Help me Piece together my SC - Page 6 - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 117 Old July 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sonicGT View Post
Make you own power pipe for about 100$. Instructions are in my build thread.

For the pump you can use either the divisionX Stryker or the kurgan 340lph pump. Either will support that pulley without having to install the Bap or needing a wire upgrade (at least mine didn't but I have 60# injectors and am at 89% fpdc.)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

After viewing your build thread, I think I have the wrong spring in my Tial BOV as well. I have to use almost all my force to push the cylinder up.

http://jmbphoto.zenfolio.com/

2011 GT - Tune by Alternative Auto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 117 Old July 29th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerShiftz02GT View Post
Haha thanks!

So far I have:

Procharger P1SC
Kenny Bell Boost a Pump 20amp
Ford 42lb Green Top Injectors
6 Rib Belt
3.6 Pulley
Tial 50mm BOV.

Still Need:

HPX Maf
Procharger Bracket and hardware
IC
IC Piping
NGK Tr-6
255lph SVT Focus Fuel Pump
Powerpipe

So not too much more..
hey bro I have a extra procharger bracket for sale with no hardware. pm me if your interested.

Blower coming soon!!!!

Sonic Blue Crew
post #103 of 117 Old July 29th, 2012, 06:19 PM
US Air Force (retired)

Garage
Quote:
Haha thanks!

So far I have:

Procharger P1SC
Kenny Bell Boost a Pump 20amp
Ford 42lb Green Top Injectors
6 Rib Belt
3.6 Pulley
Tial 50mm BOV.

Still Need:

HPX Maf
Procharger Bracket and hardware
IC
IC Piping
NGK Tr-6
255lph SVT Focus Fuel Pump
Powerpipe

So not too much more..
You need a 3 lb. spring for supercharged applications. There are places that sell it on-line. Engine vacuum holds the BOV open. The spring starts closing in and boost holds it closed. For superchargers, the BOV needs to be completely open at idle or when letting off the throttle to prevent compressor surge. The 3 lbs spring will start closing the BOV just before engine vacuum is zero.

You might get a good deal on that bracket but you will still need the hardward including the 1.95" idler pulley and offset spacer. Without the offset spacer the belt will rub on the belt from the waterpump. The only place to get that stuff is from ProCharger. All of the hardward parts are listed below. Also, as you search for a bracket a '99 bracket will not work on your car.

ProCharger P-1SC, 9 psi, STD 396/383; Uncorrected 388/375; SAE 383/370.
Ret. USAF 1969-1973,1980-1996: Vietnam veteran. Aircraft maintenance. R & D, ICBM Operations.
Also own: 1997 Harley FXDWG, 1998 F-150, and 2002 Corvette LS1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 117 Old July 30th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Tial will swap the spring for the cost of you shipping whichever you currently have back to them. Just email someone is sales. I did this and it only cost me $4

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

SOLD : 02 Sonic Blue GT - Vortech V3-Si, Treadstone TRV25O, Tial Q, PMAS HPX MAF
SOLD : 14 Ruby Red F150 Ecoboost
15 Mustang GT PP - SCT Tune & Exhaust.
Click Here to see my 02 Vortech V3 Build Thread
post #105 of 117 Old July 30th, 2012, 03:24 PM
MM Fanatic

I have a procharger bov if u want mine

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

post #106 of 117 Old July 31st, 2012, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2000GT View Post
You need a 3 lb. spring for supercharged applications. There are places that sell it on-line. Engine vacuum holds the BOV open. The spring starts closing in and boost holds it closed. For superchargers, the BOV needs to be completely open at idle or when letting off the throttle to prevent compressor surge. The 3 lbs spring will start closing the BOV just before engine vacuum is zero.

You might get a good deal on that bracket but you will still need the hardward including the 1.95" idler pulley and offset spacer. Without the offset spacer the belt will rub on the belt from the waterpump. The only place to get that stuff is from ProCharger. All of the hardward parts are listed below. Also, as you search for a bracket a '99 bracket will not work on your car.

So Technically I could just buy the bracket used and then the Offset spacer, Idler 1.95 pulley and hardware from procharger? Correct? or do they only sell it all together

post #107 of 117 Old July 31st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Enthusiast

Hey which MAF did u decide to go with? I'm kinda in the same position as you. Finishing piecing my kit together.
post #108 of 117 Old July 31st, 2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNGT View Post
Hey which MAF did u decide to go with? I'm kinda in the same position as you. Finishing piecing my kit together.

VMP
VMP Tuning - Buy Ford SCT & GM Custom Handheld Flash Tuners Performance Economy Towing: VMP Blow-through 75MM MAF housing and HPX MAF sensor

post #109 of 117 Old July 31st, 2012, 11:10 PM
Baker Jr.

