Modded Mustang Forums banner

what the hell just hhappened

1K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Perfectcircle 
#1 ·
I'm driving my 01 GT to work barefoot (covered in poison ivy so I'm letting them air out). I go around the offramp and around the corner fluid pissed out all over my feet and the floor board. I don't have a sense of smell so I have no idea what it smells like. But it was freaking hot as hell. Judging by the reminents of it on my leg, its a dirty light brown color. Im thinking heater core lines clogged and finally went? It came from the upper corner to the right of the drivers pedal. I haven't had any driveability issues before or now. But my warranty is almost up so wtf is this?

#5 ·
haha

You don't by any change have an aftermarket oil gauge? because that could also piss hot brown liquid... lol

#6 · (Edited)
Ill have to look into it when its light out. I swear I thought a snaked ate my foot. I almost wrecked the car, not only was it unexpected, it was hot. Not cool. It was watery, not brake fluid consistency but my coolant should be fresh. It has a brand new radiator...which we now may know why.

Edit: all stock except for mufflers.

#7 ·
Without a doubt, heater core. At least the dash/console isn't too hard to pull in these cars.

#8 ·
Think its just clogged? With my jeep there's a trick to disconnect the hoses and run a garden hose through it to flush out the crap. think it'll work for the stang if the warranty doesn't cover it? Since the warranty is for parts that effect safety and driveability.

#9 ·
For fluid to spray out of the system, a hose, or the core itself, has to be cracked, broken, line disconnected, etc. That's my understanding. Do you have a Haynes manual?

#11 ·
I can only imagine how much I would freak out if that happened to me lol. Those are 2 sensations (hot + wet) that my brain would deff not be able to process if it just randomly happened on my foot.

Props for not wrecking lol

#15 ·
Your car was telling you to put your shoes back on. lol.

I had a heater core go in my old '99 Taurus. 2nd worst car to do a heater core on, and it went in the middle of winter too.

#20 ·
So your feet are covered in poison ivy and coolant burns... Sounds comfortable. My buddy broke a hose to the heater core hose on his ford ranger, pretty sure he fixed it in the parking lot it happened in that same day. As long as the core itself isn't shot should be a pretty quick fix. Just avoid any potentially harmful substance in the mean time, sounds like its not your week

#22 ·
Thanks guys. A lot of people voting for either side (the core itself or just a hose). I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and see if they'll cover it. If not, i'll start digging into it more. I never had a problem getting heat, hell even my a/c is burning hot air lol. Weird.

#23 ·
Score. Its covered under warranty. I'm gonna make a list of things for them to look into. It takes me about 20min to fill the gas tank as well. It always clicks the pump off as if its full. Either the pipes kinked or if they have a vent like my jeep, then that's clogged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.