Modded Mustang Forums banner

93 octane?

2K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  ZenMGT 
#1 ·
is it true if i use that gas and i dont have it tuned to that it doesnt do anything?

#3 ·
damn bro i dont understand that and fuk i gt an sct but its lock so i got to pay 150 to unlock you want to buy it for $30? its basically brand new

#4 ·
whats not to understand? with higher octane you can run more timing thats where the power gains are. why would i want to buy that.. it dosnt even work for my car.. i got a diablo predator anyways.

#6 · (Edited)
wait, you already have a Locked SCT Tuner? how much did you pay for it? I would personally unlock it if you will still be under the price of a new one. 93 Octane tune really woke my care up.

actually, I'd sell it and buy a new one from AM so you can get Free Tunes. I'm sure their tunes aren't super good but they get the job done for now. Their 93 Octane Race tune really woke my car up along with my 4.10 gears I installed at the same time. I have tried 2 different 93 octane tunes from them and the race tune was pretty great. Seriously, if you keep modding your car or want to take this hobby seriously you are going to need one sooner or later you know..

What all do you have done to your car?

#11 · (Edited)
#21 ·
You need to explain how you got more mpg with a higher octane fuel. Octane number is just resistance to knock. The higher the octane the less energy the fuel has...that means you'd have to use more 93 to get the same energy as 88. 93 gives you the ability to bump up compression and add timing which is where the increase in power comes from

#34 ·
that really sux - shady people lurk'n.....

I've bought and sold a few things on here with good experiences every time.

Team Tampa should go stomp some azz!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.