high school than I did in four years at college. That kind of shit just happens at high schools, no getting around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister2424 View Post

wetting panties for miles... CLASSIC. And congrats on the new job man. There's not a whole lot of good news flying around in the job market right now, good to know a guy like you had something positive happen

Do the Right Thing, Cook. ~Zip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page