Send a message via AIM to bandity2k00
I used the lighting MAF with mafia when I was running p1sc blower or any horsepower around 500 or less..After that its good to get a slot MAF or so on..but the lightings are cheap but mafia is like 100 some extra so probably comes out same price just to get the slot style maf from the git go

RagTop GT -D1SC 24LBS BOOST, MMR 900, STAGE 2 HEADS, HP292 CAMS, EDDY INTAKE WITH 6061 PLENUM, BUILT C4 AUTO, 3800 STALL, WITH TRANS BRAKE, MOSER REAR.
post #110 of 117 Old August 1st, 2012, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

I called procharger today. It's 376.00 for the piping. Is it worth buying their piping over the CXRacing one... is it a headache trying to get the CXracing one to fit since it's universal?

post #111 of 117 Old August 1st, 2012, 09:11 PM
Baker Jr.

pricey..but not too bad really to have it all perfect fitting and directions..But na man im sure the cx racing one will be easy..it has everything..if you end up needing one small different angle you can order one quick cheap or cut something to make it work different..I see alot with the cxracing and the pipes look pretty. Id go with the cx.someone said 97 bucks on ebay..they said there sites a little more, like 120? would have to go on there ebay store and find it..But try and search on there universal kits in there store..as they have a bunch and try to see if they have one that has mustang under the fitment so its a little more specific for it maybe..Just follow your procharger directions and its easy..just two rubbers off the intercooler..with 180 on drivers side to loop it behind radiator then the pipe that has the step up in it if you get procharger it will have or if you get cx racing then just one big straight pipe all way up to headunit outlet..then weld your BOV on that pipe in front of the crank pulley general area..then that whole drivers side from intercooler is done..pass side you just put a straight rubber coupler off the intercooler with a 90 degree pipe then put a 90 degree rubber coupler on the end and turn the coupler so its facing up then put your piece of pipe that has maf adaptor flange on it..put maf on..then clamp rubber coupling onto the maf and then the trickey one is that procharger has a s pipe there...with the cx id put a 90 degree pipe coming off the maf to get it to shoot into the car there..then a 90 degree coupler to turn the pipe back up towards the throttle body direction..then just a straight shot up there to it with a 90 coupler to connect it to throttle body..if the straight pipe there hits valve covers or wont work..then just cut it in half and put a 45 or 30 degree rubber coupler to put a angle in the pipe like the procharger one has a slight bend..best is to have it nice and straight though..MAF gets best accurate reading but not needed as procharger has a slight curve..probably confusing since its not on paper..i would have a hard time but gives you sort of a idea if you break it down and go real slow..youll be fine..id go with universal..but order a pipe the same size as the kit that has a MAF flange on it.. that is a few inches long from the flange so you can clamp your coupling onto it..i can send some detailed pictures of my stuff when im on my work computer tomorrow at work..nothing on this computer as its brand new..well actually i was going to go get you detailed pics off my car now but bumper is back on now.. i can get a few since its jacked in the air right now..but i have some on work comp but those arent too detailed..you can see everything but its not pointing directly at the pipes..was just shooting pics of whole build when i did my p1 built first time..im here for you..just text me if you need me dude..im always by my phone 24/7..stays on my hip id love to help..call or text..perfer text but i know calling is easier when working on car in shop and for ease of understanding..443-942-five-five-four-three..ryan

RagTop GT -D1SC 24LBS BOOST, MMR 900, STAGE 2 HEADS, HP292 CAMS, EDDY INTAKE WITH 6061 PLENUM, BUILT C4 AUTO, 3800 STALL, WITH TRANS BRAKE, MOSER REAR.
post #112 of 117 Old August 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Baker Jr.

2.5 UNIVERSAL TURBO INTERCOOLER BLACK PIPING KIT BK BK items in cxracing store on eBay!

post #113 of 117 Old August 1st, 2012, 09:57 PM
Enthusiast

subd

Exterior is all done. Now its time she gets force fed.
post #114 of 117 Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:39 AM
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

I have a Vortech V1 and running cxracing piping custom cut and welded with a Procharger 3 core intercooler. If you want it to look nice and fit perfectly you will need to do a bit of work. The cxracing piping is aluminum vs the Procharger piping which is mild steel. Aluminum will run cooler.

2004 DSG Mustang Mach 1 4r75w - 508/436 on E85. 460/396 on 93. Intercooled Vortech V1 S trim, Circle D 4c converter, BCA valve body, VRS o/r x pipe. 11.37 @ 120.8 mph 1.63 60'
post #115 of 117 Old August 2nd, 2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
MM Fanatic

Thanks Bandit, you've been so much help.

Thank you for the nice pictures Blown.

post #116 of 117 Old August 2nd, 2012, 10:30 PM
MM Fanatic

Quote:
I called procharger today. It's 376.00 for the piping. Is it worth buying their piping over the CXRacing one... is it a headache trying to get the CXracing one to fit since it's universal?
my build is similar to sonics, I think i only cut like 2 or 3 pipes. Its easy, just like big boy legos. Get an idea of how you want to run it, then start laying out pipes, youll see where you need to cut.

2006 Toyota Tacoma.
post #117 of 117 Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Carving corners

after reading through this here is a great write up on ICs

Intercooler Theory

Follow me on Instagram! Username:whistles._
https://www.instagram.com/whistles._/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page